Dreamed of my father/wedding day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dreamed of my father/wedding day

Post by ahjavier on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:31 am

Hi everyone. I need help interpreting this dream I had. There was more to this dream but I can't remember them.

I dreamed it was my wedding day, we were already at the altar (I couldn't see the man I was marrying). Then I felt so happy when I saw my father and I ran to him and we just hugged. I hugged him really tight and I cried so much on his shoulder and pretty loud, too. I had my eyes closed the whole time, and I didn't want to let him go. My dad hugged me back and just danced me around in a circle.

History: I've been dealing with some stuff right now about confusion. I'm married and have been attracted to this other guy. He's always on my mind and I keep praying to God to lead my heart where it needs to be. Could this have anything to do with that?

Thank you guys! =)

ahjavier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dreamed of my father/wedding day

Post by Christa on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:18 pm

Hi! You know what...I'm married too and I had the same thing happen. I started getting really attracted to this guy and he was saying all of the right things and very charming. I started to pray hard about this guy. I asked God to reveal his true colors, because we all have sinned. He's not a Holy Roller, although he does believe in Christ. He's very worldly nonetheless, but that didn't seem to scare me off. I asked God to reveal something to me that would scare me off, so that I could gain back solid ground in my marriage again (my marriage is soooo rocky, but God honors my efforts in trying to save my marriage because he loves marriage and hates divorce).

Oh man, did God ever reveal something about this guy!! No joke, this guy, knowing that I'm a Christian, openly and without hesitation said, "If it weren't for abortion, I'd have 10 kids by now." :jawdrop: That shut me down completely. Whether you're a pro-lifer or not, I don't know a woman who wouldn't have a bad taste left in her mouth after hearing that. That thought has stuck with me and although this man is still very charming and sweet and I consider him not only a good friend, but a GREAT friend, I can't fantasize about having a future with him anymore. Thank God, because that's not fair to my husband either....it's just not.

Marriage is hard, but give it your best and let God do the rest ok. Hope this helps, God bless you!

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ahjavier on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:24 pm

Wow, I should pray that he tells me something or do something that will totally turn me off romantically hahaha. I've been praying to lead my heart to where it belongs, but that one sounds like it might just work. Thank you for that. That man's comment to you made me drop my jaw open hahaha...just like your icon. duh

ahjavier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christa on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:46 pm

Yeah, I still have a bad taste in my mouth about that one. God knows your heart, He knows what you don't want to hear.

I've been through one divorce already, and I'm telling you, I would've rather worked through that one then to have to be working through this one. I don't know what situation your marriage is in, but my first marriage got stagnant and I was far away from God at the time. I had an affair and sent my husband packing. I broke his heart and I still hurt for that scar I gave him. I know that Jesus has forgiven me, but we, as sinners, have a hard time forgiving ourselves for being idiots.

Do what you can to get this other guy out of your mind, even if you have to convince yourself that his breath smells like doggie doo, he has a unibrow, he combs his hair like a 4th grader, or he lets his fingernails grow out too long. Don't forget that he wears pinky rings, has a tatoo that says "mom" on it, and he has to say the word, "like" before every sentence.

:funtease:

Find the pet peeves because God doesn't want you to leave your husband for someone else. Sometimes, He wants you to leave, but not for someone else....there's always a necessary healing time involved after separation or divorce. Other people get hurt in the whole rebound scene too and those relationships just don't develop right from the start. God loves you and He'll fix everything, you'll see, just keep your trust in Him. He's so good to us. Hand Casanova over to Jesus and Jesus will take care of you on this one..believe me! He's good for His word. "Ask ANYTHING in my name, and I will give it to you!" He said very shortly before He died on the cross for us. He was still more worried about us than what He was going to endure in His near future. He's good for His word!!!!! God bless you!

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ahjavier on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:53 pm

Your words are so comforting and not to mention funny :LOLDOH: . I will start looking for something to get me turned off. But we are friends now, and I kinda like having him as a friend. I'm so comfy around him and we laugh alot.

About my dream, do you think my father was actually God comforting me while I was crying> And it was my wedding (just couldn't see who the groom was)...so maybe God is comforting my marriage?

i've been wanting to cry alot but just never really did. That's probably why I cried in my dream. What do you think?

ahjavier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christa on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:16 am

Mia's dream symbols:

Wedding - Marriage, covenant, commitment (like a
contract job, volunteer position, any kind of commitment)

Family members or various people - represent
themselves and/or sometimes they are a symbol for the
place they live.

Unknown Man - can be a threat.

My opinion only: I think God was comforting you. "We are the bride of Christ." He was even trying to cheer you up by dancing with you. This is my opinion of your dream: God didn't allow your groom to have a face because we are the bride of Christ. I know it sounds a little strange, but we need to look at Jesus as our Everything....our Father, our King, our Provider, our Comforter, our Husband, our Friend, our Rabbi, our Priest.... We have an earthly father and a Heavenly Father just the same as we have an earthly husband and a Heavenly Husband. I think that you just need to make Jesus your ALL, your everything, and He'll line up your earthly husband with what He wants him to do.

It is possible that there could be a whole flip side to this dream though. Are you worried about taking on a job with a shady boss in the city your father lives in? It's probably best that you pray for more revelation on this one, just to make sure that you got everything God is trying to tell you. Hope this helps some.

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:15 am

What a comforting dream!

I believe the groom is Jesus and you are the bride of Christ. Your father in this dream is your Heavenly Father. He loves you unconditionally, amazingly well! He's full of compassion and lovingkindness and patience! And just as He embraced you in your dream is how He embraces you in real life. Run towards him IRL, those who seek the Lord will lack no good thing (Psalm 34:10). Just reading your dream made me feel warmth and a sense of peace!

One of the things I love when God gives me a dream is that the symbolism often has a dual but interconnected meaning. I think the dream is about commitment, both to the Lord and to your husband. In that in the dream you're in covenant with the Lord. When we enter into a marriage covenant, it is a covenant not only between the groom and bride but also between them and Jesus. So I think the dream is speaking to you of your dual covenants.

On a side note, it is important to interpret the symbols within the context of a dream and in relation to the feelings in the dream rather than individually. While certain symbols may have a general meaning, that meaning will change based on the context of the overall dream and also based on the feelings of the dreamer in the dream. Feelings are a critical piece to understanding dreams. Since you were experiencing happiness in the dream, I didn't see the groom as a threat.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top