Dream Repost - "My Husband"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream Repost - "My Husband"

Post by Virtuous on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:39 am

Another dream has been puzzling me. I dreamed that I was in the church yard. Some of the members were there as well, including my Pastor. I'm not sure what we were doing; but none the less, we were there. (IRL: This is actually my church and my Pastor.) I was standing like in a line with other members. My Pastor came to me and said, "Sister "?" (insert my name), God told me to tell you that your baby's daddy is your husband." I started crying and running around the yard yelling, "God, I don't want to marry "?" (insert children's father's name). I don't want to marry "?". You know what he did to me. I don't want to marry him!" That was the end of the dream.

This dream occurred in 2005. I have since had another child. My other kids (3) have the same father. My last child has a separate father but we're no longer together. I am totally confused now because I desire to be married but have learned and accepted that I have to wait on the husband God has chosen for me. But I can't get this dream out of my mind.

****Side note dded - I DO NOT DESIRE TO HAVE ANY MORE CHILDREN. MY TUBES ARE NOT TIED, BUT I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE CHILDREN...REALLY I DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream Repost - "My Husband"

Post by HisLightbeam on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:44 am

Shh...I don't blame you. But they are a gift, and are quite sweet. But it is hard being a single mom. Some folk don't understand that sometimes, especially when the finances are not there, familial support is not an everyday thing, and being mom and daddy is a juggling act. But God the Father is Mighty, right? I don't really have comment on this dream, except that maybe God knows that right now, you would not accept His choice for you if He told you straight up who it was. We come with preconceived notions on how it will be, forgetting that God is the Great Creator, and that the Holy Spirit is the catalyst of the change that we need to be anointed for each assignment in life, including marriage. Each assignment has a lievel of anointing attached to it for that season.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:23 am

I don't really have comment on this dream, except that maybe God knows that right now, you would not accept His choice for you if He told you straight up who it was.

Maybe you're right! I never thought about it that way.

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:28 am

I don't have an interpretation either, but I want to share a story with you about a lady in my church years ago...I will NEVER forget this. We had a minister come into the church and he was giving prophetic words to selected people. He stood her up and told her that God was getting ready to send her a new husband. She had just been divorced and desired to be married again. Well to make a long story short, her new husband was her old husband...he was a NEW man. The issues he had, God was able to deliver him from.

She told me that she never wanted him...even when he approached her in his new state of mind because she remembered him as the old person. God changed him...actually customized him for her and they eventually remarried and they are STILL married. Actually, they were only married 4 years the first time...it's been 11 years this time around and still going strong. A lot of times we get involved with people in the WRONG season...they are the right person, just the wrong timing.

IF this guy is going to be your husband, then believe me, God will change your heart towards him AND he will NOT be the same person you remember.

As far as the children...GURRRL...let go of that whole idea of NOT wanting them because if God wants you to have another one (especially if those tubes aren't tied) he's awesome enough to give you the desire again...not force you...but change your heart. I'm 42 years old with a son entering into his second year of college and I thought I was done, but I have a sensing that I will be "baring down" again. :haha: Lord have mercy on MEEEEEE!!!! :uhoh:

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:29 am

By the way...I'm not saying that this guy is going to be your husband...I just wanted to share the story just in case he was... hee hee

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:35 am

ahahhah, Cholette, Cholette! You are a trip, and a blessed trip too. Everything you are saying is so true! God is good.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:54 am

I've always said God HIMSELF would have to come down and tell me that he's (my oldest 3 kids father), my husband and even then I'm going to ask, "God, are you sure?" I've NEVER had the desire to marry him even though we lived together for eight years. The thought of marriage never crossed my mind. He's married now. Well, he and his wife are separated (he goes back to her every now and again). They were married about 2 months before they separated. I cried the first couple of days after they got married because I know he's not totally a bad person and he is a GREAT provider. I thought maybe I should've given him another chance. His mother told me she honestly believes that he married her because I had a baby; although we had been broke up for almost 5 years when I got pregnant. She told me when it was his turn to say his vows, he hesitated for a while and started crying. She said she believes he was thinking about me. Sometimes I wish we could be together but to be honest it's basically because I don't want to have a husband and two baby daddies...you feel me? But I have thought of marrying my last child's father. I thought about that when we first started conversating...I thought he could be the one. Then after I had my son, I thought about the dream and really felt like he and I should be husband and wife. Everything is so out of order.

