Did God talk to me?? Yonnie?? Demo Tapes??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Did God talk to me?? Yonnie?? Demo Tapes??

Post by Lori on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:57 pm

I had this dream last night/early morning, it's seems pretty straight forward but wanted to get some other thoughts to see if they match mine. Thank you!

Dream: I was at church, except the church had theater seating but I could tell it was my church. I was sitting on the end seat, and we were all clapping. Apparently we were getting ready for some announcement/honoring Yonnie. As were clapping my Pastor (who is a very wonderful man of God) is walking up to the podium, he stops when he gets to me and says, something like in reference to me changing (about my personality, but it's a good thing - but I can't remember exactly what he said), I was kinda like yes (but in a meek shy way, which is not my normal personality), then he says something like it was the music I listened too (he's talking to me like I know what he's talking about, I did in my dream but can't remember the exact words), like all that music, not listening to it made a difference. I was thinking to myself when he said this, that's true, I haven't really listened to normal secular music since I had my daughter (2yrs ago) I normally listen to kids music or Christian (though I always listened to Christian music). While my pastor is talking to me I know he's going up to honor Yonnie (for what I don't know and I don't listen to him don't know if I ever have & I never saw Yonnie in the dream), I also think I thought to myself in my dream that was weird because I remember reading TrueFlights dream he had w/Yonnie, and my Pastor is holding a bouquet of yellow roses he is going to give to Yonnie. I remember thinking they were beautiful (yellow roses are my favorite flower IRL). Then my Pastor says to me I got your demo tapes. Then I wake up.

Some additional info: I don't get the whole Yonnie thing, normally I would dismiss this as just a thought played out in my dream because I read Trueflight's dream that had Yonnie in it, but the rest of the dream I believe is from God, and not just my thoughts playing out in a dream. Before I had my daughter I listened to normal secular music, I say it that way, not that it's all good or OK, I just listened to music on the radio, but it wasn't dark music (or what we would normally think as bad to listen too), probably what a lot of Christians listen too (again not saying it's ok) as well at Christian music. I realize we have to be careful of what we listened to, but since I haven't listed to secular music in over 2yrs I obviously haven't been thinking about it or thinking it had anything to do w/the past - so I thought that was interesting to be pointed out. The demo tapes I gave to my Pastor God was weird to me, IRL I don't sing, except in the house, I'm not a good singer, it's not a talent of mine; however I always wanted to be a singer since I was a little girl, as I got older and realized Oops - I can't sing lol! , but I have asked God if I could sing for him when I get to heaven, but w/a beautiful voice.

Thank you, Be blessed! Flower Power

Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Did God talk to me?? Yonnie?? Demo Tapes??

Post by sunshine2 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:02 pm

I believe this could be an intercession dream for Yanni. Just the fact that your pastor was going to honor him and give him yellow roses. Yellow roses symbolize friendship. To me that seems like God reaching out to him.

Also, I just read on wikipedia that Yanni is a self taught artist and composer with no formal training. I found that interesting since you have always wanted to sing but never felt like you could. The pastor saying he got your demo tapes speaks to me of you stepping out into things that you have wanted to do despite being fearful/not confident in your ability to do them.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:43 am

Yonnie is the only down to earth musician I know. I was thrown for a loop when he went new age. Maybe he is ready to find Jesus?

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:09 am

perhaps this is a dream of encouragement and acknowlegment of your efforts to grow in Jesus? You are changing which is what we should all be doing it seems and the fact that he is holding your favourite flowers for someone else may mean you will receive the same reward as the singer?

Hope I am on the right track.....

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:49 am

These are very interesting responses to me. I have been praying for clarity on this dream, but nothing yet. Clearly the dream is all about music; Yonnie's a musician, I'm not listening to secular music, and demo tapes are music/signing too! But I'm not sure how it all ties together.

Maybe he is a friend (got saved) of God since he was going to receive the flowers, in the dream it was that it's already done, since he was about to receive the flowers?? Though I did find it interesting I didn't seem him in the dream. Would it be intercession since it was positive that he would receive the flowers, it wasn't of question of if or when he was getting them. Just some questions/thoughts?

The part that stood out to me was my changing and it's acknowlegment, which I did take as encouragement, so I do agree w/you clairephillipia. That would be wonderful to receive the same thing (the roses), I did look at the flowers, and wanted them very much in my dream.

As far as the demo tapes, I'm still not sure w/that. I thought maybe it symbolized that God got my request (prayer)to sing for him in heaven. There was nothing said after that, just that he got them. I don't think it's literally since I can't sing. I say that not because I can sing or don't think I'm the best, in all honesty I would hurt ears if I did, and be booed off stage lol! if I ever sang in public. It would be a miracle if I were to sing and it sounded good..he he! But sunshine I will think more on what you said about me stepping out, I'm not fearful of stepping out in something, I just don't know what that would be. I'm confident singing isn't it but what else it could be I will have to pray on as I don't know what.

Thank you all for your responses, it has given me a different angel to look at this dream, which I needed. Sometimes I have a tendency to zone into one area, and not look at the whole dream.

I will continue to pray on the interp. and pray for Yonnie. Overall I did think this was a positive dream. If you see or think of anything else I'm all ears.

God bless you all! You are so much appreciated! Flower Power

Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:31 am

I think I'm starting to see something here.
There is a spirit of perversion in the worship of churches, a lot of the songs they sing aren't praise or worship songs
So in a sense they are very good and talented songs given to us by God, but there place is not at the alter of praise and worship for God.
I know this to be true in my church and I have been praying about it.
So by the church honoring Yonnie, it is Gods way of saying you are accepting music that doesn't edify God.
Yonnie's gift's were given to him by God too.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:31 pm

I,m thinking my dream is showing the same thing.
The type of music is steeling from my wife, a greater relationship with God

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:24 pm

Trueflight, thank you for responding again; I hear where you are coming from w/some churches not signing songs that edify God. However I can't say that is the case w/my church. I do know they try to keep on top of this, as this is something they watch. Unless I'm misunderstanding what your saying?

I think the other thing that is weird for me, is that I really don't know anything about Yonnie, if I ever heard a song of his I couldn't tell you that I had. As far as I go, in my dream the Pastor (God perhaps) tells me I changed for the positive, so I don't know how that would translate to me accepting music that doesn't edify God. Again, unless I'm misunderstanding? As of today I listen to mainly children's music, some of it it christian children's music, but a lot of it is the typical kid songs; the wheels on the bus go round, ABC's, etc. So I can't imagine that's is an issue, the other music I listen to is Christian, and I'm careful that the songs do edify God.

I'm not dismissing what you said, I guess it's just no registering in my spirit. But I will continue to pray on this, as this too as given me something to think about/pray on. Thank you, I do appreciate your thoughts!

I'm still thinking

Any other thoughts are welcome as well!

Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:13 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top