Well, I Told You to Move But You Wouldn't....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Well, I Told You to Move But You Wouldn't....

Post by lola21st on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:28 am

A Series of DreamsÖ.

Scene One
Iím at work. IRL, we work in a cubicle environment but in the dream the cubicles arenít there, only our desks and cabinets. Two women are eating at their desks while a co-worker and I are eating burritos at a table in the area. We started talking to the other women from where we are sitting.

Scene Two
Iím at church. Thereís an event at the church. I open a door and walk into a room where women are gathered, several of whom I know. It turns out that they all have cancer, itís a cancer support group meeting. Iím really saddened not only because I didnít know that they had cancer but also because they didnít tell me, they kept it (the burden of living with it and treating it) to themselves instead of reaching out for support. Although theyíre at a support group meeting, I felt like even the meeting was secret. I talk to several and pray with them.

Scene Three
I drive home. This is not my home IRL. The street I live on is on a hill and the road hugs the hill, the homes are on the left side built against the hill. There are no homes on the right side which inclines downward, instead there is a vista view of the city that we live in. A friend of mine is there and he appears fatter around the mid-section. I tease him and tell him that heís looking like me now (IRL, Iíve recently gained weight). We get into my car and I drive to get on a highway. Traffic is very heavy, weíre driving very slow, 10-20 mph. As weíre merging into traffic, I realize that thereís are Indian families (India, not Native American) alongside the shoulder of the highway. They appear to be squatters living in a dilapidated van. They are impoverished. But theyíre all over the place, theyíve built their encampment so that it spills over into the driving lanes of the highway. I ask them to move out of the way so that I can drive through. Some do but others arenít listening. I ask a couple more times but nothing. One man is sitting down and his legs (which are like bones) extend into the road. I ask once again and he wonít move. So I reverse the car a few feet then drive forward and I drive over his legs. It wasnít my intention to drive over his legs but in the dream I felt like Iíd given him more than enough warnings so didnít feel remorseful at all. I didnít feel great either, just felt like I had to do what I had to do to get where I needed to go and it was unfortunate that it had to happen like that.

End of dream.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Well, I Told You to Move But You Wouldn't....

Post by sunshine2 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:56 am

I feel like this dream is about three areas of influence in your life:
Your work, your church and your city.

The symbolism at your workplace is that you are eating with one other person and the two of you are talking to the other women from where you are at. This could be positive, like you are in good communication and relationship at work or it could speak of an opportunity to reach out to these women in a bigger way (invite them to your table, greater intimacy).

The church feels like where God is leading you and that it is an area that you are willing to go. You are willing to reach out to pray for/minister to women in your church who need healing. This is an area that God has gifted you in and I feel like He's showing you that there are women in your church who need healing (emotional or physical) that you may not even realize.

Your city dream feels like you are representative of your city/area. In the natural is there a large population of Indian people? This could be literal. If not, I highly suspect that they symbolize Native Americans. The plight that you saw them in on the road is so symbolic of how the Native Americans have been treated. The fact that you ran them over with your car without much remorse sounds like the way the American people have treated Native Americans. I don't know, it almost seems like you could repent on behalf of your city/area for the injustice that has been done against them. I could be totally off, but that's just what came up when I read that part. I don't know about your friend. What does he represent to you?

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi sunshine2 -

Thanks for your input!

I agree about the first two scenes and the three areas that the Lord is showing me...as it relates to the Indians, they weren't Native Americans they were East Indians (India). There is a large Indian population in my metro so I tend to think the symbolism here is more likely tied to that culture versus Native American culture....

Please let me know if you see anything else. And if anyone else has any thoughts, please feel free to add...thanks!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:16 pm

Ah yes, then it is literal to the Indian culture. As a disclaimer I have to say that God has me involved through intercession right now with the Native Americans so that is sometimes where I go by default ;) No worries! I still feel like the action you took in your car was some kind of type of the "western view" of the Indian (East Indians) culture. There could be something there that maybe God is bringing to your attention. Of course, that is for you to prayerfully consider. Bless you !

