Keep Dreaming of my Youth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keep Dreaming of my Youth

Post by Daughter of The King87 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:58 pm

I can't really say one dream jumps out, but the same topic keeps jumping out. I am continueing to dream I am in my youth even though I am in my adult body. In the dreams I am so surprised that my parents keep treating like I am a teenager. But I don't speak up and allow people to treat me like a kid. Even in one dream my husband was treating me like I was a teenager. I was a teen in my dreams, but in all of the dreams I know I am not a teen, but go along with everyone who thinks I am a teen. duh
-Thanks Beloveds!
Maria

Daughter of The King87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep Dreaming of my Youth

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:04 pm

Maria
Do you feel like people just keep treating you as if you're inadequate (like you don't know certain things even though you're older and more mature and probably do)? I wonder if you feel like a doormat and God is wanting you to set boundaries and speak up more--not let others take you for granted/take advantage of you? Please pray on what I've said.
Desiree
p.s. Its so nice to see you back on the site. Question: you didn't say anything much after the "yellow house dream". I hope I didn't offend you? what did you think of it.
smooches kiss

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:49 pm

Here's another thought: Could God be asking you/showing you to step it up in your spiritual maturity. For example, in the small group setting or bible studies, are you taking a more laid back approach instead of gearing up for leadership? When it comes time to pray out loud, are you letting someone else do the praying, even though God has been growing you spiritually? I'm not saying this is the absolute interpretation, just throwing out some ideas to chew on.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:11 am

It may be possible that you are afraid to have your 'own voice' your 'own opinions' and you rely on others to direct your life or to 'parent' you

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of The King87 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:37 pm

Desiree,
I wasn't offended. I got very busy with work. I am a school adminstrator and August is a very busy time as we prepare for school to begin. You said many things I took to heart. I wasn't offended. I just put alot things on the back burner for a while.
I am the baby of the family. My husband is 12 years older than me. People have always tried to "do" things for me. I have alwayrs tried to prove myself. I am kinda of the "big mouth". Cause as the baby, I always felt like I had roar the loudest to be hear. The boundies is something that really jumped out at me. I have just reevaluated a friendship I have. I realized I didn't have the boundies this friendship needed.to continue. I was having all of those dreams when I was in the mist of the turmoil of deciding to end the friendship or reevaluate it. I don't do well with boundies. So that makes sense. Thanks for your insight. This site truly has been a blessing to go to!
Blessings My Beloveds!
-Maria

Daughter of The King87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:30 pm

whew!! I feel better!lol...I am so glad that what I said ministered to you! As one who didn't have much boundaries before, I would say 'setting some' is the best thing you can do!!! Blessins and much love on top!!lol kiss huggins
Desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:47 pm

I think that this dream has to do with the way you feel that people around you are treating you. In your dream and in real life you are an adult. But in your dream you feel like a teenager and people are constantly treating you as such. Perhaps in real life you subconsciously feel that people are not giving you the respect you deserve and are not taking you seriously at all. You perhaps feel that people are treating you like a child or an immature teen and not really treating you like an adult. It could be as well that you feel that people are not given you responsibilities or tasks that you feel that you are well able to handle and as a result feel that you are being treated unfairly and undeservedly. The best way to overcome these feelings is to assess yourself honestly and see if you perhaps maybe giving people the impression unknowingly that you are not mature as you are. Perhaps you can ask an honest opinion from a close family member or friend. If you know for a fact that you are not given that impression perhaps it is time to talk with those persons who you feel are not treating you right and tell them calmly how you really feel about how they are treating you and that you are an adult and as such deserve to be treated like one and with respect. Be nice, remain calm, but be honest with them. Take care!!!

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of The King87 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 am

I have been thinking about whatever one has said. Something has come up that I didn't think of before. My husband is 13 years older than me. We are friends with people his age and older. I can honestly say I don't have friends my age. When we are all together I am always the youngest one and usually have no idea about the type of music they listen to or TV shows. Often when I give my opinion it isn't taken as seriouly as on of the other people around. humm...several of the times....I am right....hehehehe!!! rofl

Daughter of The King87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top