Meaning of my life....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meaning of my life....

Post by gale4912 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:52 am

hi all. here's a dream i had last night. i've done the dream worksheet but am looking for confirmation about it's meaning. thx

i am in a house (don't know whose). i am in a bedroom. in the room sleeping are two other people, one is an adult but i don't see them, just know they are there, the other is my 4 yr old grand daughter. (in real life she is kinda afraid of the dark and does not sleep alone) There is a big breeze blowing through the house.

my granddaughter says she has to go potty so i take her. while in the bathroom i have this sense that there is race going on outside but it is night time and so dark outside and in the house. i am holding a lit candle.

then my granddaughter walks out of the bedroom thru the living room into the 2nd bedroom, and goes to sleep. (she would NOT do this in reality) I am aware that this is unusual and am proud of her for her courage.

now i have this weird thought in the dream. i have the sense that the candle will be put out by my string(?) if i am in bedroom 2. (the atmosphere of this dream is in no way frightening)

i get up to walk out of bedroom 1 and someone says "it's not as dark as usual" but i'm thinking it is as dark as always in the house. so i go through the livingroom into a short hallway and flick on a soft light so i can see. i go into bedroom 2 and i hear my granddaughter sleeping quietly. there are 2 beds in the room. i go to the other bed and turn on the light.

i wake up.

( the dream sheet says to consider what i've been praying about. i am a counselor by training and have worked in that field off and on for nearly 30 years. a few years ago i took a job as an administrator and have this feeling sometimes that i sold out--gave up who i am to get a good salary. so i've been praying for God's direction about my career and in general what i am to do with the rest of my time here on earth.)

thx for your prayerful thoughts.

gale4912

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of my life....

Post by sunshine2 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:54 am

To me in this dream your granddaughter represents overcoming fear. Is there something in your life where you feel like you have fear that has been holding you back? YOur granddaughter here would represent to me how it looks when fear is overcome.

Bedrooms are symbolic of intimacy or rest.

Bathrooms are symbolic of a place of cleansing

YOur granddaughter going into bedroom 2 is symbolic to me of you overcoming your fear and stepping into something new. You were proud of her in the dream. The other part of you is apprehensive of going into bedroom 2 because you're worried about your "light" being put out. Like once you got in there you wouldn't be able to see...you would be "left in the dark" so to speak. To me that speaks of worry about feeling helpless. Going through the hallway (place of transition) to get to bedroom 2 feels like the resolution to this dream. Bedroom 2 is representative to me of a place of overcoming fear and being in a new level of faith. There will be some cleansing and a little transition to get there but I feel like what the Lord has for you there is complete rest and peace. Short hallway....the transition will be short.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

wow!

Post by gale4912 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:38 am

thank you for your thoughts sunshine. i receive this as i have been feeling held back by my husband bc of issues of trust so i have kept myself close by, kinda watching him. i think he is likely the one sleeping in the first bedroom and i've been afraid to give him space but in this dream i am leaving that place of fear, and it is kinda scary bc i know God will take care of me (he always has) but it is kinda hard to walk into a place in which you can't see what is before you.

the other possibility is of my transition into new work, as i have been praying about this. it would be seminars and i haven't done those for a long time so i'm definitely a little concerned about being unsuccessful.

i truly felt wonderful watching my granddaughter walk through the house completely unafraid and peacefully drift off to sleep in a dark room. i think you're right. it was me, realizing that i, too, could make that journey and be safe. usually in my dreams if my grandkids or kids are there i feel a strong need to protect them; in this dream it was as though she was silently saying "follow me".

i love the bathroom representing cleansing. that would mean that prior to the journey there had to be a cleansing. i will be watching to see how this dream plays out in my life.

thank you again.

gale4912

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:58 pm

You're so welcome :) I'm glad it meant something to you!

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top