Lost Purse

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost Purse

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:07 am

I was with some old ladies that I knew in the dream, but not IRL. They reminded me of "The Golden Girls". (Hopefully you've seen that show.) They loved me very much and they were really sweet. We went to church/school and sat down in some pews that were completely packed with other people. We squeezed in tight together. Later I realized I must've left my purse in the classroom/church, because I couldn't find it. In the dream the purse I was carrying is a purse I no longer carry in real life because I consider it to be broken. The lining has torn away inside the purse, and I have retired it. But, in the dream the purse was completely fine -- normal. And, although the purse was zipped when I saw it, it was really fat like it was full of stuff. So, I started going throughout this building looking for my purse. I checked the church/classroom where I had been earlier in the day with the old ladies. I checked the cafeteria --all to no avail. I was taking an elevator up and down to different floors as I looked for the purse. I knew the purse was not stolen, just misplaced. At different times while I was looking for the purse, I would run across things that I had in the purse. So, it's like I recovered these certain items. And, I wondered if I really needed the purse, since I had recovered these items. Then I remembered that I did need it because it has my i.d., my insurance cards, my credit cards, my checkbook, and my money in it. So I continued to look. During one of my elevator trips, I ran into an old friend from high school named Rick. (I'm married in real life, so this is nothing romantic.) He embraced me. He was at the controls, and was running the elevator. While embracing me I knew I was pregnant and he knew it too. He told me he was worried about my pregnancy because he could "see" things going wrong with it. When he said it, I could "see" it too -- like I could actually picture what he was talking about. And, because I could "see" it, I began to wonder if he could be right. Then it hit me -- I asked him, "Do you 'see' things, spiritually speaking?" (In other words, do you see spiritually?) He answered "no" and that's when I realized that his "seeing" was not valid. So, I reassured him that everything would be fine. End of dream.

Last edited by Sandra P on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting a typo)

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Purse

Post by sunshine2 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Hey SAndra!

This dream has a lot of symbolism and I must say I haven't been able to piece all the pieces together but I will give you what little bit that I got from it.

Ok, these old ladies to me are a good symbol. They symbolize wisdom/love to me. My feeling is (I could be totally wrong) that this search for this "lost purse" symbolizes a quest you are on in your waking life. I feel like the "broken purse" in real life being whole and new again in your dream is a symbol for something in your life that was "broken" but God is going to make it whole. You are on a quest for this "whole" bag that is not only whole again but it is filled with good things! Going up and down the elevator could be a metaphor for the "ups and downs" of life.
Finding pieces that were in the purse to me represents the process that you are getting things "piece by piece" but you're not satisfied with just some pieces you know you need the whole thing!
HOnestly, I feel like this dream could be about you finding your true identity in God. AT the end of the dream the person from the past telling you that you were going to have trouble only threw you for a second but then you were able to discern that what he was saying was not from God. I really feel like this is God's way of saying that you will be able to discern the truth from lies and that your "past" is not going to be able to speak into your life any more to tell you where you are going. Your past will not be able to control your life any more (the elevator). God's truth is that you're going to have the baby and have your true identity because I feel like having the baby and finding the purse are the same thing.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:05 am

Wow, Sunshine! You have really blessed me with this interpretation. I've gotta tell you, normally I understand my dreams pretty well, but this one had me stumped. You are right on in your interpretation. Everything you said is right! Thank you sooooo very much for this insight. I really needed it, and it is of great comfort to me. Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:12 am

OH good, I'm very glad! It was a really good dream thumbs Lots of good stuff in there! Blessings to you :)

Suzannah

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top