Eating cake and hiding from fathers nakedness

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eating cake and hiding from fathers nakedness

Post by  on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:22 pm

had a series of dreams, but only 2 come to mind.

In the first dream my friends spent a lot of time preparing a four tiered really cool cake,can remember there was so much effort put into the preparation, and they all waited for me to take the first bite thumbs , i remember feeling very happy, even when i woke up.

The second dream mmy father was in a room, and i knew he was naked, he wanted me to do something and seemed not to be aware of his nakedness, my brother told me to hide my face when my dad was coming out and i did that.

Any interpretation on both counts?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eating cake and hiding from fathers nakedness

Post by usemeLord on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:00 am

• These scriptures come to mind

• Genesis 3:7

Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
  • Genesis 3:10

He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."
  • Genesis 3:11

And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:49 am

Hi Temi, the first dream seems really positive. The cake in this context seems like it is symbolic of a treat. Your friends took great detail in preparing it. Jesus is the ULTIMATE friend -- a friend that sticks closer than a brother (Proverb:18:24: "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.") Could God be showing you that He has prepared for you a multi-layered, multi-faceted gift? He has made this just for you, and with you in mind. You know the Word of God says that those who diligently seek Him will be rewarded. (Hebrews 11:6, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.") This dream seems to be an encouragement from the Lord that while you've been seeking Him and fighting the good fight of faith, He wants you to be encouraged that He has prepared a reward just for you! What an awesome dream!

The second dream -- How did you feel about your father being naked in the dream? God is completely open to us. He is not wanting to hide Himself from us, but sometimes we do not feel worthy to be in His presence. I don't know if that's what's happening here. If you'll tell me how you felt towards your father in the dream, that might unlock it for us!!!

Blessings!!!!

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:15 am

The naked part, how did i feel? well i felt a bit embarrased,and turned my face away,then when my dad called me in and asked me to do something, i refused to come in because he was naked, then he left to another room, still totally unselfconsious.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:30 am

Well, do you feel that you may be hiding from God in some area? Maybe you don't feel worthy to be in His presence of to receive the things He has for you? He is completely exposing Himself to you and you are uncomfortable with the openness maybe? How have you been feeling towards God lately?

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:39 am

I am fighting the battle of faith, i sinned on saturday and spent a long time seeking forgiveness untill God practically screamed out Gal 5:18. But i'm reading the whole book of Mathew now and just trying to build up my faith.

It shakes, but God knows i love him, but my constant doubt shows i don't REALLY know Him.

What made you link the father to God the father?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:50 pm

Well...the father actually doesn't HAVE to be God the Father. If there is something currently going on with your earthly dad, then it could be about him too, or it could even be a symbol for a pastor or someone that you view as a father. I just linked it that way for 2 reasons. (1) Usually in my dreams my dad represents God the Father. If it's not God that is symbolized it is usually clear to me by the "content" of the dream that it is literally my dad, or someone else. (2) I know you've been dealing with a lot of stuff, and it just seemed to fit.

Some other things I just want you to think about. There is never any reason for you to "spend a long time seeking forgiveness over anything. When you tell God about a sin, even when you comit the sin, is NOT when God finds out about it. He already knew we would fail, that's why we needed a Savior. If we were able to do it on our own, we wouldn't need Him. But, when we repent and confess that sin to God, we LITERALLY get rid of it. And, God's word says that He is faithful and just to forgive us and CLEANSE us of all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.") I think it pleases God when we just take Him at His Word that when we repent, He forgives us, and move forward. That's faith in action. I'm not saying any of this to condemn you. On the contrary, I want to encourage you so that you don't feel like you have to beat yourself up and after you've beaten yourself up enough, then you might be worthy of forgiveness. It's simple, we can never be worthy and never be good enough on our own. But, we're not on our own. We're IN HIM!!!! Thank God!

I do believe that second dream is showing you that God was right there revealing Himself to you, and you were not receiving Him because you didn't feel "worthy". God is so awesome AND you have such a precious heart, Temi. Don't ever allow anything/anyone to condemn you. You are the very righteousness of God in Christ Jesus AND THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WAY YOU FEEL, it's simply the truth!

Love, love and more love to you!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:24 pm

Thanks Ssandra, and i do feel it was God revealing himself to me,which was made clear in so many ways. Had another dream early this morning, which i'm abot to post now.

Sandra i'm getting scared.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:40 pm

My earthly dad is my closest friend, no issues with him at all.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by usemeLord on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:01 am

I subscribe to David Wilkerson's daily devotional and he says it perfectly as did Sandra but I thought it was just for you since this one came today. Make sure you read the last 3 paragraphs, most importatnt.

Jesus told this parable, using it as a teaching tool to get across a great truth. In the parable, we see the benefit to man clearly and yet we also see the benefit to God. You see, the parable of the prodigal son is not only about forgiveness of a lost man. Even more so, it is about the delight of the father who runs after him.

You know the story. A young man took his portion of his fathers inheritance and squandered it on riotous living. He ended up broken, ruined in health and spirit, and at his lowest point he decided to return to his father. Scripture tells us, “He arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him” (Luke 15:20).

Note that nothing hindered this fathers forgiveness of the young man. There was nothing this boy had to do, not even to confess his sins because the father had already made provision for reconciliation. Indeed, it happened all by the fathers initiative: he ran to his son and embraced him as soon as he saw the boy coming up the road. The truth is, forgiveness is never a problem for any loving father. Like-wise, its never a problem with our heavenly Father when he sees a repentant child.

So forgiveness simply is not the issue in this parable. In fact, Jesus makes it clear that it wasnt enough for this prodigal merely to be forgiven. The father didnt embrace his son just to forgive him and let him go his way. No, that father yearned for more than just his sons restoration. He wanted his childs company, his presence, and communion.

Even though the prodigal was forgiven and in favor once more, he still wasnt settled in his fathers house. Only then would the father be satisfied, his joy fulfilled when his son was brought into his company. That is the issue in this parable.

In the father's eyes, the old boy was dead. That son was out of his thoughts completely. Now, in the fathers eyes, this son who had returned home was a new man. And his past would never be brought up again. The father was saying, in essence: As far as Im concerned, the old you is dead. Now, walk with me as a new man. That is my estimation of you. There is no need for you to live under guilt. Dont keep talking about your sin, your unworthiness. The sin problem is settled. Now, come boldly into my presence and partake of my mercy and grace. I delight in you

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:31 am

Thank you, i've settled my repentance with the Father.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Last edited by butterfly on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:29 pm

Thank you butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:46 pm

The point you are missing butterfly is that the my naked father wasn't unaware of my presence, he saw me standing outside and called me.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Last edited by butterfly on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:27 pm

I will thanks, and i think its good pracise to get the Fathers say on our dreams, thanks.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:13 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top