Me and my kids

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Me and my kids

Post by ispeaktheword on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:08 pm

Hello,

Recently had this dream:

It's a warm summer day. I had my kids in their double stroller (boy and girl). We went to this Public Storage Unit place. It was outdoors. I noticed all of the black gates were closing. I got nervous because I did not want us to get locked in. I ran up the gate and caught the eye of a woman that was locking up. She said, "why are you in here, didn't you know it was closing time"? "You don't live around people that could have told you"? I said, I come here all the time, the time doesn't matter! Scene changes.

I'm in this house with my kids still in the double stroller. I am watching this very pretty young lady. She looked asian/caucasian. She had two small children, boy and girl they looked around my kids age (2 and 3). She heads toward the door with her kids. She had on a white summer dress with thick black winter boots that came up to her knee. My kids and I follow her out the door and down the stairs. She is walking with her kids down the stairs and I am pushing my kids down the stairs in their stroller. :uhoh: My daughter falls out of the stroller and down the stairs. There were people sitting on the stairs including the pretty girl and I heard everyone go, ooohhh. I was sooo embarrassed and furious with my daughter because she unbuckled herself. We went across the street and I sat her on these brick stairs. I was hitting her on her thighs and scolding her but the hits were not hard. I wanted them to be hard hits but they kept coming out soft. The people on the stairs were just watching. Then I woke up. Thanks for taking a look at my dream.

ispeaktheword

ispeaktheword

View user profile http://www.tytenishaosgood.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Me and my kids

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:38 pm

i used to have those dreams alot about spanking my children and it came out soft. my intentions were stern but the result was soft. Then the Lord showed me it meant i was disciplining my children and my intentions were firm, but in the end i was a bit of a softy and they never really learned there lesson. It wasnt that i wasnt trying because i was but it seemed like no matter how hard i tried to teach them they shouldnt do things they just continued to misbehave. in truth i hate disciplining my children and I am a softee. Sometimes i would spank my son and i just KNEW it hurt his behind enough for him to quit but he didnt make a sound or show at all that it effected him in the slightest. It was times like that i would have those dreams. I got remarried in April and my husband helped me out alot with the discipline. Now i just make my kids stand in the corner..they hate that and i dont feel guilty for spanking them :-).
as for the first dream, do you feel like someone is making you be somewhere you dont want to be in some way?
blessings,
Daph

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:46 am

Yup I totally agree with you Daph.

Love,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ispeaktheword on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:24 am

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for your responses. I must be honest and say I don't feel it has to do with discipline. Im pretty firm with my kids. This is actually one dream with two scenes, so I know its connected in some kind of way. But thank very much for your thoughts.

Blessings,
ispeaktheword

ispeaktheword

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:55 pm

Honestly, this is a fleshly response back to your dream. I hope the Holy Spirit has revealed more to you since you last posted. But here are my 2 cents worth: 1) The woman you are following out the door - is she possibly a new mom or friend, maybe someone you've met through a playgroup, something like that. The snowboots and the dress don't fit. She looks lovely, but something is definitely not right. Why did you overlook the obviously out-of-place boots and concentrate on the white dress? 2.) You followed her out the door and down the stairs with a stroller. Obviously, this goes against anything you would normally do. Were you distracted by the woman or what. What were your feelings at this point in the dream? 3.) When you got upset with your daughter, you were blaming her for something that while she shouldn't have done, was actually very minor. If, in the dream, you had been paying attention to your own decision making instead of following this new person/thing, then you, as the driver (who had the greater responsibility) would have been warned or had the forethought not to go down the stairs. 4) This connects me back to your first dream: You were paying attention to the normal things in life (the time the storage unit closed) and so when the time changed, you were able to speak up and say so. Are you following me? The two scenes are pardoxes to each other. In the first scene, when the gatekeeper suddenly decided to lock up, you were able to speak up and say, "This is not right." In the second dream, you were following the crowd, so to speak, and were distracted so you did not speak up about what was right. I do not know, then, if this is a warning dream of something to come, a pitfall the Lord does not want you to fall into, or is this is something that is happening right now that again, he'd like you to notice. I could also see how this would relate to leadership, not necessarily in your mothering. May God get the Glory as you continue to ponder carefully what He is trying to show you! May you be encouraged in your mothering that even in your dreams, your kiddos safety is #1 concern and that they are at your side (even though in real life, it really would be nice to at least use the restroom by yourself!).

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:58 pm

Sorry - another thought coming here: The black boots vs white dress. While she seemed to clothe herself in white (innocence, color of the saints, symbolism for Godliness), the boots were black. Again, is there someone new in your realm who you thought was Godly but is now displaying an ungodly side that you are somehow ignoring? Just a different perspective. I could be way off-base.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:05 pm

Indulge me once more: If any of this is on the right track, the disciplining your kiddos is not about real life discipline, but is about you not standing up being firm enough in a situation when someone is at risk of falling (spiritually that is). But, you are to be reminded/encouraged/re-enforced that you have had the ability to take a stand when there was much less at risk (being locked in at night is inconvenient, but no one was at risk of being hurt). Again, take and pray over it and please report back to all of us when you get your interpretation from the Spirit and/or the situation plays out in real life!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ispeaktheword on Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:34 pm

Hi Rnestseekr,

Im sorry im responding so late. Thank you for taking the time to look at my dream. I usually have an idea of what my dreams are saying. I wanted to see if someone else had the same ideas and different perspectives. Yes, I do believe this was a warning dream and I definitely agree with a lot of what you said. I did notice the boots were out of place and the going downstairs was not right. I know that your children represent characteristics of self or the child themselves. This is where I get lost. What do my children represent in this dream? I think the closing of the gates represent a timing thing going on in my life. This is the second dream where I'm telling someone "the time doesn't matter". Maybe I need to be patient and move in God's timing? You know what..as i'm typing this i'm thinking about the girl with the boots. In the dream im watching her. We didn't have any interaction, its like she didn't even know I was there. Maybe this is prophetic and warning me to be careful of those that come into my life (similar to what you said). Me taking my eyes off of Christ and listening to or following this person may cause me to fail or fall. Thank you again for taking the time to read and post your thoughts on this dream. I really appreciate that.

Blessings,
ispeaktheword

ispeaktheword

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top