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:29 am

scne1 some confing restriktions removed frm u..scen2,maybe literal..but i think its mor symball.ppl u kno hav something eating them inside,,2 embaressed 2 tell u..scne3,um i think some very needy ppl will come across ur path u can either stop an help them or drive over them,,i think its in the near future,,,,

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:38 am

Hello Lola! I don't have an interpretation per say, but I have read this dream several times and when I read the last scene, this scripture comes up every time: "Matthew 5:14, "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house." Interesting that in the dream your home was on a hill! I believe this would go along perfectly with what Sunshine has already given you. Blessings! Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:22 am

Okay...I've been praying about this dream, specifically the last scene. I feel like this could have more than one layer of meaning. I believe it is talking about your place in intercession for your city, but also think it has a specific message for your life. The scripture that I gave you above is talking about the Word of God and how we are to let the light of the Word of God that we have received shine. In this scene, you are traveling down the highway of life. You're having to go slowly because of traffic -- there's a lot of activity, much is going on. Finally, you can to a seemingly inmoveable obstacle. I say "seemingly" because you did, in fact, find a way around it, although it wasn't the best way for this situation to have turned out. The best way would've been for the person to cooperate and move out of the way. The problem was that he was almost ONE with the road. His legs (which were like bones) were going into the road. I feel like the reason why he could NOT move, and the reason he was 1 with the road of life, is because of a LACK OF SPIRITUAL NOURISHMENT. The Word of God is plain. People parish for only 2 reasons: (1) a lack of vision (2) a lack of knowledge, and the first stems from the latter. In this scene there is poverty all around. All poverty is based in the realm of the spirit because one word from God can bring anyone out of anything. This guy whose legs were like bones, was very malnourished, to the point that he had no meat on his bones at all. I believe this is spiritual malnourishment -- a lack of the Word of God, hearing and knowing the truth. This poverty is both something I feel you are being made aware of, but also something that seems to try to be hindering your progress in life. You told the man to move and he would not/could not either one. So, you had to drive over him. This makes me think of people who I know in life who do not know the Word of God and will not receive it. In life, they have tried to stand in my way of progress many times. They tell me I can't be healed. God won't prosper me. I have to live in lack. When it comes to these people, I have to simply "run over them" and go forward. I can't let their words of poverty and lack affect where I am headed. Now, the best thing obviously would be if they would hear me say, "My God shall meet all of my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus," and receive that Word and allow it to change their circumstances too. But, if they will not, I must move forward whether or not they agree. That is the feeling I get about this last scene in the dream for you. Because of a lack of nourishment in the Word, this obstacle would not move (perhaps a person or persons -- I don't know), but you had to move forward regardless. Please pray on what I've said. I feel like I have only scratched the surface of the revelation provided to you hear.

Love in Jesus!!!

Sandra

P.S...interestingly your friend has "gained weight" and so have you. You guys ARE NOT spiritually mal-nourished. I feel like the opposite is true -- you have an abundance of spiritual food/revelation!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:06 am

Okay...I'm getting more on this now. Even in the first scene, I believe it is speaking of spiritual nourishment. You are eating lunch, a burrito -- which to me is hearty meal, and one that sticks with you and last for a while. In other words, you're not hungry again 30 minutes later. I believe this is revealing the way you receive from God -- both in time in the written Word, but also in revelations. It's interesting that the cubicles aren't there -- no separation between you and your co-workers. They were eating at their desks, as if eating while they work. But, you were actually taking a break and eating. To me this is quality/quantity time in revelation of the Word of God/insights in the things of God, and because you were resting and taking this break, you were able to minister to your co-workers, who were eating and working at the same time, indicated by the fact that they were sitting at their desks. I believe God is showing you that because of your willingness to seek Him and hear His voice, other people who aren't spending that time and making that same effort are also benefiting from what the Lord is speaking to you and showing you. The work you do on this site comes to mind. But, I also believe this is a specific assignment the Lord has given you to nourish other people spiritually speaking.

