Possible Manifestation: Prison Ministry

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible Manifestation: Prison Ministry

Post by Paul RT on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:03 pm

I was involved with a prison ministry, teaching woodwork repairs and filling gaps with glue on furniture, then being involved in fundraising event with women’s fashion.
I was also discussing overseas mission with someone.

Last edited by Paul RT on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Possible manifestation)

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible Manifestation: Prison Ministry

Post by Palmira Gutierrez on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:05 pm

Are you currently involved in ministry?

Palmira Gutierrez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:31 pm

Hi Palmira

For some years I have been involved in leadership in my local church, having finished my last term as Church Secretary late last year.

I have also taken up a new paid position in assisting long term unemployed people to find sustainable employment

I am currently seeking confirmation from the Lord about the next ministry He wants me to take on.

I'd value your prayers abut this

In His Precious Name

Paul

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi Palmira

For some years I have been involved in leadership in my local church, having finished my last term as Church Secretary late last year.

I have also taken up a new paid position in assisting long term unemployed people to find sustainable employment

I am currently seeking confirmation from the Lord about the next ministry He wants me to take on.

I'd value your prayers abut this

In His Precious Name

Paul

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Palmira Gutierrez on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Perhaps your answer was within this dream. Prison ministry, missionary work and so many other things.

May the Lord make you into a Mighty Man of God.

Keep seeking Him for revelation and keep a record of your dreams. His answer could very much lie within them.

God Bless You. I believe you have a wonderful destiny ahead of you.

Palmira Gutierrez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Thanks Palmira :thankyou:

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:41 am

I just want to give three possible interpretations for the three (number of confirmation) tasks that you were doing.

1. Prison ministry- deliverance ministry, ministering to the hurt and suffering and leading them to freedom

2. Wood working- you were not only "filling in gaps", you were teaching others the skill. I believe this speaks of a teaching ministry bridging gaps for others and giving an easier more "simple" path to Christianity than has been there before. I believe the glue that fills the gaps is love. Love bridges every gap.

3. Fundraising for a fashion event- this could speak of a role that you would play in supporting and "raising support" to see women released into their place in the body. Women are beginning to walk in who they are called to be now, but we need the men's support or we won't get there!

These are my thoughts. Hope something ministers to you :)

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Thanks Sunshine

I have been previously involved in a prison ministry in my paid work, which has since petered out.
My current paid work involves coaching other colleagues from my long experience in helping long term unemployed to find jobs. The "glue of love" sounds applicable though.
In our church my wife was recently nominated for the position of Secretary which I previously filled. Through gossip and lobbying she failed to get elected by 1% of the votes. I have been encouraging the leadership to reconsider this result, and one of the women on the team wants to again nominate her for this position. Could be the meaning too.

Thanks for your interest Sunshine.

In His Precious Name

Paul

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:29 pm

Further possible manifestation:
In April 2012 I encountered someone whom I knew from a past job at the front of the local jail.
She informed me that the organisation had unsuccessfully tried to recruit a Manager in March 2012, and suggested that I apply.
I gave her my resume and was the only new candidate, and commenced work for the local Prisoners Aid organisation in May.
This has developed into a ministry which includes interviewing prisoners about to be released, and connecting them to community resources with the aim of minimising the risk of reincarceration.
I am working closely with the local, court Corrections authorities and police and appear to be keeping them happy, plus very few of my clients have reoffended since release.
There are both male and female prisoners in the jail - which I understand is unique in Australia.

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top