Intruders in the House

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Intruders in the House

Post by SheBelieves on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:46 am

I dreamed I was sitting in my bed with my daughter (not quite sure if it was my real-life daughter). We heard some noises downstairs, so I took my gun out of my bedside table. When the noises were getting closer I switched the safety off of my gun, and held it in my hands.

Two male intruders came into the bedroom. I pointed my gun and they laughed. I shot once and the bullet bounced off of the one who seemed to be in charge. I fired again and again, at both of them, and none of the shots hurt them. My gun was then out of ammo.

The main guy came over to attack me (rape?). I started hitting him in the head with the butt of the gun. He had gashes and blood pouring out, but nothing would stop him.

Finally, the police came, and unbelievably let them both go.

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Intruders in the House

Post by Christa on Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:56 pm

Oh my gosh, what a nightmare. Here are some of Mia's dream symbols:

Bedroom - Engagement, intimacy, private matter.

Bed or Couch - Contract, agreement, adultery,
temptation, or a bed.

Police officer - Holy Spirit, God, Authority, Police Officer

Unknown Man - can be a threat.

Gun - power, physical danger, protection, gun,
physical health threat.

Bullets - ammunition, lack of or supply of power, also see
being shot.

Mia also says, "Warning dreams are often misinterpreted. So often they are written off, rebuked, or chalked up to the devil, when that's the last thing that should happen. Job 33, above, tells us that God sends us dreams which are terrifying, dreams that get our attention, to prevent us from perishing. Some dreams that are scary are warning us that this will be the outcome IF we do not change our course of action - not that it absolutely will be the outcome. These warning dreams are meant to deter us from our current course of action for our benefit. For quite a while I had traumatizing dreams of things that would later play out identically in the newspaper and I just couldn't understand why I would see these things. I am embarrassed to admit it took a long time for me to realize that God wasn't showing them to me just to amuse me with the supernatural. If you have a dream of something devastating please assume that God is asking you to pray for yourself or someone else. The safest thing to do is to assume that the dream is a call to intercession and to pray. In the case of the call to intercession you probably won't get an interpretation before the reality. You will just be called to pray. Warning dreams are definitely for FERVENT PRAYER! If a dream calls for rug sucking prayer PLEASE DO! God gives us dreams of disaster, to intercede for ourselves and others, so that we will pray for intervention. If He is showing us something terrifying it is for a very good reason: Prayer."

I would suggest to pray and start interceding for you and your daughter (she was there with you through this whole thing). God bless you and protect you and your daughter from any hardship that may occur. May God also give you and your daughter complete peace and joy through any trial you may face. God bless.

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:55 pm

When I read your dream, I didn't think it was literal. Definitely, if you tend to dream literally then pray and intercede regarding it.

I saw the dream as more symbolic...I thought the intruders represented the enemy, e.g., problems/issues/people who make take advantage of you, etc. What made an impression on me is that you had protection (the gun), it was accessible (in the nightstand), but when it was time to use it, it was useless because the bullets weren't powerful enough to hurt the intruder.

In some of the dreams I've seen where guns are being used, the gun/bullets often represents words. In this case because you're taking a defensive stance, I believe the gun and the bullets are symbolic of the Word and the bullets are scriptures to be used in your battle with the enemy. The bible tells us in Acts 1:8 "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me[a] in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

Is there anything that you're encountering that you're handling in your own power instead of the power of the Holy Spirit? Are there people you are battling with in real life? Are you dealing with issues of trust/doubt/etc in relation to your faith? The home often represents our emotional/spirit state. It feels like something negative (depression, doubt, conflict, etc.) may have seeped into your subconscious (lower level) and is impacting you in a negative way. You're trying to fight it but haven't been successful.

If this is true, then pray for the Lord to help and guide you in this situation. The following scriptures is from 1 Peter and it came to mind:
5 .......clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,
"God opposes the proud
but gives grace to the humble."[a] 6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

8Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

10And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen."

Please pray on what's been said.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SheBelieves on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:16 pm

lola21st wrote:
Is there anything that you're encountering that you're handling in your own power instead of the power of the Holy Spirit? Are there people you are battling with in real life? Are you dealing with issues of trust/doubt/etc in relation to your faith? The home often represents our emotional/spirit state. It feels like something negative (depression, doubt, conflict, etc.) may have seeped into your subconscious (lower level) and is impacting you in a negative way. You're trying to fight it but haven't been successful.

If this is true, then pray for the Lord to help and guide you in this situation.

Yes, yes and yes!

I am doing all I know to do to NOT be doing it in my power alone, but still can't seem to get the victory.

I am battling with people in my business who use and abuse me, but have all the power to kill the deals. Any response from me to not be taken advantage of is greeted with the connotation that I am a real !itch, instead of just being thorough and watching out for my clients. (This is a very male-dominated field and I am constantly fighting off being treated as a dummie, the "little woman", or worse).

I pray over the deals (I am a business broker), confess the Word, ask God for His wisdom and do all I know to do, walking uprightly, and someone/something attacks and kills the deals. Lately, my stomach has been in knots; it is so out of my control.

My faith has been attacked because I have stood in faith, believing God would protect me and vindicate me and let at least one deal go through. Yet, they all have fallen out so far. It makes it hard to keep standing in faith - I am not sure what I can have faith in Him for when it pertains to my business.

Yes, I have been fighting despair and depression - deferred hope makes the heart sick. I actually feel like my warfare, my prayers are just shadow boxing.

I hope this makes sense.

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:03 am

SheBelieves, I wanted to give you some encouragement. First, I agree with everything that Lola said. Your dream seems to be one of frustration and feeling like you're being defeated at every turn. The scripture says that when the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will raise a standard against him. (Isaiah 59:19, "So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.") The enemy does not have the power to overcome you. However, when we are standing in faith, what he tries to do is weary us and wear us out. Our greatest weapon in times like this is PERSISTENCE/PATIENCE. You see, patience in the scriptural sense is just being persistently, consistently the same all the time and never being moved. This is a fruit of the Spirit according to Galatians 5:22 and the devil does not have this fruit. He tries to weary us and wear us down so that we will give up and throw down our faith. But the Word of God says, (Hebrews 10:35-36), "Cast not away therefore your confidence (or faith), which hath great recompence of reward. 36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise." It also says, "Having done ALL to stand, STAND". (Ephesians 6:13-14, "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;")

You are correct that the Word of God says that hope deferred makes the heart grow sick. Hope is born out of the Word of God, though. We are to "lay hold" on the hope that is set before us, which hope we have as an anchor to our souls (mind, will and emotions). So, when you feel your hope deferring, lay hold on some more hope. (Hebrews 6:18-19, "That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: 19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;") I know what I'm talking about. I have had to do this myself many, many times, and it has always worked. I know that it is easier said than done. But, God would not have told us to do it, if He wasn't going to back us with His power to do it. He said, "Be not weary in well doing." (Ga:6:9: And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 2Th:3:13: But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.)

As for what to stand on for your work, may I suggest a scripture? God has promised to bless the work of our hands. That is enough alone right there to see God come through for you on your business. (Deuteronomy 28:8, "The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.") Also, have you taken authority over the enemy and commanded him to take his hands off of your business and your life. The scripture says that when we resist him, he has to flee. If you have taken your stand, KNOW THAT HE MUST FLEE! (James 4:7: Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.)

The only weapon the enemy has to use against us is deception. He tries to tell us that what we are doing is not working. He throws negative circumstances our way to "test" the Word of God in our lives. He comes to steal that word (Mark 4), and he does it with the cares of this world, tribulation and distresses. He tries to wear us down so that we will give up. If we allow him to do it, then he will steal the Word of God from us, and it will not bring forth the promise. All of what you are dealing with is just lies of the enemy that have come to wear you down. The truth is that you are "more than a conqueror". (Romans 8:37, "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.") The truth is that you are well able to overcome and that God will always cause you to triumph. You can't lose for winning when you're in Jesus! (2 Corinthians 2:14, "Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.") The truth is the devil is defeated and you are the victor because Jesus has already defeated him. Truthfully, the only way you can fail is if you quit. God has made it to where it is our ball, and our bat, and we can play until we win. There is no such thing as losing in this game of life if you never quit. If it seems like it's not working, press into the Word of God even more. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. (Romans 10:17, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.") As you press into the Word faith will come. You will get stronger. If you feel like you are being whipped, press harder into the Word. The stronger the battle, the stronger the weapon you will need. The Word of God is our weapon. It's sharper than any two-edged sword, and will pierce through and cut through anything. The Word cannot fail. (Hebrews 4:12, "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.") To believe anything else is a deception, because God's word is always true and it is always right. We must choose to believe God over any negative circumstance that we are facing. You are able to do it, and God will meet you there. Don't distress. It's always darkest before the dawn. If you feel like everything is falling apart, look up for your redemption is drawing near. It's only temporary. Scripture says that if you can see it in the natural, then it's subject to change -- it's just temporary. (2 Corinthians 4:18, "While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.") Your circumstances are temporary and they must bown the knee to the Word of God! Be encouraged! If God be for you, who then can succeed against you? (Romans 8:31, "What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?")

In Jesus,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozes on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:03 am

is this a sign to move on to a better environment..sometimes we hold on to things and places that God wants us to let go of. sometimes he is just waiting for us to recognize that he has many open doors for us..but we often hold on to the one he wants to close..think on these things..its just my thoughts..

R

Rozes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:11 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top