Church shooting - need interpretation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Church shooting - need interpretation

Post by jjp708 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:18 am

Hello all,

I'm new to the group! :clap: Thanks for having me.

So I had this dream last night...

I was walking down the streets with this popular Bishop. He was on his way to church. I remember walking and talking to him and hugging him and just loving on him. I was so happy to be with him. I remember looking around as he was guarded by men in black suits. They were apparently a security team. When we stepped inside the church a man came in and started shooting people. The Bishop and I ducked behind a wall. As the man was shooting people he was calling out for the Bishop, indicating that he was going to continue killing until he came out. I remember feeling nervous for the Bishop. The Bishop then looked at me and told me to stay put. So he stepped from behind the wall and the man shot him in the upper left part of his chest (I remember him feeling for the wound). Amazingly, as he stood there bleeding he was not hurt. He didn't even fall to the ground. Just then one of the guards shot and killed the man. The emergency truck came to take the Bishop to the hospital. As he was leaving, he instructed the guards to take me back to his house. As we paraded back down the streets people were standing outside of their homes (appeared to be a southern city - I live in Michigan) looking at me saying that I was the one walking with Bishop. At this time I felt peaceful knowing that the Bishop was alright.

Please help, this is mind boggling as I never remember my dreams until that have meanings.

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Church shooting - need interpretation

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:11 am

Please prayerfully consider this, as they are just thoughts...The gunman and the shooting could be literal, and God is asking you to pray over a possible literal situation, or they could be symbolic of this bishop coming under attack by "words", possibly even in the media or something like that. It definitely seems like God is showing you things to come as a call to prayer. He was shot "in the heart". That could be literal, or it could be a symbol for a spiritual attack. I would tend to go with the latter, only because he wasn't actually killed, symbolizing that it could be a spiritual attack and that it will turn out "okay." Either way, I do believe it is a call to prayer and that this dream does not seem to be about you, but about this bishop!

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:41 am

Thank you Sandra for your reply. I do believe that this is not about me and more about the bishop. I also beleive that you are really onto something as this bishop is widely known in the media has it's thoughts about him often. I will indeed pray for him and his family.

Thanks so much.

It's kind of weird receiving dreams about others because all my life my dreams have been about me. Do you find it hard to shift the focus off of yourself sometimes?

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:58 am

It is very different. I actually find it easier to pray for myself than for others because they have their own wills involved and oftentimes I have to intercede and stay before God where others are concerned. However, when it comes to myself, I can pray, believe I receive and trust God with it, and move on to other things.

I have also found that when God finds us faithful in one area, He is then able to trust us in others areas. Faithful with little, ruler over much (Matthew 25:21, "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.") Obviously, he has found you faithful in the area of handling the personal dreams and revelations He has given you, and now is now trusting you in bigger areas. What an honor! Glory to God! If you will continue to hold this man before God until you feel a release from God, you will have fulfilled your assignment! One thing I always have to remind myself is that I'm responsible only to pray -- God is responsible for the results!

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:09 am

WOW, that is both an honor and a little scary laugh but if God trust me then who am I to say otherwise. Thanks again for your help. It has been a great revelation.

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:36 am

Ediway has a post in the praying place. I get the feeling the 2 are connected, As far as the Bishop standing up for whats right, and the persecution that is brought on.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:40 am

Thanks True Flight. I'll go there right now and check it out.

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:49 am

ok, I just checked it out. The amazing thing about her plea for prayer is that she indicated that Obama was not her president and that this (USA) is not her country. After I read Sandra's interpretation I kept asking myself why me as this bishop who is very well know in "real life" is not my bishop nor do I belong to his church. I guess what it really boils down to is that we are all part of the spiritual family and time or space is no consideration.

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:51 am

That's exactly right! We are One Body -- regardless of what church we go to. I have found that when God finds someone He can trust, He'll ask them to do all kinds of things that we sometimes don't feel qualified for. But, God is qualified and will do it all through us. We just have to be a willing vessel!

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:53 am

You guys, I'm so grateful to God and you guys for this site. It is so hard to try to explain things to people who don't understand or outright deny the gifts of the spirit. I feel so at home with you guys.

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadams on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:42 pm

ANother thing about this Bishop ( you mentioned his name on another post, but I won't mention it here)...He had a movie out a few years ago and in the movie, someone came into the church and began shooting. I just remember that part of the movie. Also, if you watch him on TV, he has undercover guards/security sitting on the ends of the front row pews. If you watch them closely, they never get into what he's preaching, they are ALWAYS on guard, watching who comes down the aisles. This dream leads me to believe that something like what you have dreamed has either been attempted or threatened.

I know you mentioned in your other post that you felt that the information regarding the Bishop's son is a manifestation of this dream (and it may be so), but I feel in my heart its something bigger than that. Like someone said in your other post, that incident with his son happened a few months ago...this dream you had seems to be something that may happen literally in the future.

Just some thoughts of mine...that's all.

Jadams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:40 am

Thanks Jimmy, I will rule out nothing. I am however lifting him up in prayer.

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:15 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top