Things wasn't suppose to happen this way. While I was pregnant with my 3rd child, I knew me and their father wasn't going to make it. I was going to get my tubes tied after giving birth and I thought about it for a long time. After realizing we wasn't going to make it, I said I wasn't going to have them tied because I wanted to get married and if my husband wanted a child, I wanted to be able to give him one. A few years later, I FINALLY (so I thought) had made my mind up to not fornicate. This went on for nine months...no sex. That's when I met my last son's father (well we begin to talk in January, slept together in April, and found out I was pregnant in May). After all that time of living for Christ and trying to live holy and pure, vowing to wait on my husband and not be sexually active...here comes the month of April and I slip up like a foolish woman. There I was...KNOCKED UP! I can kick myself to this day for that! Boy, is everything so out of order. I messed up big time and yet I still have it in my mind everytime I think about this dream that my last child's father is my husband. Yall, this man has gone on with his life. He's been gone on with his life...shortly after our son was born. And my foolish behind is still holding on (in my heart that is because I would never tell him how I feel about him and us being together) to wanting to marry him. I guess that's why I'm missing something very important in this dream. Maybe I want to see something in it that's not actually there.

Like...how is the word baby spelled in the dream when she said, "God told me to tell you that your baby's (one baby) or babies (more than one baby) father is your husband." The spelling makes a difference.

I had said I was going to get my tubes tied after my last son, who is two now, but something just told me not to. Cholette, I can understand what you're saying. But I really DON'T want any more kids. I really don't.

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Virtuous, I want to add something to all of the comments here. You said, that this man is currently married. I do not care if he has left her and gone back, or how many times it has been on and off...I do not believe that God is going to tell you that someone else's husband is to be your husband. That's a covenant relationship and God would not mess with it. That would go against God's word. Now, if the man was divorced and you got this dream, it might be another story. Right now....I believe this dream would have to mean something else, altough I have no interpretation for you at this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Awwwww...girl!!!!! You have gone through the storm and the rain!!!! crying

I HONESTLY understand how you feel regarding not wanting more children since you already have four.
My heart goes out to you!! I do hear a little condemnation in your description on some of the choices you made. I want to encourage you by saying that NOTHING you have done surprises God. Yes, we may make choices that may not be the best for our lives, but it doesn't change the plans that God has for us. I think it's an honor that God could trust you with four beautiful children...no matter how the condition was when they came into this world. I don't believe God can trust me with four children because my nerves would be bad and I would have NO HAIR...LOL! Rest assure that you are fine with God and in my opinion, there are no mistakes in God because he knows how to turn a situation around to make it look like it was a part of his plan in the first place. He loves you girl and I believe that he is going to line up the best possible man to take care of you and the children. He sees the heart of a person and he is in your tomorrows. What doesn't make logical sense now will end up being the best possible solution for you. huggins huggins huggins

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:39 pm

Sandra, I really don't believe he's my husband. But to clarify something (I'm not sure if it means anything or not), he wasn't married when I had this dream. I had the dream in 2005. He got married in 2007. That's another reason I began to think that the dream has to mean something else...because he ACTUALLY got married...IS married.

I don't know. Maybe I should just let it go. I only get aggravated when it doesn't get revealed or maybe it's not what my heart is set on. I don't know. I'm going to try to forget about what I think it is and let it go and try not to let go of the dream of being married...regardless of who it is. He's the one who gave me the dream and He's the one whose going to have to bring it to pass. I can think what I want but the ultimate manifestation of the dream is going to have to come from God and I'm just going to have to learn to trust Him with this one. If not, I'm going to run myself crazy!

Thank you, ladies for all of your input. It's caused me to think and re-think some things and basically they are all referring back to me. Maybe I have some type of unintentional motives for wanting to know? I think I better just leave it alone?

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:49 pm

Yes, Cholette. There is condemnation there and I've been told that time and time again but it's so hard for me to forgive myself about this one. I've forgiven myself for doing a lot of things, but I can't seem to pull this one off. I REALLY disappointed myself with this. I wanted everything to be special with me and my husband...especially with the having a child aspect. Things just wasn't suppose to happen that way.

When I told my Pastor I was pregnant, I told her I wanted to be the one to tell the Praise team that I had to step down from leadership and why. "There is therefore now, no condemnation in Christ Jesus", was the first thing the lead Praise leader said to me. Those were the first words I heard after I told them. And I'm still hearing those words along with, "Forgive yourself".

Yall just don't know how important it was to me to make it through concerning this. I finally saw myself special enough to save myself for the right man. I saw myself special enough to see myself special enough for the best...you know? I saw myself as that Virtuous woman of God who took pride in herself and the things of God. I was soooooo happy for me. It hurt me to my heart when I found out I was pregnant. I knew I had messed up. I just knew it and I haven't been the same since. Things just haven't been the same since.

I'm tired of keeping it bottled all in because it hurts soooo bad crying crying crying crying crying crying . I just messed up my life and I don't know how to allow God to put me back together again. I know He wants to because I can feel Him tugging on me but...I don't know...I just don't know...

