New Marriage To An Old Friend

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Marriage To An Old Friend

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Hello everyone! Over the weekend I had a dream that was extremely vivid to me. It was about an old friend, who God has recently assigned me to minister to and that I have been praying for. This friend is going through a rough time and really needs God. I am married in real life and in this dream it shows that I am married to him. Since I am married, this must be a spiritual union -- not a literal union. I would appreciate any input. I am needing some confirmations from God on this assignment right now. Thanks!!!

Scene 1

I'm observing a brick wall. I watch my dad as he meticulously cuts a door into the brick wall. The brick wall reminds me of the brick that was on my parents old house where I grew up. The wall seemed to be the outside wall on the front porch that led into my bedroom. So, it was like this door was being meticulously cut into an outside brick wall that led into my OLD bedroom where I grew up.

Scene 2

In the dream my friend (we'll call him "S") was recently divorced and now he was married to me. I had just moved into his home, which in the dream was an apartment. He had gone to work for the day and I was at home settling in. I had a question, or wanted/needed to talk to "S" so I called him at work. While talking to him I noticed my brother-in-law, Rob, was laughing about something my dad had done, and telling me to share it with "S". I started laughing so hard too that I laughed and laughed for a while without being able to stop myself to explain to "S" why I was laughing. I did finally stop, and asked "S" if he had time to hear about this right now, or did he want to talk about it when he got home from work. He told me that he wasn't doing anything right now but setting aside time to talk to me. So, I began to explain. "Well, my dad has these projects. And for each one he makes a red file folder. For example, if he installs a new ceiling fan he makes a red file folder, labels it 'ceiling fan project' and puts the warranty, the owners manual and any receipts that go with the fan in the folder and files it." I went on to say, "It's actually pretty smart!" "S" just listened. He didn't make any comments. Then he started telling me that he had made a business arrangment with someone and sold our home and that we were moving. While I wished he had discussed it with me first, and wouldn't normally be happy about moving -- especially since I had just moved in, I was determined to support "S" and told him he had my support. That's when movers showed up and took all of our stuff away. I stayed in the apartment (dont' know why, but I was still on the phone with "S") and a lady came in and began vacuming the apartment floor.

While talking to "S" on the phone I noticed two children mistreating my little dog. IRL, this dog is like my baby since my husband and I currently do not have children. They were putting something that looked like a bandage over his eyes. IRL, he is practically blind from cataracts, but in the dream he did not seem to be. I told "S" to hang on, threw the phone down and ran over to the kids. I spanked one, and rebuked the other and told them if they ever did that to Nicko (that's the dog) again, I would spank them. I removed the bandage off of Nicko's eyes and then I went back and told "S" what they had done. I felt like we were working together. I felt that it was very good between "S" and me, but things had to be worked through. I had to prove myself to him -- that I was a good wife. But I knew I could and I knew he would be pleased.

"S" was nice to me, but he was hard to read. I felt that he was happy to be married to me, but was gunshy about showing it and was still kind of unsure about how he felt, although I felt sure about how he felt. I asked him, "How do you feel about being married to me?" He mentioned a concern about me spending his money. In the dream we already had a joint checking account. I told him that I don't spend much money. I also told him "Why don't you allow me to pay the bills. I've always done it and can take the pressure off of you." He agreed. Also, I wanted him to know that I had a savings account with more than $50,000 that I brought into the marriage that we can use if we need it. As I tried to tell him this, I kept getting interrupted by people that were in the apartment. I felt this was very important for him to know. "S" told me that he was not upset by the marriage and went on to say some other things, but the volume on my phone was messed up and that woman was vacuming, so I couldn't hear the words. However, I did discern the spirit of what he was saying. It was one of caution and him kind of putting up a facade. I didn't feel he knew the truth himself, but I was ready to support and help and address every concern. I told him my phone volume was messed up and asked him to repeat and he began telling me the same thing again. I was listening to him and trying to tell him about the savings account when the dream ended. The spirit of the dream was one of transition and rebuilding, but was very positive. I felt like this was a dream of "discernment" -- for the purpose of discerning some things that I needed to know for the near future.

