One person in the form of another?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One person in the form of another?

Post by celestial.butterfly on Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:56 am

A guy who was affectionate with me in my dream was in the physical form of my daughter's father, but the personality was another guy that I used to date. Has anyone else experienced something like this before? I welcome your responses.

celestial.butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: One person in the form of another?

Post by Cholette on Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:48 pm

Yes, I have experienced this and within the context of my dream it meant that the individual had kindred spirits...which meant same spirit, different person.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:04 pm

I agree with Cholette...I've had dreams where someone I know appeared in my dream as opposite of what they look like in real life and in that case the Lord was showing me that the person was not who they were portraying themselves to be in real life, they were pretending to be someone that they're not, being fake...in this dream, however, you have one distinct personality (versus just traits) that you recognize in the body of someone else that you recognize...that's kindred spirits...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celestial.butterfly on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:54 pm

Hum, "kindred spirits"? This is new to me. This is the second dream that I've had like this. The last time it was the very same guy that I previously dated, but physically he was in the form of his friend (whom I know nothing about).

Are kindred spirits a good or bad thing? Does it depend on the feelings I had?

I was unable to remember the full context of the dream. The only thing that I remember is that after we finished whatever we were doing, he gave me attention and showed me affection, regardless of the other people that were around. I felt good- very good and happy.

In the previous dream, we comforted each other after pouring out our feelings to each other.

Could this not mean anything? IDK

celestial.butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:16 pm

Did you like the personality of the guy you used to date? It seems like you were happy with the physical part of it because it was your daughter's father. Could it be that his personality or the way he "will" treat you will be something you will like? That's only if the personality was pleasing to you.

I'm not sure of the history between the father of your daughter and yourself, but maybe there is going to be a change of behavior? Not sure... Scratch Chin

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celestial.butterfly on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:08 pm

My daughter's father and I have not spoken since 2004 (that was through email and it was an argument) and we last spoke verbally in 2003 in which we were arguing. He has never been in my daughter's life. At first I begged and begged for him to be in her life and I convinced myself that I loved him. I did all of that because I had his child and i wanted my daughter to know her father. I played myself. Okay, so i've sinced moved on and healed for many years now.

The guy that I previously dated...

I still have feelings for him and honestly, I still desire to be with him in a relationship (how embarrassing).

Get this... He is also the guy that was in two of my spiritual visions and he was recently in a dream of mine.

I was thinking about your post and lola's and I came across another thought...

Could it be that my daughter's father is just that- her biological father (nothing else), but the guy that I previously dated will be her father?

That thought just came to me. I just don't want to get all excited and convince myself that this is so until I know the true meaning. The human part if me would love it if my thought were so. Lemme know what your spirit is getting. Thx.

celestial.butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:53 am

I think you should give the dream over to the Lord and allow him to reveal. It could be exactly what you said, but the thing is, you don't want to grab on to something and it's not it and be disappointed in the long run. This is one of those important life decisions that you need CLEAR and PERCISE direction in...especially since you have a child. You dont' want anyone in her life that is NOT supposed to be there.

There are times where dreams seem to mean something at first and then as life goes on and you grow in the things of God, it takes on a new meaning. Sit on this for awhile and God will either tell you what it means or give you piece by piece as He sees fit.

Blessings to you my sista!!!!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:07 pm

I think you should give the dream over to the Lord and allow him to reveal. It could be exactly what you said, but the thing is, you don't want to grab on to something and it's not it and be disappointed in the long run. This is one of those important life decisions that you need CLEAR and PERCISE direction in...especially since you have a child. You dont' want anyone in her life that is NOT supposed to be there.

There are times where dreams seem to mean something at first and then as life goes on and you grow in the things of God, it takes on a new meaning. Sit on this for awhile and God will either tell you what it means or give you piece by piece as He sees fit.

Please take heed to this. Don't make the same mistake I made...
I still have feelings for him and honestly, I still desire to be with him in a relationship (how embarrassing).
I just don't want to get all excited and convince myself that this is so until I know the true meaning. The human part if me would love it if my thought were so.

Make sure you're hearing from the Lord on this...Please make sure you're hearing from the Lord on this....I can't say it enough. You will save yourself a whole lot of disappointment, heart-ache and pain. Trust me...I KNOW!!!!!! bandaid

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celestial.butterfly on Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:14 pm

Thank you, ladies. I totally agree with you. I am definitely depending on God to guide me in this area. I have prayed about it and consulted with a pastor and I have left it with God.

My human side likes to get in the way. And sometimes, I can't stand being a human being and having desires because I just don't know if they line up with God's will. You know what I'm saying? It's so hard.

celestial.butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:29 pm

The one thing we know about desires is this...as long as we do what Psalm 37 says...Delight ourselves in the Lord and He will give us the desires of our heart....then we just need to trust that when we desire something, it is of God.

Most people (including myself, until recently) think that as long as we delight in the Lord, the things we want he will give it to us. I meditated on that scripture and I believe it means, that WHEN we delight ourselves in the Lord then HE will give us HIS desires. We can trust Him in that fact. I also believe that when we delight in Him, those things that are NOT of Him, He will take those things away as well.

Let's pray for each other... huggins

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:18 am

I have also meditated on Psalms 37 and I agree. I have come to realize the closer I get to God, the more my own desires change. Some of the things I use to desire...I no longer desire. Some things I never desired...I desire now (mostly spiritual things and the natural things in a different light). I honestly believe that since God is a man that shall not lie, neither the son of man that He should repent; He has to honor His word. And in that verse of scripture, I believe He is the one who gives us those desires; therefore, He is obligated to do it. That's why it states "Delight yourself in me"...what are you doing if you're delighting yourself in Him? That question just popped in my head...hmmm Scratch Chin

:book: ...be back in a little bit...

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:53 am

K...I'm back.

In Psalms 37, Delight is used as a verb. Okay. Delight means to give great pleasure, satisfaction, or enjoyment to; please highly. Okay. Delighting ourselves in the Lord means to give Him great pleasure...highly please Him...?? Am I saying this right? I know what I want to say; but I think I'm struggling to explain it in words...Help me out somebody. flower

I also looked at the word "shall". I once heard this little 5 letter word is actually a BIG word! If any of you work in law, specifically lawyers and those type fields that deal with agreements, wills, legal documents ect., you may be able to vouch that "shall" is a strong word. When "shall" is used before a verb "he shall give" it means..........drum roll please....

...something, such as an order, promise, requirement, or obligation. Something that is inevitable.

Woowhoooooooo happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance ,:thankyou: Jesus, praiseGod

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by virtuousdiamond on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Did you ever get the answer to your dream. I just had a similar dream. With a very similar situation. Please someone help!

virtuousdiamond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celestial.butterfly on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:42 pm

virtuousdiamond wrote:Did you ever get the answer to your dream. I just had a similar dream. With a very similar situation. Please someone help!

No, to this day I do not understand with this dream meant...

celestial.butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:35 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top