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:04 pm

He's already putting it together for you girl. You may not feel it, but he is. The Bible says that his ways are higher than our ways. Think of all of the things in the Bible that were nothing, but became something. Paul...the writer of the epistles was a marter of the church, but God made him into something. Mary Magdalene was a prostitute, but she was the one that blessed Jesus by pouring her best perfume over him and washed his feet with her hair. YOU are what God is looking for. He's not looking for anyone perfect...He's looking for someone who has the right heart. I can tell you want God...I can tell you want his best...guess what, you are going to get it and be able to testify of his goodness.

There is much ministry in you. You an I conversed backwards and forwards one day in PM's...you ministered to me about my music ministry...I would have NEVER known that you felt this way because of all of the Word that was coming from you. Sit back and enter into the "rest" of God. Just tell God YES!!! and he will. You don't have to do anything...Just rest and let him take it over. Carrie Underwood sings a song "Jesus Take the Wheel"...girl...let Him drive you beause that's what he desires to do anyway.

YOUR LIFE IS NOT MESSED UP...YOU JUST ENHANCED IT A LITTLE. The way you wanted your life was the way YOU wanted it to go...you should know by now that "thangs" don't normally work like that. Rise up o woman of God...hold your head up and walk forward for the Lord your God is with you and He calls you beautiful, anointed and worthy to be used for HIS GLORY!!!!! :clap:

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Virtuous, I am so sorry! I didn't even catch the timing of the whole thing. Oops!!!! My bad! duh

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Cholette,
Thank you, girrrrrl! I've always had to be the strong one and there are times when I know I need strength and encouragement (during those times it is a struggle to encourage myself) but I seem to keep it stored up on the inside. My mother gets on to me about this all the time because I'm so good at covering up my feelings especially when there's pain involved. I needed to hear that. I think I'm just going to let go of my pursuit of the interpretation and meaning of the dream - CERTAINLY NOT THE DREAM - and believe in due season, I will have the answers.

After reading HisLightbeam's post, I think I may have God's hands tied when it comes to my husband. Because I so strongly want, desire, and have hope in it being my son's father, I may be prolonging the manifestation of the dream. Just as HisLightbeam said, I may not be ready to receive who he really is because I'm so consumed in who I want him to be. I think I better just ask God to help me to let go of my will in the area of my husband so He can do His Will.

Last edited by Virtuous on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:52 pm

By the way,
Last year I attended a Valentine's Ball for married couples as a server. The speaker did an altar call for everybody including those who were unmarried but seeking to be married. I prayed before I went to the altar. I told God about my son's father and how I felt about him. I told God I wanted him to confirm or correct if he is my husband or not so I could attempt to move on with my life. After the speaker spoke into my life and right as he turned to walk away; he turned back to me and whispered in my ear, "No. He has not come yet."

Now tell me how awkward and backwards that is. I told him to confirm or correct and He said, "No. He has not come yet." If that's not a correction; I don't know what is. And I'm stiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllll trying to hold on. That's the problem. I'm still trying to hold on to someone God has said doesn't belong to me.

Sandra - Don't even mention it! thumbs

Just keep me in your prayers. All of you..

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:53 pm

crying That last part was a beautiful love letter. Short and to the point. "No, He has not yet come." In other words, I, the Lord, know your fears, frustrations, and everything that makes a doubt sandwich. Trust Me, you haven't missed him and you haven't missed Me. Beautiful.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:05 am

That last part was a beautiful love letter. Short and to the point. "No, He has not yet come." In other words, I, the Lord, know your fears, frustrations, and everything that makes a doubt sandwich. Trust Me, you haven't missed him and you haven't missed Me. Beautiful.

Oh my goodness, HisLightbeam...I never thought of it like that!

To be honest, I started crying after He said that. I think I was more disappointed in Him telling me it wasn't him than I was that He actually answered. bandaid

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:56 am

Hello Virtuous!

Okay...I'm not looking at all the other responses, just your post, as I don't want to be influenced by anything else said here. The first thing that comes up in my heart to tell you about this dream is that every dream must be judged by the standard of the Word of God. Here is the scripture that comes up in my heart: 2 Corinthians 6:14, "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" Based on this scripture I guess the first question I would ask is "is your children's faither (the one referenced in the dream) a believer, and is he spiritually developed to your level?" If the answer is "yes", then I would take a very serious look at this dream as a Word from God to you about this man being your husband.

If the answer is "no" then either the dream has a different meaning or needs to be set aside until and unless something changes with this man. If he's not a believer a time may come when the Lord asks you to intercede for him, or it could be that God is calling someone else to intercede. I know that God knows the end from the beginning, and "calls things that be not as though they were." God looks on someone's potential, and not where they are right now. He sees the best in us, and believes that we can achieve it. However, what He is not saying is to marry and unbeliever in hopes that He will change. That would go against His word.

