Seeking answers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seeking answers

Post by snikwhite on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:02 am

I had a dream back in June (June 10th) that is still unexplained in my mind. I know that this is not just one of those dreams I can chalk up to bad chinese food, and I want to know what the Lord is speaking to me. I have searched for answers, and in some things, have found some information, but the overall message still eludes me. I'm hoping that you might help.

In my dream, there was a woman, unknown to me, and I was watching her. I was not present in the dream, but was watching, as if watching a movie or television show. The woman was walking through a town, covered in snow, and it was snowing at the time. She walked into a book store, she was the shop keeper. She was reading a book and got into it, making her forget the time. The rest of the town shut down, quickly, I don't know how I knew, but I knew that if the shops weren't shut down by sunset, he would show up. She was still reading her book when he arrived. She was startled by his presence and there was a feeling of ominous dread that came over me and her. She knew she was in trouble, but didn't know what was going to happen. He took her with him to an abandoned warehouse, took her to an upper level and made her remove her clothes. He bound her with rope, one rope for each limb and suspended her from the air. At first she was on her back, then he swung her around so her face was looking at the floor. She only saw a human form, but as she was brutally attacked, I could see the form of who, or what, was attacking her. There was a huge creature, demonic, with either flames from behind him or wings, there was a swirling mass behind him and I cannot distinguish which, he had a basic human anatomy from the waist up, huge arms, hands and biceps but from the waist down, while he had standard male anatomy, he did not have legs...serpents seemed to be his support system, I do not know how many there were, but there were at least 2. She was ravaged and beaten, however, the scars that her body revealed did not match the abuse I witnessed. I had seen skin removed from her body, her flesh torn away from her, hair ripped from her head, broken bones and bite marks...when she was released, she was bruised, but no evidence of the attack I had seen was present. She once again faced the man, and she took her leave.

I woke up with a feeling of ick...not knowing why God had shown me this, and for what purpose. It was vivid. The sexual attack was extremely graphic, there was no elusion, it was in my face. In my research, I was able to find certain definitions, but nothing has brought clarity. When I searched the word "winter" I was led to the name Baal or Typhon, when I researched out Typhon and googled images, I actually saw a close resemblance to the creature I saw attacking this woman, though it was not exact, it had the same general anatomy and the scale was correct, compared to her, he was enormous. The references to bondage are clear, but who is in bondage? what or who does this woman represent? the fact that the scars on the surface are not as deep as the damage I saw made sense to me, for we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, and I took it to mean that when we are in battle, we do not always see the results of such warfare in the physical...but I am left questioning and am hoping that you might be able to shed some light on this dream.

Thank you! Sandy

snikwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seeking answers

Post by RnestseekR on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:47 pm

Sandy - Since this dream happened a couple of months ago, I was just curious if you've been able to use it in your prayer life. Like a catalyst in prayer warrioring (don't know if that's a word or not). Are you a watchman? An intercessor? Could the woman be a representation of a city or community? Something of which you are a part of but not necessarily you. This demonic creature, while looking nothing like the biblical creature, Leviathin, makes me think that perhaps it has been revealed to you specifically so that you can pray against it. However, given it's enormous size, I think this is something that maybe you should stick your neck out there on and take it to whatever prayer groups you may be involved in. In the real world, look in your newspaper for dark things going on in your community - I feeling something along the lines of underground teen parties, attacks on innocence.
The end when the effects of the attack are not evident and the woman walks away is comforting.
As you have done research on the name impressed upon you for this spirit, what is his domain? That is, does he domain over cities, countries, etc. That may help you identify who the woman under attack is. Proceed with caution - this is not an image or dream that many will understand!
In reading back through the dream, it is interesting that the window was open for having time to warn the woman. She was occupied by other things - paying attention to her studies. You were aware that time was short, but there was a time frame that someone could have gotten a warning to her. I think you are in that time period of your dream. PRAY. If you are not familiar with the function of a watchman, get some books on intercessory prayer. Also, do a word study in the old testament on it. If none of that helps, post back, I am sure there are many on this forum who can help you get a grip on what this type of prayer and role are. I am somewhat familiar with it, but am not a watchman so I think someone else would be better qualified to teach you in this area. Report back soon!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:52 pm

Sorry - I didnt explain the Leviathin reference, the thoughts were coming so quickly. I have heard of others who have been shown Leviathin in a vision or a dream. Leviathin must specifically be prayed against. He has territory over towns. When Leviathin leaves, he is like an alligator and as he is leaving, will back whip his tail. The prey is caught off guard thinking the attack is over, however, the tail of an alligator is very powerful. In the testimony that I read, a pastor was shown to pray against Leviathin, but all he kept seeing was the tail of an alligator. He prayed against this tail and after the ordeal was all over understood what I said previously about the tail. Glory to God, the tail whip was minimalized and while it affected a couple of elders in his church, the church came through the ordeal, not only in tact, but stronger than she had been before.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:41 pm

I am still praying over this dream - it gives me a physical reaction! I am feeling like the snakes that support the evil creature are a significant place to target your prayer. Without the snakes, the creature is very limited/not mobile. Obviously, snakes represent lies and deceit, but that doesn't feel like a specific enough interpretation. Satan is the father of lies and deceit, but there seems to be more than that. But it is very noisy here and I feel that I am missing something. Please, when you get a chance, read Genesis when Satan appears to tempt Adam and Eve. See if the Spirit leads in any way on these snakes/serpents.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snikwhite on Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:26 am

As to your questions...am I a watchman or an intercessor? I would not call myself such, though my mother has been called into this ministry. Currently, my calling is that of a writer or scribe and He wakes me, usually at night. He has birthed songs within me, and messages that have been shared, however, I would not be surprised if there were to be a call as a watchman on my life as well.

What is the beasts domain? In greek mythology Typhon was known as a volcano god - he would launch rocks of fire from beneath the mountain at the earth below. I have also read references to him being the keeper of the fierce winds/hurricane. (side note: I live in Florida, so if the hurricane reference is literal, then that might be a reference to pursue).

I will research out the serpent aspect and will pray on what you have shared. I know this dream is not something I can share with everyone...and one of the reasons I am ok to do so here, is the anonymity this forum offers. There aren't a great number of people I could tell this too without them thinking I needed to be institutionalized.

Thank you for your input, and sharing your thoughts.

snikwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snikwhite on Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:33 am

Also, you mentioned attacks on innocence. There have been numerous events in the lives of the youth in my church specifically. A spirit of sexual perversion dominated them last year during school (lesbianism specifically) and while the student who spearheaded this is no longer in attendance, I feel and have felt the lingering effects. I have been in much prayer for them, as have others in my church. So much so that a cleansing has been suggested.

In fact...I had another dream last about the youth of my church. With specific ones taking a lead role. Is this literal or is this figurative? Am I dreaming of these people specifically or am I dreaming of the youth as a whole? Of my church or my town? I must pray on this and seek some more answers.

snikwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snikwhite on Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Also, I have done a lot of research today about the serpents. I have a lot of reading to go over but I think you might be on to something. Will keep you posted.

snikwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:39 pm

Since you are doing all this research, would you mind posting under the SYMBOLS section of the forum all the different things that the serpents could be symbolizing??

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snikwhite on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:37 am

I will definitely post it once I sort through all of it. The ISBE I used had 25 pages on Serpents...I don't think I need to post it all, but I'll hit the high points. I also took several tangents while I was there. Once I get my notes together, I will post on the symbols and will let you know.

(would have done this last night, however, my a/c decided to stop working so my night consisted of ladders and drain pans...never goes QUITE the way you plan it!)

snikwhite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:36 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top