God sent blues eyes three times instead of brown to me for a reason

View previous topic View next topic Go down

God sent blues eyes three times instead of brown to me for a reason

Post by tina wood on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:11 pm

In my dream, I am at church. This guy that I only went out with once is there. He is angry, and walking around. His "girlfriend" is pregnant. I keep saying "Why didn't he just tell me she was pregnant". I then wake up.. Since having this dream..I remember that when I was eighteen, I went forward during church when a visiting pastor and his wife came, and I prayed for a husband. The pastor's wife told me to be specific about what type of man I wanted. At that time, I felt that God was telling me only to pray for a christain husband and not to worry about what he looked like. But she told me know that God was not going to honor my prayers if I didn't get specific about the details(such as hair color, eye color and all) I didn't know what I wanted him to look like so I said brown hair and brown eyes. She then told me not to go out with anyone other than that. I met a great looking guy who really loved God and you could feel the love of the Lord in him. He was going into the missions field and wanted me to go with him and to be his wife. I turned him down due to his hair being and his eyes being the prettiest blue I had ever seen..I now feel that this guy in my dream is really this other guy that I had met when I was eighteen. You see I only got to see this guy once before he left to go into the mission field. Both have blue eyes.. I am going to Egypt on NOv.6-17 for a mission trip...What do you all feel that God is saying?????? I have a male friend who has blue eyes too.

Last edited by tina wood on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out the word)

tina wood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: God sent blues eyes three times instead of brown to me for a reason

Post by snikwhite on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:47 pm

Are your wants and desires the same as they were back then? Perhaps it is time for you to examine the list that was made? Perhaps it is time to commit yourself to Jesus (blue eyed man in dreams, often can symbolize Jesus) rather than focusing on personal relationship? I would encourage you to ask God to reveal your husband to you, record what you see, and pray him in.

snikwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:06 pm

God will honor your prayers as long as you pray them in submission to His will. If there are times when your will does not match His will for a situation, He will still hear you. He will guide you to understand His will. Nowhere in the Bible does it tell us that if we are not specific God will not honor our prayers. In fact, it says somewhere in the Bible that God even honors our sighs and groans when we don't have words to express ourselves. There is also scripture which talks about praying in tongues. When praying in tongues, you are not able to give God a list of your specifications because the Holy Spirit is leading your prayer. God will honor your prayers even when they are not specific. You wrote, "At that time, I felt that God was telling me only to pray for a christain husband and not to worry about what he looked like." You were right. God does not tell us to judge each other by physical characteristics. God wants you to choose your husband based on spiritual characteristics, and on the love He will put into your heart for this man.

I am sorry the pastor's wife advised you the way that she did. She probably meant well, but her advice was not biblical and it is potentially damaging because it teaches you to pray your will be done and then insist that your will be done by refusing to consider anything outside of your will. Please pray about this. If the Lord leads you to do so, repent of praying for your own will to be done and ask Him again for the husband whom He wants you to have.
In Christ's love, Jodi

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LovetoworshipJesus on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:10 pm

Amen I agree with you JOdi I pray Gods will be done for Tina

LovetoworshipJesus
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:18 pm

Hey Tina!
Its nice to hear from you again (I know its been a while!!)

I have to say this: How did you feel when the woman told you that your prayers were going to be hindered because you "weren't specific" enough? There are great guys (Godly ones) out there that I know would be a perfect match for you, but sometimes we ignore them because "they don't have this" or "don't have that" or "they are not what others expect us to have".

I personally feel like you can be specific with God because he knows exactly what we like and want in a mate BUT you don't want to get caught up in the superficial either. God knows what's best for us, and often times what HE wants for us is different from what we want for ourselves (since his thoughts are not our thoughts and his ways not our ways (Isaiah 55:8-9). I know in the past (before I was TOTALLY sold out to God) that I wanted a certain guy with specific physical characteristics, but as I've grown more those "things" don't hold the same level of importance anymore. I still want a man that looks "attractive" to me, but more than anything I want him to be TOTALLY sold out to God and his precepts.
I'd have to agree with what Jodi said as well--the woman probably meant well but she went about telling you the advice in the wrong way (we have to be careful what we listen to and acknowledge from spiritual leaders; some sometimes say their opinions instead of what is out of the word of God)

