House with Black Siding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

House with Black Siding

Post by lola21st on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:16 pm

I dreamt that a friend and I were knocking at the door of a house. It was a large house but the outside was covered in black construction paper, like the paper that would go on an exterior wall before another covering like aluminum siding, except we knew that this was meant to be the final exterior covering. It was laid on the house with precise staple gun staples. We knocked at the door and nobody answered. My friend noticed that the garage door was slightly ajar so she tried to open it. She pulled on the handle and the garage door fell onto the driveway, my friend had jumped out of the way so she didn't get hurt.

The noise from the garage door collapsing brought a woman out from the inside. It turned out to be a friend of mine who IRL used to be a neighbor before she and her family moved to Texas. In the dream, we were pleasantly surprised that it was her home (we didn't know whose home it was, actually I don't even remember why we were there in the first place). While chatting with her, I realized that we were in Canada and the lot was large, bordering a park. I could see a busy street intersection through the trees.

She welcomed us inside and it was a little dark in the living room but lighter in the dining room. We sat down in the dining room and she updated us regarding her three sons. She then explained that she and her husband were separated because he'd had an affair. She'd decided that she wanted a divorce. There were chalkboards and pads all over the dining room table and papers taped to the wall. It seemed she had studied and analyzed this issue and documented the pro's and con's of her situation which led to her final decision. Her husband called while we were there and we overheard her telling him. that she was filing for a divorce.

End of dream.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: House with Black Siding

Post by Christa on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Black Siding = Back Sliding (tongue twister) hee hee

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:03 am

Lola, could it be that God is giving you insight into this friend's situation so that you can pray and/or minister to her? This was not your house, so it does not seem to be about you. I find it interesting that the house was covered in something that was not meant to be used as the final covering for a house. This is not going to allow for much protection. Also, it's black! Not usually a good symbol, as scripturally the color black many times can represent sin, famine and death.

It seems as though this has to with your friends' marriage situation. She has reasoned and thought in her mind of all the pros and cons and has come to the conclusion she should divorce her husband, and then you were there to witness her telling him this. Seems like that may literally be what is going on with your friend and you were there as God's witness. I've heard it said that God does nothing without a witness, and it seems as though you could be that witness for God in this dream. If you do not already know what God wants you to do with this information, I believe you will know very soon.

You knocking on the door, reminds me of how Jesus said that He stands at the door and knocks...(Revelation 3:20, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.") In this context, you may be knocking on this friend's door as the Lord's representative. It seems as though you may have to knock for a while unanswered, but God is going to give you another entrace into her life and situation because the garage door when pulled upon, just fell open and this brought your friend out of her house and got her attention! After that, she welcomed you with open arms.

Also, this construction paper was laid on the house very precisely. So, it's not like your friend is unaware of what she's doing. It's like she has done it very thoughtfully, and meticulously, but she has left herself exposed and subject to the storms and perils of life with very little protection with this kind of siding on her house. Very symbolic!

Please pray on what I have said!

Blessings,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Thanks to both of you for your responses! flower

And thank you, Sandra! That's exactly what I was thinking, I have the same concerns! I haven't seen nor heard from this family in about 3-4 years so I believe it's minimally a call to intercede. The other thing that troubled me about the dream was the construction paper siding stapled so precisely and the extensive analysis she completed on the chalkboard (it was like someone proving a mathematical hypothesis).

I'm taking this to prayer because I'm not sure if/what He wants me to do beyond intercede for them....thank you!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Not sure what everybody else said but it sounds like this dream is pretty much literal and symbolic at the same time! I think the house represents your friend in the middle of starting a new life...not a completed house as yet ...but...building a new house (new life). Then all that she said to you inside about the divorce may be literal. The idea of the garage breaking down my symbolize the unstableness of the new life she is building...not yet firm but trying to get there.

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:24 am

...It was a large house but the outside was covered in black construction paper...There were chalkboards and pads all over the dining room table and papers taped to the wall.

I felt that part was interesting! *wink, wink lol!

I noticed you said the friend had "jumped out of the way so that she wouldn't get hurt" when the garage door fell. Do you think that your friend wants to get out of a situation before she gets hurt (both physically and emotionally)? I find it interesting that the living room is dark but the dining room is light. Maybe there is some dark things going on her life right now (ie: living room) but yet there is some progress and growth being made (ie: dining room, where eating takes place). Atleast she is weighing the pros and cons of the relationship (whether being project she's attached to or real life relationship) and deciding that leaving it alone is the best solution for her. She may even come to you about it?

please pray on what I've said
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Unaday, you touched on a couple of interesting things - I do think the dream is both literal and symbolic which is one way I personally know when my dream is from the Lord, the symbols have dual/triple meanings but they interrelate perfectly. With this being the case, the reconstruction piece of it reminded me of myself (though I've gone back and forth on whether it may my house symbolically and hers literally) because the Lord has been giving me a lot of reconstruction dreams over the last year and someone else saw that as well....interesting...

And Miss D, your interpretation kind of has a dual meaning as well so I'm winking back atcha! lol! I think she's given up on her "project" while I've given mine to the Lord...if she does come to me, it would have to be God because we haven't kept in touch - I've not seen nor spoken to her in about 4 years...

I will pray on this dream some more for more clarity and understanding...thanks Ladies!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavenlyBlack on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Hmm... the house - it could symbolise the body, and since they are married it means they are one flesh so it symbolically could mean their marriage.

Black construction paper + a construction tool used to apply it... paper is weak, black can represent sin, but the precise stapling means something was intentionally built with this weakness and sin. Covering... submission? Maybe the husband was taking advantage of her position as a woman and warping his position as husband? Abusing it? And the house was large - was it a long marriage? You said she had three sons so I guess it's possible.

The garage reminds me of a garage sale which means to me cleaning things out. It was open a nudge which meant the "dirty things" in their lives were only slightly visible. But what was hiding them was weak and falling down, and when it did it had the potential to harm. The noise brought her out = the secrets being discovered brought her out of the marriage?

The living room being dark could mean that they haven't allowed the "Light" (God) into their everyday lives enough, although the dining room means she let God in a bit more when it came to her reasoning out of the divorce. Eating + Light = the Word of God being taken in? Her reasoning was "school-like", scholarly perhaps meaning she based her divorce upon what rights the Word gave her once he cheated. But she seemed to struggle learning her right to divorce him, because she didn't make it simple - she thought it out to death. Once she told her husband it was final. But telling her husband when he "called" for he may symbolise her taking authority back and no longer bowing to his sin and abuse.

And since you were a friend knocking it could mean you need to act upon this dream, or that she needs to let Christ in or something, I'm not sure.

Pray over it, I kinda rushed because I normally get in deep when I do this and I can't right now.

God bless and may he open your spirit-eyes.

Amen

HeavenlyBlack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:11 pm

Thanks HeavenlyBlack, you touched on some interesting points, particularly regarding the state of their marriage - "...the husband was taking advantage of her position as a woman and warping his position as husband" !

I've prayed about it and I think that while there are similar traits between me and my friend (e.g., overanalyzing issues, going through a period of reconstruction), that the dream is DEFINITELY about her, not me...I think there may be issues impacting her marriage as you all have mentioned...I know that God has shown this to me for a reason, so am interceding and waiting for my next set of instructions or the next revelation...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top