The broken bread that was shared

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The broken bread that was shared

Post by money on Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:02 pm

I came upon two bread booths handing out bread in a marketplace in the middle of a vast dessert. At the 1st booth, there was a man standing in line. As the man took the bread i heard him say that he didn't believe in God. So he snatched his bread and walked away. Although i started to, i didn't get in that line, I got in the line at the 2nd booth. There was a bilingual lady standing in front of me, but greeted me in English. As she stepped up to receive her bread i heard her say with a Spanish accent "yes give me bread...Gloria de cristiano jesus!". Then she turned and looked at me while repeating the phrase. Then i looked in her hand, and saw that she was holding a freshly baked roll. I could SMELL the yeast in it. Then she held up the bread and repeated the phrase with more emphasis urging me to repeat it. So I repeated it several times and she seemed pleased. Then it was my turn to receive my bread , but the bilingual woman stopped me. When i turned around she broke off a piece of her bread and gave it to me to eat. {She motioned it towared my mouth and told me to eat it} I could SMELL and TAST it. Then i got my own loaf. Then the woman and I walked away laughing.

-Could someone interpret the spanish?
THANK YOU

money

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The broken bread that was shared

Post by Christa on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:49 pm

Wow, what a beautiful dream! I think we need to know a little more about your background for this dream. Irregardless, these are my thoughts about the dream:

I'm not sure if you know anything about this, but here's some background on Jesus/Broken Bread:

Broken bread is a sign of communion. Jesus, before he died, had communion with his disciples. He broke bread and said, "Take eat, this is my body that has been broken for you, do this in remembrance of me." He was prophesying his death and his broken beat up body which the tearing of the bread resembles. Communion is celebrated in Christianity frequently and we have unleavened bread (matzo crackers) and grape juice (instead of wine to represent the blood that was spilt on the cross when Jesus gave his life).

"Gloria de Christiano Jesus" means something like "Glory to Jesus Christ." A common term in Christian churches today is, "Glory to God." Christians believe in the trinity, meaning that there are three persons ---> God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit (that now dwells in us if we ask Jesus to come into our hearts, to forgive us our sins, and to take over in us so that we can be with Him in Heaven when our earthly bodies die). So, when we say, "Glory to God," it is the same as saying, "Glory to you Jesus," or "Glory to you Holy Spirit." In Spanish the common saying is actually, "Gloria a Dios"..."Glory to God."

I believe that the first booth represented what the world offers you. You'll get bread, you'll get fed, but it's not the "Bread of Life." That's why the man said he didn't believe in God, he was not eating of the Bread Of Life.

The second booth was offering the "Bread of Life." Jesus said that He is the Bread of Life and that if we eat of his flesh and drink of his blood, that we will have eternal life. What He meant was if we accepted His sacrifice of dying on the cross for all of our sins, believe that what He says is true and ask Him into our hearts, that we will be born again and never die. Meaning that we will live eternally with Him in Heaven once we physically die. Jesus speaks to people through other people and that woman in your dream shared Jesus with you.

I don't know if you're a Christian, that's why I gave you so much background info, but if you are not a Christian, this dream is telling you that Jesus will send people your way to share with you His love and His life giving bread. He wants you to accept Him into your heart and make Him King in your life. You just have to ask Him to come in, forgive you, and make you new again.

If you ARE a Christian, I believe this dream means "Pass it on!" Pass on the good news that Jesus took on the pain of the world so that He could have all of us back up in Heaven with Him someday if we choose Him. Maybe he wants to send you to a Spanish Speaking country to witness to people as a missionary of some kind. Everybody knows the language of Jesus' love which is why you were laughing in the dream together even if you spoke different languages. I think that any way you look at it, this was a beautiful dream! Glory to God!!

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by usemeLord on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:32 am

Amen to Christa's words

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:45 am

Sponsored content