I wonder if that man with the blue eyes represented Jesus for you? Right now in this time, I wonder if he desires for you to be sold out to him completely and to love him totally before you get connected with anybody else physically right now? I wonder if he's "sending you on a mission" in rediscovering who he is and finding who you are in him"? I am a witness when I tell you that when you love God completely and with your whole heart, mind, and strength as Deuteronomy tells us, he will express a love to you that you've never experienced before! I'm telling you, once you have God's love inside of you--you'll know how to truly love others and that LOVE that God wants for you in a mate, will find you and it will leave you satisfied!! you won't be uncertain or confused (believe me, I was once that, but when I gave it all to God--who gives us the desires of our heart---everything worked out and it still is!!)

blessings and be encouraged
desiree

Last edited by Desiree (Starpop) on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:23 pm

one more thing:

That guy that had the pregnant girlfriend in the dream (who was apparently mad because he had gotten her pregnant--did this happen in real life or just in the dream?),

If in the dream, do you feel like this guy is angry at something that has recently started in his life?

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tina wood on Thu May 28, 2009 6:49 am

Thank you all for your response. May God bless you and keep you all safe. Since I have posted this dream, God has become the most important person and I have drawn closer to Him. He is leading me and my daughter to Germany. Not sure when or how but I know that all will be okay,because of the Lord. Desiree, not to my knowledge has the guy gotten a girl pregnant. Again, thank you all for everything and you are all right. As I go in the Lord, I am learning so much more. At that I time, I felt only that I should be praying for a christain husband who is totally sold out to the Lord. Now I know that is what I want in a husband. Because it will be his love for God that is the most attractive part to me. Love all of you.

Last edited by tina wood on Thu May 28, 2009 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled the word "thank")

tina wood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LovetoworshipJesus on Thu May 28, 2009 7:01 am

amen!!

LovetoworshipJesus
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by usemeLord on Thu May 28, 2009 7:18 am

Amen Jodi, you said that perfect about the pastors wife.

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Thu May 28, 2009 10:22 am

Amen, Jodi, Desiree, Love, UseMeLord, that was right on time, and absolutely sound doctrine. I wish more people visited this site and had the opportunity to read this wisdom. It would stop a lot of self-inflicted heartache. I am sure a lot of people have rejected a potential mate because of a doctrine from man, and not of God's heart for them. Thank God that you have a heart to follow the Lord where He leads you, Tina. No one can go wrong when following God. Might not always feel good, but it will be the straight path that leads to everlasting righteousness and pleasures for ever more.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu May 28, 2009 10:28 am

I am so glad for your victory and change of mindset Tina!! God will not embarrass, disappoint, or humiliate you when you're looking to Him! Please send us the praise report when God sends you the one!! One more thing: not only will the man be sold out to God and love you like Christ does, but he will be EVERYTHING That you want in a man!! :clap:

Hislightbeam, thanks for the compliments and the mini-sermon!! laugh

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Thu May 28, 2009 10:33 am

and the mini-sermon!!
Desiree, when I read your post, I just burst out laughing! Now, what if I had incontinence issues?!!You would jack me up everytime. I enjoy fellowshipping with you all.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tina wood on Thu May 28, 2009 11:49 am

praiseGod AMEN!!!!!! to all of you..I am so excited to be able to share with true believers in Christ. Desiree, you are so right and that was from the Lord. I have now a christain list for my husband to be and it centers around the Lord and first and foremost in our lives together as husband and wife. You see, I am also praying that I will be the wife to him that God has commanded me to be. So I know that God has work to do on me to get me where He wants me to be for my husband as well. Marriage is both of us surrendering to Christ in all things..Love you all..God bless you all..

tina wood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu May 28, 2009 3:37 pm

lol! Hislightbeam! Thank you all for being apart of the group--the moderators (as well as the other members I'm sure) appreciate your service! kiss :cute:
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tina wood on Fri May 29, 2009 6:46 am

You are so welcome, but I should point out that your love and friendship thru this what I should be thanking your for. I may never have the previledge of getting to meet each one of you in person, but I will be looking for you all in heaven to sing,shout,praise,worship and bow down before the one and the only creator, GOD our Father,JESUS CHRIST the Son of our Father God, and the HOLY SPIRIT the three in ONE. As a friend has told me"Keep the Son in your eyes always" and Keep the love of our God in your hearts as well.Lots of love to you all.

tina wood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:16 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top