Damascus.............

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Damascus.............

Post by reepromotions on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:32 am

I greet you all my brothers and sisters in Jesus name.

I had a vision of a name "Damascus"; I know that it is a city in the bible but I don't know what it meant to me. If would appreciate a word or interpretation on this.

praiseGod

reepromotions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Damascus.............

Post by usemeLord on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:51 am

The first thought is Saul (renamed Paul) on road to Damascus

Acts 22. 6
  • "About noon as I came near Damascus, suddenly a bright light from heaven flashed around me.

• I fell to the ground and heard a voice say to me, 'Saul! Saul! Why do you persecute me?'

• " 'Who are you, Lord?' I asked. " 'I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting,' he replied.

• My companions saw the light, but they did not understand the voice of him who was speaking to me.

• " 'What shall I do, Lord?' I asked. " 'Get up,' the Lord said, 'and go into Damascus. There you will be told all that you have been assigned to do.'

• My companions led me by the hand into Damascus, because the brilliance of the light had blinded me.

• "A man named Ananias came to see me. He was a devout observer of the law and highly respected by all the Jews living there.

• He stood beside me and said, 'Brother Saul, receive your sight!' And at that very moment I was able to see him.

• "Then he said: 'The God of our fathers has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from his mouth.

• You will be his witness to all men of what you have seen and heard.

• And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reepromotions on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:13 am

Thanks UsemeLord,

I will definitely pray about this and another thing is next month I will be enrolling at Tyrannus Bible School at our church and I can't wait for that.

:PTL:

reepromotions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:43 am

Damascus is the capital of modern day Syria.

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761569233/syria.html

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761571653/damascus.html

Last edited by butterfly on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total

butterfly
    Mighty Member
    Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reepromotions on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:59 am

Thanks Butterfly.

reepromotions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:06 pm

There is always something happening in Damascus,something historic.It is a place of turning point.

Now let us see in
    Acts 22 we see a turning point in sauls life,he receives grace and Anania calls him "brother" a name he would not have been called otherwise.He again receives the holyghost and start preaching Jesus as Lord in the synagues of city of Damascus.All these encounters marks a turning point in Pauls life.

In 1st kings 19

The lord commmands Elijah to go to the Desert of Damascus to annoint three offices one for Jehu,Elisha and Hazael,Thus Baal is destroyed.Again it marks a turning point from Baal in Israel.All the three individual had God elavating them in Damascus,a turning point in their life.

1st kings 19-15 The LORD said to him, "Go back the way you came, and go to the Desert of Damascus. When you get there, anoint Hazael king over Aram. 16 Also, anoint Jehu son of Nimshi king over Israel, and anoint Elisha son of Shaphat from Abel Meholah to succeed you as prophet. 17 Jehu will put to death any who escape the sword of Hazael, and Elisha will put to death any who escape the sword of Jehu. 18 Yet I reserve seven thousand in Israel—all whose knees have not bowed down to Baal and all whose mouths have not kissed him."

2nd kings8-7 Elisha went to Damascus, and Ben-Hadad king of Aram was ill. When the king was told, "The man of God has come all the way up here," 8 he said to Hazael, "Take a gift with you and go to meet the man of God. Consult the LORD through him; ask him, 'Will I recover from this illness?' "
    9 Hazael went to meet Elisha, taking with him as a gift forty camel-loads of all the finest wares of Damascus. He went in and stood before him, and said, "Your son Ben-Hadad king of Aram has sent me to ask, 'Will I recover from this illness?' "
    10 Elisha answered, "Go and say to him, 'You will certainly recover'; but [a] the LORD has revealed to me that he will in fact die." 11 He stared at him with a fixed gaze until Hazael felt ashamed. Then the man of God began to weep.
    12 "Why is my lord weeping?" asked Hazael.
    "Because I know the harm you will do to the Israelites," he answered. "You will set fire to their fortified places, kill their young men with the sword, dash their little children to the ground, and rip open their pregnant women."
    13 Hazael said, "How could your servant, a mere dog, accomplish such a feat?"
    "The LORD has shown me that you will become king of Aram," answered Elisha.
    14 Then Hazael left Elisha and returned to his master. When Ben-Hadad asked, "What did Elisha say to you?" Hazael replied, "He told me that you would certainly recover." 15 But the next day he took a thick cloth, soaked it in water and spread it over the king's face, so that he died. Then Hazael succeeded him as king.

May the Lord,
    Create a turning point in your life, Sister Damascus is a place of revelation and knowing what to do with a revelation will create a turning point in your life.

are you in Damascus.

pray on what I say

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reepromotions on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:29 am

Thanks Peodhis,

I'm praying on what you have just told me, thank you so much for the enlightment.

No, I'm not in Damascus; I'm in South Africa. God bless you.

reepromotions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:38 am

but you can be in Damascus since I explained the spiritual meaning of it.

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:01 am

Peter is right, as well as the other's textually I am in agreement. Many things did happen in Damascus. It seems that you are about to intersect with destiny, like Paul was intercepted by God through Ananias (or vice versa). One event in someone's life can be the catayst for a whole new era. IE, Saul on the road to Damascus, saw the Lord and was named an Apostle to the Gentiles. The church was impacted tremendously. All these people mentioned worked in the prophetic, and God spoke through them through dreams and visions, revealing things to them before He brought them to pass. Even Abraham the Syrian was called in this way.

HisLightbeam
    Mighty Member
    Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:24 pm

well,sister
    one moment with God can really change a lot.I gree with all of us.

thanks

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reepromotions on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:26 am

Praise the Lord, He who strengthens me.

I'm in agreement with all of you, thanks. At this point in my life, I'm so happy and I can feel that I'm walking with God all the time and things are just happening for me. Today I'm going for an interview and I hope in Jesus name I get the job if it's God's will. Next month I'm enrolling at the Bible School and I'm looking forward to the journey with God. praying

:PTL:

reepromotions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:19 am

May the Lord qualifies you to a chieve your heart's desire.Tell us what unfolds next.

Be blessed.

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reepromotions on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:08 am

Thank you Peodhis, I will definitely keep you in the loop. God bless you.

praiseGod

reepromotions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top