Back to top Go down

Re: New Marriage To An Old Friend

Post by sunshine2 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:31 am

Hey Sandra, I have to admit when I saw the length of this dream my mind did a backflip! All the details kind of scared me. I will just give you the impressions I got. Hopefully someone else will help fill in the blanks :)

OK, so we know that this dream is about some spiritual union you have with S. It seems to me from the dream that you are being led by discernment the whole way and you seem to have clarity in how to deal with each situation as it arises. I think a lot of this dream you will understand as things come along. That's how "timeline" dreams usually are. The closer you get to the "next thing" the more clarity that comes. The fact that he made the decision to move from the apartment to a home seems like a good thing. Apartments are good for a "new" relationship, but they don't feel as intimate and private as a house. A house is more of a "home".

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:52 am

Scene One

I think your dad in this dream is your Heavenly Father who cuts the door to reveal to you issues of the past that have been hidden(covered by the brick wall) or put away and Hes bringing them out into the open for you to see. These issues are private, intimate (not sexual, just personal) matters (the opening is to your old bedroom).

This scene reminds me of the scene in Ezekiel 8 where the Lord is showing Ezekiel the hidden doors to the temple that the Israelites have built walls over so that they wouldn't be seen.

I will add more later...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:42 am

Thanks Sunshine and Lola! You are both SO RIGHT ON!!! I really appreciate the input. I'll look forward to hearing more from you, Lola! You are so right about the doorway. That is what I got out of it too!

Sunshine, you are also right about undersanding more as the time line grows closer. I have discovered that so many times with my dreams. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:45 am

....."S" just listened. He didn't make any comments. Then he started telling me that he had made a business arrangment with someone and sold our home and that we were moving. While I wished he had discussed it with me first, and wouldn't normally be happy about moving -- especially since I had just moved in, I was determined to support "S" and told him he had my support. That's when movers showed up and took all of our stuff away. I stayed in the apartment (dont' know why, but I was still on the phone with "S") and a lady came in and began vacuming the apartment floor.

This scene I think is important for a host of reasons...
- "S" seems to still be adjusting to his role...he isn't fully engaged in the conversation, his mind is elsewhere...when he does comment, it's totally about something else, there's no acknowledgement of what you've just said (even though he said at the beginning that he had time to talk with you so it was ok to tell the story), I think that this is giving you a "heads up" of how it will be IRL - he may talk to you and want to hear from you but he won't always be engaged with what you are saying...
- Another sign of not fully adjusting to his role is that he then tells you that he's made a big decision that will impact you without your input. As soon as you tell him that he has your support, every moves into action.
- But the move appears positive - it's an upgrade, you're moving from an apt to a house, movers are available to move the furniture, a cleaning woman comes to clean up the stuff - this to me symbolizes the assistance you will recieve as you and "S" move to a new stage in your ministry. Things will be cleaned up and the things that are to come with you into this new stage will be moved without any effort on your parts, it will come naturally. And you two will stay connected as this transition takes place.

I felt like we were working together. I felt that it was very good between "S" and me, but things had to be worked through. I had to prove myself to him -- that I was a good wife. But I knew I could and I knew he would be pleased.

I think you know your worth, you know that he may have issues from his previous marriage that may bring baggage into this ministry (e.g., trust issues) but you're confident that you can gain his trust because your motives are pure.

In the next scene, I also believe that this is about discernment. You know the state of your marriage and you understand his issues, you know where the challenges will be. Again, you know your worth and what you can bring to the relationship. The part with the noise tells me that your discernment will need to be high because you won't always hear from him directly, there will be things (and people) that will get in the way.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:31 pm

Wow, Lola! This is sooo awesome. It really ministers to me on a heart level. You have given me much insight that I feel like I need to "meditate on". There's so much in it, and I believe it is right on. This is one of those dreams where I've been seeking the Lord about it, and yet it seems easier for others to "see" into it, than me. lol! Thanks bunches!!!! I'm so blessed by what you've shared.

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:20 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top