“see” the whole thing even though it was almost 11 months ago. I was driving a
semitrailer, and going very fast. I knew I was “with” a person driving a semi
in front of me and one behind me. We were all going to the same destination,
but I didn’t know where it was. Although
we were going fast I thought it was fun. I even said, “ This is great, this is
fun!”

As I saw the semi in front of me (a little way ahead), as it
hit bumps and ripples in the road it would bounce around and up and down
swerving side to side but it stayed under control. As I saw this, I thought I need to slow just
a bit when I get to those bumps so I don’t get into trouble and as I got there
I went through the rough road with no problems.
I could see the road as a major highway with bridges that rose high and
curving. There wasn’t anyone else on the
road.

I somehow could see way ahead and the road was made of wood
with a huge hole that was substantial. I could see the details and down into
the hole but I wasn’t even there yet. As
I approached I wasn’t at all afraid, I said to myself – hummm I’m going to keep
going just as fast and we’ll see if I make it over. And I did without any
effect.

I came to a small town and somehow I drove inside a building
(some kind of warehouse or distribution center) and knew suddenly I had driven onto
the 2nd floor. I was out of my semi and walked over to a lady who
was behind a large elevated counter (about 8-10 feet higher). She seemed to be directing things and giving
orders. I walked up to the right side of
the counter and asked her, “How do I get my semi back down on the street so I
can be on my way?” She looked directly
at me and said, “Are you- said my full name?” I was so surprised she knew my
name! I said, yes. She said “There’s
nothing to worry about, it’s all been taken care of. There will be a brand new
semi for you that will pull up in front of the building.” I said, Brand new? For me? Is it an
automatic, because I don’t know how to shift 19 gears. (I might have said 11
gears) I don’t know if she answered me
or not, she may have said “Don’t worry about that”. I just knew that I needed to go downstairs
and it would pull up. I woke up.

For some reason I vaguely remember the semi would be pink.
In the spirit I was okay with that, in the natural…yuck.

vdwoodruff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: driving a semi

Post by Christa on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:17 pm

What a funny dream! As I read it I kept invisioning that movie "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" starring Pee Wee Herman. Some of the craziness in that movie took part in a semi truck....remember Large Marg? Funny.

My opinion of your dream: The semi represented you. The road ahead means the future. The road behind means the past. I think that you pay attention to what other people on the road ahead of you have done in their past and in turn have learned from their mistakes (you slowed down because you saw the semi in front of you swerving, etc.). You're able to graze through problems and feelings with ease because you step in someone else's tracks to make sure the ground is stable before you tread it.

I think that the wooded road with the hole in it represented a trial that you were to go through (you may have already gone through it because it's been 11 months), but you analyzed the situation and figured out a plan that should work to get over that hurdle. You decided to go just as fast and it worked! The song by Tim McGraw comes to mind, it goes, "If you're going through hell, keep on moving, don't slow down, if you're scared don't show it, you might get out before the devil even knows your there." I'm not too much of a Tim McGraw fan, but I love that song because it's SO true!

With the new semi...I think it represents you "changing gears." God's going to equip you with everything you need (vehicles represent your body....you) in order to do what He wants you to do for Him. In our lives, it's important to find our purposes...what God sent us here for. I believe that God is going to equip you (or already has) for the new road ahead. Maybe that road is steep and requires more gears (19 instead of 11 or whatever). Something is in the works. There is always a newness when it comes to any kind of change, because the old way dies off to make way for the new way. If you haven't already, ask God to give you clarity on what your purpose in life is. God bless you, thank you for posting your dream!

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vdwoodruff on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:11 am

Mia, thank you. Shortly after that dream I lost my job due to "realignment" along with everyone else in the entire department. You've shown a different light on the new semi and the gears. Very enlightening, thank you so much. I'm still "waiting on the curb" - still looking for a job, but now considering starting my own business. That would certainly require more gears.
Thanks so much! Vicky

vdwoodruff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christa on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:44 pm

Glad to have helped. I'm Christa btw.... :) Mia is the wonderful lady who's website this forum this belongs to. Thank you for posting your dream. I think it's good practice to help others with dreams, so that I can figure out my own strange little dream world. duh God bless you, and remember to keep your eyes on the prize! You won't be waiting on that curb for long (sometimes when we get overheated, we need to pull over and let the car cool down per se....). Take care and post as many dreams as you like....we're all here to help each other!

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:21 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top