Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dreamer

WHY IS GOD QUITE

When ever I pray to God for revelation or for answers to my prayers, God gives me answer on what to do or just stand still and watch to salvation of the Lord, but lately he has been QUITE, I am asking God for some answers and directions, on what to do, sometimes I know prayers are not answered, because of living in sinful life, Etc>>>>>>or a person does not have any patience, an they make decisions on there own, because God is quited, I had to check my self, thinking I might have done somethng wrong, In recent problems I found that God has answered at the last minute. But I continue to pray until God gives me the answer before I just do what I want to do, I even tried looking in the bible for some answers, Please help WHY IS GOD QUITE, in this season in my life, I know it is something he wants me to learn BUT WHAT, I love God and I want what God wants for my life, so I want make a mess of things.

Dreamer crying

There is a song by Jason Upton that goes like this:
In the silence, He is speaking.
Speaking all there is that you desire,
and its burning....burning deeply,
burning all there is that He desires to be silent....In me."

Sometimes, His silence can speak louder than anything He could say. Look inward and quiet yourself, for in the silence, He is speaking.

I'm reminded of a story in the old testament of Elijah (I think that's who it was) I'm paraphrasing the story because its foggy in my brain, but he was looking for God to answer him as well. He went to this mountain and he waited for God to speak and the rains came, but there was no answer. The winds came, but there was no answer. The thunder came, but there was no answer BUT then a still small voice came and he received his answer. What I got out of that story was that we look for God to speak in the way WE want him to speak, but HE will sometimes come with our answer in a different way.

Have there been any scriptures that have come to your mind lately? Has there been someone in your life that has given you some wisdom, but you are not listening? If not, then he's going to come another way.

I may be in the minority when I make this next comment, but I don't think God gets quiet when we have sin in our life because he's ALWAYS present and NEVER LEAVES us. I think it's the condemnation that we allow ourselves to live because of the sin we committed that keeps us from hearing Him. He longs for us to commune with him and our sins have already been forgiven and we are already justified through CHRIST!!!

Blessings to you flower

Zechariah and Elizabeth were righteous in God eyes, careful to obey all of the Lord's commandments and regulations, they wanted a child, they did not believe because Elizabeth was of old age, until the angel Gabriel to came to bring good news, so there was no condemnation from hearing God, or sins that we committed that keep us from hearing him, But since Zechariah didn't BELIEVE what he said, he was not able to SPEAK until the child was born, and God word will certainly be fulfilled at the PROPER TIME . God let me know, he heard my prayers and, because I have not heard from God, my prayers will be fulfilled at the proper time.

And the comment you made about you do not think God is quite when we have sin in our life because he Always present and Never leaves us.

God HATES SIN, and he punishes it without mercy and when men continue in it. We see how much God hates sin in the past. God does not stick around when men continue in sin, God sometimes distance himself from us, sometimes he is quite, God say his SPIRT does not always dwell with man, so that leaves me to believe God can do what ever he please at any given time

Genesis 19 Sodom and Gomorrah, -God destroyed the city
Genesis 6 The Flood- God destroyed all mankind along with creatures
Genesis3:15-19 Garden of Eden- The Serpent-condemned to destruction

I thank God for his mercy and grace because he gave his only son the die for our sins, so that our sins are forgiven. Sometimes man takes God Long Suffering for Weakness

God hates sin so much LOOK what he has done to redeem us from it, he gave his only son Jesus.

Amen

Dreamer 👏

Dreamer,

We are all sinners to the Lord! Not one of us is worthy.....We all fall short....Grace is abound thank you Jesus!

Sometimes He speaks the loudest in the quiet moments.....seek Him in the word and you will find Him.

He will never leave you or forsake you....God bless and keep you,

Connie huggins

Praise God Dreamer. The scriptures you listed are before the new covenant. Yes, God hates sin, but he doesn't punish US (His Children who are called by HIS name) the same as in the old testament. If He did, Jesus wouldn't have needed to take all of the punishment for us like he did.

My Honest prayer and the purpose for responding to your post was to let you know that I am in agreement with you, along with the others, that you hear God in this season of your life so that you move to the place you desire.

Blessings and Direction to you... huggins

I can concur with what's been said: Just because you're in sin does not mean that God doesn't speak to you--infact He could be speaking to you to get out of that sin and draw nigh to him!!! God is in the "still small voice" but as I've said before, He can speak through so many other avenues: other people, people in authoritative positions, throught his word, through circumstances/trials, through a rhema word ( personal spoken word), through dreams and visions, through common sense, an inner knowing in your spirit, by wisdom, and having peace (Isaiah 26:3). God is not the author of confusion, so if you're confused--make sure that you're hearing from God correctly because he will bring peace to your situation. As someone once told me, "get in a quiet place with God" to hear his voice. He will talk to you. Just be open to him speaking any way he desires to (through television, through signs/wonders, through confirmations, common sense,etc)
Always be ready and willing to obey God because that builds the relationship. The closer you are to God the more things He will reveal and the more you'll be able to hear from him clearly. "He turns his face from those who do evil" but he hears the prayers of the righteous and answers quickly (paraphrase) (Psalms 34:14-17) Hope this helps
smooches
Desiree

Job's Defense
I'm Completely in the Dark
1-7 Job replied: <
>"I'm not letting up—I'm standing my ground.
My complaint is legitimate.
God has no right to treat me like this—
it isn't fair!
If I knew where on earth to find him,
I'd go straight to him.
I'd lay my case before him face-to-face,
give him all my arguments firsthand.
I'd find out exactly what he's thinking,
discover what's going on in his head.
Do you think he'd dismiss me or bully me?
No, he'd take me seriously.
He'd see a straight-living man standing before him;
my Judge would acquit me for good of all charges.

8-9 "I travel East looking for him—I find no one;
then West, but not a trace;
I go North, but he's hidden his tracks;
then South, but not even a glimpse.

10-12 "But he knows where I am and what I've done.
He can cross-examine me all he wants, and I'll pass the test
with honors.
I've followed him closely, my feet in his footprints,
not once swerving from his way.
I've obeyed every word he's spoken,
and not just obeyed his advice—I've treasured it.

13-17 "But he is singular and sovereign. Who can argue with him?
He does what he wants, when he wants to.
He'll complete in detail what he's decided about me,
and whatever else he determines to do.
Is it any wonder that I dread meeting him?
Whenever I think about it, I get scared all over again.
God makes my heart sink!
God Almighty gives me the shudders!
I'm completely in the dark,
I can't see my hand in front of my face."
unaday*

Dreamer: I have just come out of a time of God being "quiet". He wasn't quiet in all areas, but when it came to making MAJOR DECISIONS (job changes, schedule changes, tragedy, etc.) He seemed to be. I still had His peace, in doing my quiet times and bible studies, the Spirit still stirred me and convicted me, but when I specifically said, God, I need Your answer for this problem or this change, I got what seemed like nothing. Now that I am out of that stage - or at least I think I am - I can SO clearly see that this was a stage of growing my faith. Was I willing to take the time to sink my teeth into scripture, use my pastors as sounding boards/counseling and make a Godly decision, even when I didn't get the "close to God feeling?" so that I knew I'd done the right thing. I yearned so much to see God in a pillar of fire like the Isrealites did. Yet, I have so much more FAITH now. And I know my scripture a whole lot better too! In hindsight, I also believe that God was still being God: had of I gotten way off track, He would have spoken. See if this isn't a testing of your faith and will you still follow even if He's only whispering? Will you continue to pray, even if buy the enemies lie that "Maybe God's not listening today." They are lies. They are based on feelings. You FEEL that God is quiet. Learn to look for other ways that He speaks: wise chrisitan counsel, scripture, themes, nature, etc. None the less, it can be discouraging to fight the enemy all the time. Use the sword of truth and rpeat your scripture back: God is in your corner! Sending encouragement your way!

Thank You SOOOO much I needed to hear this message, You know I just got back on this site because you know I was in the storm Ike and boy things are a mess and my lights are off but I am Ok, God is GOOD, I really understand because that is the way I was feeling, I am going to print this out so that I can encourage others when people are feeling this way, and also keep a copy in my journal. God Bless you and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, and Many Blessing To You. Amen

Dreamer :PTL:

Dreamer,

I will be praying for you while you are going through the aftermath of the storm. I am praising God you are safe. We all love you and can't wait for you to return.

Love in Christ,

Connie kiss

Thank You Connie

Connie one thing for sure, I thank God for Lights and Water, and Food

Oh Ya, I donot want any more BARQUE until the 4th of July 2009 LOL
and I donot want to stay in line for gas for 2hrs

BUT THANK GOD AMEN
DREAMER

tornado

I don't blame you, but if you have to you can go with the full confidence that God is going before you and will protect you..

Amen and Amen!!

Connie :giggle: