Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HadassahHope

Just a question

I am just wondering if anyone gives feedback to people who are trying to exercise the gift of prophecy here? I think it would be encouraging to know if a person is blessed by a prophecy so that people know they are hearing from God. Just curious. Thanks

I don't know if I'm sure of your question.

The owner of this site: mia sherwood, encourages the members to "look at a person's fruit". In other words, when/if a person proclaims to you what they are feeling or hearing what God has said to him/her you need to make sure that other words that they've prophesied to others have come true as well. A person's lifestyle must line up with the word of God (consistency is key). A bad tree doesn't bear good fruit and a good tree doesn't bear bad fruit.

The bible says in Deuteronomy 18:20-22 that "if what a prophet has said comes to pass when he/she says it will" then you know that that person is authentic.

If you feel as though you have the gift, pray about it. I always encourage people to pray first and then allow God to speak to you about what you should say to an individual. God knows everything--so it makes sense to ask him. If you think that you may have a word for someone, step out in faith and say "What your thoughts" are. You have to continue to practice your gift by doing the proper fasting, praying and listening to God's guidance. This group has indeed been a blessing to me but not without a price! You will be blessed in the end for listening to God and not to your own imagination (as some false prophets have done in the past and even today).

Hope this helps some :)
blessings in Christ
desiree

I think you may have misunderstood. I just mean't do people reply to let you know whether they are blessed by a word is all. I do understand about the gift of prophecy and how the fruit will show whether it's of God or not. Thanks,
Hadassah

I'm sorry!

yes, people usually do let me know when I'm right on target about something and its a blessing! It lets me know that God is really working through me and in me for the benefit of others! HALELULIA!

The one thing that I would add is that we request that prophetic words be stated publicly. One so that they can be judged (A word is established by two or three witnesses) but also because we have had situations where prophetic words have been PM'ed to members and those members felt awkward with the approach.

(I know your question deals more with letting the prophet know if a word blesses but want to make sure everyone understands that the word should be established publicly)

that's great. It is very helpful when people do that. I really like this forum what a great place to exercise faith.