Four babies, four fathers, one mother

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Four babies, four fathers, one mother

Post by Rebeccable on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:41 am

I don’t normally ask for help in interpreting my dreams, because the Lord usually reveals them to me. This time, however, I feel that I might have difficulty in being objective, so I wanted to ask for help.

Here’s some back story, because after reading a bit on symbols, it seems clear that this dream is addressing ministry…

About 15 months ago, I was asked to step down from the worship ministry in my church. There was no reason given, other than the worship leader “felt like God was directing” but didn’t know why. I have found out through the subsequent months that not even the pastor knew he was going to do this. I’ve been on worship teams for almost 20 years (this one for 2) and have been singing almost since I knew how to speak.

I have learned much in that time, but I’ve also struggled to understand further what God’s purpose is in all this because, before I was asked to step down, I felt that the Lord was indicating to me that I was going to be instrumental in this worship leader’s life and ministry. I didn’t know that “absence” was possibly the way He would accomplish that.

There is much to worship ministry that I feel called into, most notably mentoring and discipleship for those on worship teams. However, I often wonder if that “calling” is just me wanting to be part of a ministry from which I derive great joy. Hence, the need for your outside perspective…

THE DREAM

I am visiting someone (I don’t know who she is; never met her). She has recently (days ago) had FOUR babies. They were all conceived on the same day by DIFFERENT fathers. They were all content – none were crying. And they were beautiful and healthy; probably about 9 lbs apiece, although I had seen her during pregnancy and she didn’t look like she would have been carrying that much extra weight. I marveled at their plumpness and asked her (for the benefit of my mother, who was there and also curious) how much they weighed at birth. I don’t remember exact numbers, but they were all approximately in the 4 lb range, seemingly to have doubled their weight in just a few days.

She said, “We are very blessed by the Lord,” and I remember thinking, “How can she say that? They all have different fathers!”

I started to say something rather mean-spirited about that to my mom and she reminded me quickly that my life before Christ could have easily spawned such an event. I guiltily agreed but in my heart still thought it was an awfully wicked thing.

The friend went into her bedroom with 2 of the babies. She didn’t have any cribs or anything, so she had placed the other 2 babies on the stove in the kitchen (supposedly to keep them warm). It didn’t seem strange in the dream; although in waking life I’m reminded of Hansel & Gretel!

Anyway, one baby was kind of “in the shadows” and I didn’t get a clear look at its face. Interestingly, it was on “the back burner.” The other one was so beautiful and sweet; it was smiling and peaceful and I loved it. I know which baby that was. I get teary thinking about its face…

It seemed significant that the mom was in a separate room with 2 of her babies.

The dream ends with me wishing the mom would come pay special attention to my favorite baby, but she was “in rotation” with the needs of all the babies and I knew the other 2 needed the more immediate attention.

Rebeccable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Four babies, four fathers, one mother

Post by Christa on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:36 pm

Hi Rebecca,

Mia says this about numbers
...... "Numbers - ie., number of people in a dream represented the number of whatever else was in the
dream. Five people in an earthquake = 5 earthquakes. Biblically speaking whenever a number was represented in a dream it represented the actual number in real life: i.e. Five healthy cows / five ears of shriveled corn = five years of plentiful food / five years of famine, 11 stars = 11 brothers." The number two represents: Two or two by two - Jesus sending out the seventy-two, a call to ministry.

Babies in dreams often symbolize something new,
something time consuming, something that takes up a lot of
your focus, or something that takes up a lot of your time
and energy - most often, a job or a ministry and sometimes
a marriage

I'm thinking that you are multi-talented! That God has 4 areas of ministry for you to be involved in, but that it's time to switch focus from one to the other (from the beautiful one to the one on the back burner). I have the feeling that the beautiful one is the worship team ministry. You love this ministry, it's your thing (your perfect fit...which the perfect baby resembled). However, there's a ministry on the back burner that needs the most attention right now. The other two ministries were being attended to by your friend, so they're "taken care of" at the moment.
I'm
sure it was extremely hard for the worship leader to give you that
insight from God, that would be a hard message to deliver.
Maybe ask God for some more revelation as to which ministry has been on the backburner there. What a wonderful dream! How exciting! God bless.

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebeccable on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:42 am

Thanks, Christa...That helps. The Lord has been speaking to my heart about another area of ministry, but it was my feeling that He was going to be doing that more in the "future." Perhaps it is more immediate. Thank you again...I'll be praying.

Rebeccable

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christa on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:10 pm

Glad I could help. I think you're going to accelerate once you get started....like one of those flat sidewalk escalators at the airport (I forget what they're called) that really scoot you along quickly. It sounds like you'll be in your element again in no time. God bless you!

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top