Rollercoaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rollercoaster

Post by Cholette on Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:58 am

Hello...

I had a dream where a group of people (some I knew irl and some I didn't) were at a kiddie amusement park. There was this rollercoaster that looked familiar in the dream, as if I had ridden it before, and it was a little one. All of us decided to get on it and as I was getting ready to get on, I realized I didn't want to sit in the front so I saw another empty car to get in and this girl (who i didn't know) hopped in before me. I saw another empty car and tried hopping in that one and the cars started moving. I dove to try to get in, but it was too small for me and then I missed the ride. I think I was disappointed can't remember. I remember standing on the deck and watching the cars go in and out of the building (It was an inside rollercoaster even though you got on outside).

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rollercoaster

Post by Palmira Gutierrez on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:14 am

It appears to be a missed opportunity of some sort. What you are hoping for is not available or reserved for someone else or it is not suitable for you.

When you have a given opportunity you should take it, despite your feelings toward it. If not, there may not be another opportunity available.

These are just my thoughts.

Are you having to make a decision in your life at the current time?

Palmira Gutierrez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:31 am

Yep...I'm faced with a situation where the owners of my building are selling the property and the new owners have given all of us notices to vacate. They have been doing this for over a year and nothing has come of it. Now, all of a sudden, they are making good on everything and we have to be out by 7/31.

I was thinking that this rollercoaster had more to do with my emotional state...not quite big as a regular rollercoast, but small like a kiddie rollercoaster. Not sure...these types of dreams confuse me.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:37 am

Well, to me being at a "kiddie" amusement park could indicate that you are in need of some fun, adventure and childlikeness in your life.

The "trying" to jump on the ride could indicate that maybe you are concious in your waking life that you need to take things a little less seriously but you're just not sure how. You "try" different things but they don't seem to fit.

Watching the ride leave without you on it could indicate that you feel as if others are able to have fun/be carefree but somehow you get left behind.

Those are just my Two Cents :)

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Palmira Gutierrez on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:28 am

Dreaming about a roller coaster ride seems to symbolize the emotional ups and downs that a person is experiencing. Although, this ride can be fun, it can also seem out of control and even be a frightening experience.

Why did you not want to ride in the front? Were you afraid?

Palmira Gutierrez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:17 pm

Thanks Sunshine2...it's all making sense...this dream seems to have many facets to it because I could use a little fun in my life since lately this whole situation has sapped me quite a bit.

Palmira, I'm not an "in front" type of person. I'm in leadership in my church (Administration and Praise Leader), but if someone was to tell me I didn't have to be in the forefront, I would GLADLY step aside.

You ladies have come out with some GREAT points...WOW!! happy dance

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:45 pm

You belong in the front. You will always have a place available and waiting just for you in the front. You will only fit in the front. You can't see another place where you think you'll feel more comfortable (avoiding the front-line) and choose to get in that position. It's not your position. It belongs to someone else.

Go ahead and accept what you know is true and take your position. IN THE FRONT!

Last edited by Virtuous on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing letter)

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:14 pm

The only thing that makes me think that this isn't specifically about leadership is that she is getting on a "Ride". Front or back or middle doesn't really matter in that way on a roller coaster. It's a "ride". If she were driving the roller coaster that would mean leadership to me because she would have some kind of say in where it went.

I think this is an indicator of actually stepping into something where you would be "along for the ride". The reason you didn't want to be in front is because in the natural the very front seat is the most scary, you feel everything the most in the very front. That is the very reason I would NEVER choose the front either in the natural. I"m not a huge roller coaster fan. But this was a kiddie ride and you were letting your fears/worries hold you back. When you tried to step into a "Safer" place it wouldn't open up. I feel like God has something for you that is out of your comfort zone. I feel like He is starting you off small (just a kiddie ride) but it's going to take boldness on your part to step into what He has. If you try to just take the "safe route" it won't open up. LIke I said, I don't feel this is about leadership, I honestly feel like this is about following God and Him leading you to some new things. It's about handing control over to Him and just "taking your seat" in faith.

Let me know if this makes sense and/or applies

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:31 pm

I do receive getting stepping out in the front Virtuous...God has already told me to do that, but...well you know. duh

SUNSHINE2...GIRL!!! The light bulb came on when I read your second reply... idea You said...

I honestly feel like this is about following God and Him leading you to some new things. It's about handing control over to Him and just "taking your seat" in faith.

It all makes sense. Three years ago, the Lord spoke SO CLEARLY to me during my devotional time and said that he was bringing me into a season of NEW THINGS, but he was trying to get me to a "CERTAIN PLACE IN HIM". Then he told me that my fear was stagnating me...then he said to TRUST HIM!!!

I think you hit it right on the head...

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:47 pm

thumbs Awesome! Seems like the season is now! Ah, it's a bit scary to hand over control and just trust that He will take care of us, but His word is true. If He said it, then He will protect you all the way! Blessings :)

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Being in the front doesn't always mean being in leadership. Her being in the front, middle, back or any other place on the "ride" does matter. If it didn't, she would've been able to get in where she wanted to. I do agree with the rest of your analogy, but position IS important; especially when God is trying to take you somewhere.

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:24 pm

No, I know. In the next paragraph I explained that the reason she wasn't able to get in the other seats was because the front was where God wanted her.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:33 pm

I certainly appreciate ALL of the imput. I'm a happy and encouraged woman today!!! :clap:

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:55 pm

Gracious, Father! I was so excited in my spirit when I read these replies to Cholette. My spirit was like, yes, yes, yes! That is it. cholette, Go for the gold that the Lord is refining in you.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:33 pm

i havnt read the other replys as 2 try 2 remain un biased,,i think thers an oppertunity coming ur way that u kood miss because u wont take the front seat,,u wont put urself first,,notta bad thing ,,but in this situ ,,it works against u,,someone else is gonna take tha second car,,,u were meant 4 tha front,,becos ur 2big 4 the other car,,not in tha physikal.. but in the spirit..dont missa future event that will be a ''rollercoaster ''ride becos of standing bak,,,its time 4 u 2 take ur position an authority,,an place in the kingdom,,like luke skywalker..''it is ur destiny.... lol! ohhh ,,i hav2 be good,, :angel: otherwise i;ll getta spankin,, :yes: hee hee

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:20 am

WOW...thanks Dreamz!! You have been flowing really well lately!!

You said "don't miss a future event that will be a rollercoaster ride because of standing back"...are you saying that the roller coaster ride in this dream is a good thing? Is it something pleasurable?

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:38 pm

yeah i feel like im flowin well.. :clap: and a good thang up ahead,, :clap:

Last edited by dreamster on Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Cholette- believe it or not...i think this is a good dream. You missed an opportunity- yes. However the opportunity would have caused emotional turbulance (roller coasters go up and down) in some way and God made a way of escape for you. This dream may be futuristic...so in the time to come weigh out every opportunity that comes your way...and choose wisely.
Scratch Chin

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:11 pm

I agree with you Unaday...I believe it's a good dream too. You couldn't tell me that after having the dream... :zipit: because I thought I was in for a roller coaster ride of my life. Praise God that is not the case because only HE knows the ride I've been on for my entire spiritual life...

I appreciate your input...It's right on the money, along with the others.

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:23 pm

I think you would've experienced anything other than peace and joy during this ride only if God had allowed you to get into one of the other seats. I think He showed His love for you by not allowing you to get out of order with this. The purpose will still have to be carried out by you but like I said in another post...God's purpose never changes but His directions may change in order for the purpose to remain the same and be carried out. You're going to have to get on that roller coaster to complete the mission but you're going to have to get in where you fit in and that's in the order God sees fit.

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum