Snakes and Tornadoes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Snakes and Tornadoes

Post by Highlyfavored on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:51 am

Two dreams about snakes in 3 weeks

1st dream: I am walking donít know where but with someone I know, who is walking slightly ahead of me. We are walking on a pathway that is covered by trees. I know this because I am looking up through the trees and can see the sunshine through the green leaves above. As I am looking up I notes a VERY large snake wrapped around the branch of a tree. The snake is white with yellow spots. I am trying to get the attention of the person in front of me and pointing at the snake to show them, when all of a sudden a smaller black snake comes from underneath the snake and comes down the tree towards me. I can tell I am a little scared but the snake actually goes through my legs as I walking and its moving fast as if itís running. I could feel it touch my right calf as it passed by trying to get a way. I woke up.

2nd dream: This one is in bits and pieces. The dream starts off with me and my family traveling on vacation I am assuming. Everyone is not there but I can tell we are traveling. We have stopped at a rest stop/gas station. I notice when I enter the gas station it has an area with booths for eating and everyone in this section is looking out the window at something. When I come around and look, there is a lake where the water has receded. I can see a little water and the red clay banks of the lake. I asked what is going on and a lady I donít know said it a tornado sucking all the water out of the lake. She said itís been on the news. I remember looking at the lake and can see a tornado funnel cloud at the far in but the water was clear. I notice no one was moving or trying to get to safety they where just looking out the window. I immediately went to gather my family to get them to safety. However, once I would get one group together. I couldnít find the others. I would put one group in a location to wait while I searched for the others. I guess I finally found them all and we left the area.

The dream then shift to me being in a house with a gentleman I once dated. It was like I was trying to fit in with the family around but I wasnít pressing the issue. The dream become choppy now, I remember seeing a flower vase with Happy Birthday with a name with a V written in cake frosting on it. The next thing was a man trying to get a baby to go to sleep, I asked if I could take the baby because I could get it to go to sleep but he refused. I knew the man was the son of the gentleman I dated, but I have never seen this man before. When I looked at the man again he was now stroking the head of a snake, like a rattle snake color. I told him to give it to me and he did but it turned into a tan colored drawstring type bag. I took the bag outside and dropped it to the ground, when I did it opened and hundreds of black snakes and large beetles (cockroaches) ran for their life. None ran towards me but a way from me. I was not fearful during this event. When I turn to go back inside the house, I notice a large brown/rust colored snake, about the size of a science fiction snake in a movie trying to hide it self around the house and the bushes on the outside. I donít recognize the house and I the dream shifts.

Now, I am once again with family but only the females of the family, cousins, aunts and mom and we are sitting at a all white picnic table on a all white deck over looking what looks to me to be a beautiful tropical ocean in the background. I remember the conversation at the table was about people dreaming and my cousin said to me that my mom would not let her discuss any dreams that have snakes in them. She then looks at me and said snakes come from the devil. My auntie chimes in and said they do! I woke up.

I am prayfully seeking the Lord on this, something is up....

Highlyfavored

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snakes and Tornadoes

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:44 am

Some thoughts....

First dream...It looks to me like Jesus is the person walking in front of you because He goes before us and prepares the way. (Isaiah 45:2, "I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:") As you're walking down the pathway that God is leading you on you notice (I believe you spiritual discern or see with your spiritual eyes) a snake wrapped around a branch. Trees in scripture many times symbolize people (they symbolize other things too such as growth, but in this context I would think it would be a person). As you properly discern that the enemy is squeezing this person or ministry, or whatever it might be, an attack of the enemy comes aimed directly at you. But because you are with God and on the path that He has led you on, it passes you by and you remain untouched! Very positive!

Second dream -- Again you are observing something. You're with your family (perhaps your church family) and see something that is not right, and you work to get people to safety and you do succeed. Perhaps that is an intercessory prayer project that you are either in the middle of, or will be completing. I honestly don't know what this storm is directed at. Could it be your church family? They're just watching it happen, but no one is going to safety?

Next scene -- the guy you used to date, perhaps this symbolizes something that you used to be involved with spiritually -- maybe a ministry or prayer project. I don't know. But since you don't "know" the person in the dream it does seem to be symbollic. You have been here before so you know how to get this "baby" to sleep, but you are not allowed to help. Then this former thing is now stroking a snake. Well, we know who the snake is! When you get your hands on that thing, it runs in stark terror of you, just like the devil is supposed to do when we resist him. (Jas:4:7: Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.) After this thing is discovered it tries to "hide", but you still know and properly discern that it is there.

The ladies you are with at the end of the dream -- everything is white, everything is pure. To me ladies usually symbolize prophetic ministry and I think the context here bears that out since you're discussing dreams. They don't want people discussing the devil???? Is there anything that has come up like that where you feel that a particular prophetic group of people has a problem with discussing the enemy and exposing his works? Just thoughts.... Please pray on these things. I don't have an interpretation, just thoughts on some things that stood out in the dream. I know that God will open this up to you, though, as you seek Him!

Back to top Go down

Confirmation

Post by Highlyfavored on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:46 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I too notice that I am the one who is seeing, protecting and able to handle the snakes with out fear. One of the things that really stuck out to me was the fact that the person gave me the snake and when I went out side it turned into hundreds of snakes. I wonder if though something God has for me to do that many will be delivered. Just a thought. I will continue to pray and ask God to help me understand for His Glory!

Highlyfavored

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snakes and Tornadoes

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:24 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top