House Burning Down

View previous topic View next topic Go down

House Burning Down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:57 am

I was staying in a house temporarily. During the night, I became aware that the house was on fire. So, I evacuted the people that were staying with me there (they are 2 girls who I do know in real life and they are very Godly women) who were both asleep at the time. As I stood outside the house it burned completely down. I was not upset over this because it was not my house, only a place I was staying temporarily. That's when I realized this was my old house (the one that my husband moved out of only a year ago IRL). I knew that the new people who lived there and owned the house had suffered the loss, and because I was staying there when it burned down I would have to buy them a new one. Then I remembered that before I decided to stay there, I arranged for insurance to cover me during that time in case anything happened. So I was covered. The only thing was I knew that my insurance rates would go up slightly since this was the 3rd claim I'd had to make on my insurance in the last 2 years. That was only a minor inconvenience, though, because we had more than enough money to cover the increase. End of dream.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top