Rumor Has It...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rumor Has It...

Post by snikwhite on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:56 am

In my dream, I am at my church. I am myself, and at my current age. I am with the youth in the back annex and we are preparing for some sort of event. There is food cooking (i can smell it in my dream) and we are preparing the tables. One of the boys (the pastors son) is standing behind me and is approached by a girl (a girl I happen to be mentoring). She is accusing him of spreading rumors and things. Specifically blaming him for the trouble she is in now. I feel a righteous anger wash over me. (meaning, the feeling in the dream isn't emotional, it is that feeling you get when someone takes a jab at Jesus and you KNOW you have to defend the situation) I put my face right in her face and I tell her to back off. I am yelling. I tell her that she needs accountability in her life and to stop looking out. If she wants to know the source of her problems look here, and somehow, I have a mirror and make her look into it. The next thing I remember is we are at the function, and the two kids are getting along. I am still kind of worked up, there is a tremor in my stomach. People are filling their plates and the children are on the sidelines being ignored while the adults eat. I wake up.

Thoughts?

snikwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumor Has It...

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:14 pm

Seems like a literal interpretation there. The thing that I personally would be concerned about is that while I definitely needed to take a stand and correct the behavior, why was I unable to do it with grace and love? Where were the fruits of the Spirit in the method of correction? I would personally take this dream as a prompting from the Spirit for a time of teaching and self-examination and ask Him to search me out to see if there is any aspect of the behavior from the dream in you in real life that needed to be plucked out.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:17 pm

I wonder if God is preparing you to "take a stand" for him/for someone else in defense of him/her in the future? I'd have to agree with RnestseekR here, this dream may be literal and I think you'll have the same type of feelings when the situation happens (ie: being mad, aggravated, agitated,etc). I noticed in the dream that you got in the person's face and began yelling. Its admirable to take a stand for someone, but just make sure that you don't "get out of order" and let your "good be evil spoken of". Pray that God will keep your heart and mind and actions as you talk to others. You can get your point across without being "harshly blunt" and hurting feelings and turning people away 'from Christ'. The moral of the story: your job is to lead people to Christ and be an example by "speaking the truth in love"(Ephesians 4:15) and showing mercy (Matthew 9:13/Luke 10:37.) On a side note: continue to be concerned about the issues of others (don't let others be pushed around-which seems to be your passion) when its in you power to do good to others--do it. I wonder too if you feel like people aren't concerned about the important issues like you are? Okay, before I keep rambling let me shut-up--just wanted to give you some points to ponder on! God bless and pray on what I've said
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:32 am

I agree with Desiree and Rnestsekr. I would like to add one additional thought here. When you get into the person face and yell.....I sense that can also be a strong confrontation......that you are very direct in your approach...not necessarily that you are physically yelling but that your demeanor can be confrontational.

In my case I have a tendency to be so honest that people can be offended, even when I am trying to be gentle. That is what Desiree means here I think. I tend to be a person that stands up for Justice. I can't stand to see people taken advantage of and sometimes I get a little opinionated about it. I pray this helps you.

Love in Christ,

Connie

praying praying praying

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snikwhite on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:29 am

Connie, I think you might have hit the nail on the head. I do not normally yell, nor am I quick to anger, but people sometimes mistake my honesty for confrontation. I do have strong opinions and a strong will and I know that this is a part of me that God is cutting.

However, I feel there is a significance to the youth being involved. I will continue to pray on this...I think it goes a little deeper than just my own reactions.

snikwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:44 am

I agree - righteous anger is needed and can be forceful. But this was a YOUTH, a person who may or may not have known how to correctly handle a situation. IF this were a real life scenario, would the youth be wounded and embarrassed beyond relational repair? I do not know the youth or the situation, perhaps this is the best way to bring peace to the entire scenario IRL. I recognize peace cannot happen without truth, but truth must be coupled with love and grace. I beleive the Spirit will give wisdom to know just how much force is needed when you encounter this real life situation!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:51 am

I just wanted to clarify in saying "perhaps this is the best way to bring peace to the entire scenario" I meant your dream, the way things were handled in the dream" are the best way. And I still beleive the Spirit will give you wisdom and discernment!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snikwhite on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:40 am

Had some revelation...our youth have been going through quite an attack recently...it could be my righteous indignation is not at the child but at the spirit that has come in their midst. That what I am "getting in the face of" is the forces that would try to bring division and dissention. The mirror (perhaps) telling me to look past the surface and look deeper?

snikwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:50 am

Thank you God for the revelation you have given snikwhite! Thank you for the leadership she provides for her youth. Thank you for placing her in the watchtower position over her youth. Please give her wisdom and discernment as she confronts this foul spirit that has come into Your territory. Be with the youth that they will not be lead astray during this time, nor feeding into the division or dissention. Thank you for the healing that you will be bringing to this tender group. In Jesus all powerful name, AMEN!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:28 pm

Snikwhite -

I'm not a dream interpreter but your response regarding the youth in your church being under attack is reflective of what stirred my spirit regarding your dream, that:

"People are filling their plates and the children are on the sidelines being ignored while the adults eat. "

Does your church have a youth ministry? What is it's state regarding resources (staff, $$, etc.) to make the ministry a strong ministry where the children are being fed spiritually? Is it a new ministry? Or does it get overlooked in favor of other ministries?

Judging from some of the other comments, you may have addressed this before, so my apologies if I'm coming into this topic late...

I will pray for a hedge of protection around the youth in your church and continued wisdom and revelation for you.

Blessings to you!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snikwhite on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:45 am

We have a youth ministry, but I believe it is time to amp it up...the image of the adults filling their plates does offer confirmation, our pastor has recently called the adults of the church to action, that it isn't about us staying fat and full, but its time for us to take what we know OUT of the walls of our church...the youth in our church AND community need us!

Thank you all for your prayers and your thoughts on this dream. I know what God is speaking and I will be in prayer for the youth of my church, but also for the leaders in my church as we step outside of ourselves to reach the lost that NEED to be fed!

Bless you all!!!
Sandy

snikwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:12 am

God bless and glad we could help. Let me know how it is going while I can continue to pray.

God Bless,

Connie praying praying praying

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:11 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top