Tornadoes & Hurricanes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tornadoes & Hurricanes

Post by str82heart on Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:54 pm

First Dream:

I am driving up a winding country road with pastureland on each side of me and a red barn on the right (a lot like east TN where I was born). I notice debris kicking up and see a tornado has touched down in the horizon. I remembered to never stay in a car during a tornado, so I got into the ditch next to the barn. I was digging very hard, trying to get in deeper before the tornado got near me. As I was frantically digging, a black dog ran over me and vomited on me and I woke up.

Second Dream:

The second dream was either a week later or a month later but it picked up almost EXACTLY where it left off! It started with me being in the barn-not the ditch. In the dream, I kept thinking to myself, ‘Hey, this is that same dream I had!’ Anyway, the barn had two window openings. On the right, I saw the tornado in a distance and felt safe because I was in the barn. But, then I looked to my left out that window and saw another tornado and fear struck me and I woke up.

Third Dream:

The third dream came a year or so later. I was in my bed sleeping. In my dream, I was in the same EXACT room and bed. I heard wind blowing and it woke me up (in my dream). I went to my window to shut it since the wind was kicking up and blowing the curtains. But, when I got to the window, I was in shock. It was as if I were in the eye of a MASSIVE hurricane or tempest. I saw snow, rain, hail, wind, sunshine, lightening-EVERYTHING twirling around and around! It was VERY frightening! I quickly shut the window only to look up and see that I didn’t have a roof and was totally exposed. Then, I really woke (in the same bed & room I had the dream in) in fear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would like to add some thoughts on these as well. The first dream had a dog and vomit which reminds me of the scripture about as a dog returns to his own vomit, so a fool returns to his own folly. (Proverbs 26:11). The last dream with no roof may be lack of a 'covering'? Just some thoughts but I'm not sure?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A friend made a good point that I needed to be fully 'covered' with the 'Armor of God' then nothing can pentrate through no matter what comes against me! Ephesians 6: 6-18:

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. :yes: Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. :book: And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. praying :clap:

Last edited by str82heart on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more thoughts)

str82heart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tornadoes & Hurricanes

Post by usemeLord on Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:11 am

Tornadoes in my dreams usually is a tornado in life, (ie dream of neighbors house getting hit by tornado, the next day she had a small fire in the kitchen with all the firemen there). She is right on the armor of God. and also you digging that could be digging in the word of God.

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:41 am

The first dream where you saw the tornado debris and the dog vomited on you...that to me is showing you an attack of words that either has already happened, or may be to come. Vomitting to me is a sign of verbal overflow, and it came from a dog, so God is revealing that while it is coming through a person, it is demonically inspired. I think the tornado is a symbol for the attack that's coming, and then God reveals how it's coming with the dog and the vomit. (Proverb 23:8, "The morsel which thou hast eaten shalt thou vomit up, and lose thy sweet words.") The scripture about the dog returning to his vomit doesn't seem to apply to the context of this dream as the dog wasn't returning to the vomit, he was vomiting and running along his merry way. Just something to consider....

Since you had these dreams so far apart, they may not even be revealing the same incident.

I agree with you about the roof -- any time I see a roof leaking, or missing in my dream, it always has to do with a lack of covering. I would go to Psalm 91 and start speaking the protection of God over my life and the things that concern me. You've had several of these dreams now, and I would take them very seriously. Every time I have a dream about a storm of some kind, it always symbolizes an actual storm of life (sometimes a physical storm, but most of the time a spiritual storm). Even though I would take this seriously, I would not allow fear to come in. Fear is not from God, and He would not have you be afraid. (2 Timothy 1:7: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.) God warns us so that we can pray and change the outcome too. You can change things in prayer, and that's exactly what I would begin to do. Just some thoughts....

Back to top Go down

Post by str82heart on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:36 pm

Wow! Thank you! I will definitely be praying and meditating on this. You are right about the dog and the vomit. I hadn't thought of it that way. Psalms 91 is definitely an awesome chapter to be decreeing! thumbs

Thanks, again!

str82heart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:08 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top