Scene 2 -- Will send you a PM about this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:09 pm

I read your dream earlier and had some thoughts but I just couldn't get them out (I know imagine that!!lol)--I needed to do more thinking on them.

What stuck out to me was the second dream: the cancer support group meeting. Its interesting how so many women are involved and that its at church. I wonder if this is your calling in a way: to help women that are burdened either emotionally or spiritually with some things and they need deliverance? Do you think you're called to women's ministry? TALK THERAPY so to speak. You kind of "walked up" on the meeting and had no idea that these women were hiding these issues: could this be literal that you will meet some people that you're familiar with that have some deep rooted issues/problems that you had no idea they existed because its like they tried to keep it from you (maybe they were concerned about what you would think of them if they had told you)/they were functioning adults (seemed like all was well from the surface)? It appears like you almost felt "left out" of the group, that you were the "outsider" do you feel like that in some aspect of your life--whether it be at church or at your job etc? Like you're not on one accord with everyone else (not in a bad way, you're just on another level)? Notice that everyone there had cancer (or were sick) and you weren't. Do you think you're called to "heal the sick" and to bring encouragement etc?

The last scene of the indians was interesting as well. You mentioned that you were "trying to do what you had to do" not trying to seem harsh or unconcerned you just needed to do some things/get to your destination. I wonder if you have that "pull no punches" type of personality--you say what you feel and don't care what nobody thinks (you do in a way, but you're alot less "Sugar coating" than most)? Your honest/blunt and maybe that leaves you somewhat feeling badly or regretting that you said certain things to certain people at a certain time, because they may have taken things the wrong way (even if you said it out of love)? You may step on some toes through the process but people either take it or leave it because you have good intentions.

So I reverse the car a few feet then drive forward and I drive over his legs. It wasnít my intention to drive over his legs but in the dream I felt like Iíd given him more than enough warnings so didnít feel remorseful at all. I didnít feel great either, just felt like I had to do what I had to do to get where I needed to go and it was unfortunate that it had to happen like that.

This part REALLY stuck out. You've given this person (IRL?) more than enough warnings to let them know of your intentions and actions. In the dream, this person's legs were weak and you could tell he was malnourished (needs help in some way with 'his walk'). Its like this person wanted you to feel sorry for him (everyone else didn't seem to be concerned). You weren't having it! You have a heart for people, but you can only do so much for those that need to change for themselves! In the dream, you could see your remorse (others may have felt you were callous), but you knew that your actions were in your best interest. You broke the man's legs (undoubtedly since you ran over them!lol) but maybe now, he will learn from his mistakes and take action in trying to improve himself/make changes and stop having a "pity party" and "accepting handouts". Though you "back up" briefly (as in think of the past), you move forward and press ahead. That's all you can do. You can't let stumbling blocks and "moochers" get in your way of your own progress. Weak people play off of stronger individuals emotions making them weak in return with damaging effects. Do what you need to do and move forward. You realize the situation, but you can't do anything about it (it has nothing to do with you I should say) and you move ahead knowing you can't let someone elses issues stop you from progessing ahead. Keep your deliberance, tenacity, and focus and the Lord will bless!

This is what I got. Please pray on what I've said as I want to be accurate
God bless
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:24 pm

God's people, you're awesome!! :thankyou:

I will continue to pray about the interpretation but a lot of what was said here bears witness in my spirit! There is a lot to digest, like the burrito that I dreamt! I was going to have a burrito for lunch to celebrate but I feel "stuffed" already, have opted for a salad instead... lol!

Thanks and may God richly bless all of you!! Flower Power

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:38 pm

The salad may digest better!! lol!

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:09 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top