Another thing I would note on this dream is that dreams regarding our future are what I call "prophetic potential". What I mean by that is that this is what God would like to do, but we (1) have to receive it (2) have to follow God's leading and take whatever steps are necessary to get there (be obedient). If these two things are not in place, then chances are the potential will never be reached!

If you've been praying about your husband and you delight yourself in the Lord, He has promised to "give you the desires of your heart." Is this man a "desire" in your heart? (Psalms 37:4, "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.") In the dream, you did not receive the word your pastor gave you very well. It seemed sort of devastating to you. If this is how you feel about this in your waking life, which it appears to be by the dream, I would say that if the man is a believer and you cannot rule him out as "the one", then begin to delight yourself in the Lord and pray in the Spirit about this. If this is indeed, the will of God, and His leading concerning your future husband, as you pray and delight yourself in the Lord, He will plant that desire in your heart. Sometimes we have to start with a willingness to "be willing". Does that make sense? God plants His desires for us in our hearts so that He can give us those desires and bring them to pass. God wants your will to be the same as His will, and He will literally place that "will" within you if you will delight yourself in Him. You might just start out by saying, "Lord, I'm willing to be willing." This scripture comes to mind: Isaiah 1:19, "If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:"

In summary, what I feel about this dream is to "test the spirits" on it. Try it against the Word of God. If the man is a believer then I would take this before the Lord and let Him plant this desire in your heart. Start by be willing to be willing. God will honor it! Ask Him to show you how He sees this man because He is definitely seeing something that you are not! If you stay on the Word of God, and let it be your guide, you cannot go wrong. I hope this ministers to your heart. Please pray on what I've said.

Love in Jesus, huggins

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by delight68 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:04 am

Hi Im fairly new here. I would first like to ask what do you think it meant when you said, "you know what he did to me". I was wondering since the dream took place in the church yard, that this might be an evangelistic ministry or outreach of some sort. But I could be totalling wrong. Would like to know the answer to my previous question first if you feel you can answer.

God bless
Donna

delight68

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:10 am

Sandra,
He's not a believer (yet) but I know God has a "call" on his life. I know there is a work for him to do in the Kingdom of God. I don't know what it is...God hasn't revealed it to me. I pray for him ALL the time and I think he depends and lives on the fact that he knows I will ALWAYS pray for him. We were together for 8 years and I do love him but I'm not in love with him. I don't think I've ever been in love with him. I care very much about him, and what happens to him in his life. When he hurt...I hurt but it has nothing to do with being in love with him. I've thought about marrying him a couple of times but it was only because I absolutely want my kids to have their father (fathers) in their lives...at least one of them anyway. But as far as having a desire to marry him because I feel I can spend the rest of my life with him due to the fact that I'm in love with him...no.
I know that God knows the end from the beginning, and "calls things that be not as though they were."
We talked about this last night in Bible Study! I know God does this and we have the ability to speak that as well as it lines up with God's word.
Sometimes we have to start with a willingness to "be willing".
I am willing to have the willingness to "be willing" because I honestly want what God has for me. I want "His Perfect Will" for my life.

Thank you so much for responding to this. Do you think the birth of my last child (came along after this dream) could have been a prolonging factor of this dream manifesting?

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:12 am

delight68,
The relationship we had was not all peaches and cream. He was verbally abusive at times. He would hit me at times. He was not faithful!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:21 am

V, I really don't think your last child being born was in any way a prolonging of the manifestation of the dream. God is so awesome! He factors in all of the details! I just think that God shows us things way ahead of time because He knows our hearts have to be prepared, and prayer has to go forth, and changes have to be made. I believe the reason the dream has not manifested is that it's not "time". The scripture is specific that "when the fruit is brought forth, immediately He putteth in the sickle because the harvest has come." (Mark 4:26-29, "And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; 27 And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. 28 For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear. 29 But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.") When the clouds are full of rain, it rains! (Ecclesiastes 11:3, "If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be.") In other words, there is an appointed time and season of manifestation and harvest. There is seed, time and harvest! Make sense? (Genesis 8:22, "While the earth remaineth, seed time and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.")

Since the man is not a believer, there are many things that will have to change and take place before he could even be husband material for you according to the scripture that says not to be unequally yoked. I believe these are the things that must happen before the dream can manifest. BTW, I believe your pastor in the dream is a symbol for Jesus. He is called the "Bishop (or pastor) of our souls." (1 Peter 2:25, "For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.")

Love in Jesus,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:26 am

Since the man is not a believer, there are many things that will have to change and take place before he could even be husband material for you according to the scripture that says not to be unequally yoked.

Even if I wanted to marry him, I wouldn't go through with it for this reason!

Sandra, thank you so much. I am very encouraged by this AND what you brought out in my "Unity Cloth" dream!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:28 am

Sooooo welcome, V! Flower Power

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:54 am

delight68,
Please share what you are feeling!

Virtuous