Wrong Pizza Delivered

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wrong Pizza Delivered

Post by Lori on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:58 pm

Any interps thoughts would be greatly appreciated:

Last night I had this dream: I was at some church event, never been at this place before and I didn't know anyone one there. This place looked like a large room, like maybe the size of two class rooms (rectangular shape). There were desks in in this room, just like a classroom, but I knew it was some kinda church thing/event. I was sitting all the way in the back, at a table by myself. I think I was writing something, then I heard the guy in charge (don't know if he was a pastor or what, young guy like early 20's), calls me over a microphone, he's says Ms. ________ (my maiden name), please come up to the front and get your pizza, I'll pay for it. At this time I notice the light are off, like we were watching a movie or something; When I hear him call me I look to the front and see the pizza guy giving him my pizza, I hurry to go in my purse to get my debit card out to run up and pay for the pizza, but when I look in my purse everything is there but my wallet, so I'm jogging up to the front saying no, I'll pay for the pizza and I just had a feeling the order was wrong, I didn't want this guy to pay for my pizza because I had no cash to pay him back I only had my debit card, but as I'm jogging up there (this is all happening real fast as the room isn't that large) I think to myself I have 20 bucks in my pocket, I see the guy bend down to get money and pay the pizza guy I get up to the front by the guy in charge and the pizza guy, next think I know I have a pizza topping in my hand and I'm eating it but am getting ready/waiting to take the pizza I ordered. The guy in charge hands me my pizza box and it's real small like the the size of a personal pizza. So I say wait this is the wrong thing, I ordered a large pizza the pizza guy (who is a girl), just kinda looks at me, I'm upset because this isn't what I ordered, and kinda feel stuck w/this as I already at some of the toppings, and I said you know I'm kinda ticked here, I called to order this pizza three hours ago, but when I called they said I could only place my order and hour in advance (in this part I don't know if I'm remembering it like I called or if that was how the dream originally started), so I waited to the time I could place my order, and two of place the same order (I knew in my dream that the guy in charge ordered my pizza too) and you still couldn't get it right, the guy in charge says to me well, sh** happens, oh, well just deal w/it, it's not a big deal, course this comment upset me because it's not what I ordered. The pizza girl is looking at me and she is half way out the door and I said you know write down the number I want to talk to the manager, someone in charge, she replies you want me to write you a receipt for a large pizza and you pay for it, like she was confused, I was like What? and woke up. thinking

:huh: - please help w/this, I have a few thoughts of mine, but I wanted to see if I'm way off base here. :thankyou:

Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrong Pizza Delivered

Post by dreamster on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:10 pm

um ill come bak 2 u ,,remind me if i 4get,, lol! D

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:28 pm

Your just after the pizza

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Yeah, maybe I had one too many slices of pizza lately.... lol!

Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:33 pm

im kinda thinkin that ur in a church learning situation,,uve made an investment in something church related,,yr tme/money..and u hav an expectation of something in return,,um u hav an expectation of god 2,,that he will come tru in the desired time frame..[delivery]u r willing 2 pay the price and not hav someone else do it,,u r frustrated that ur not getting wat uve ordered[prayed 4],,,see if this witnesses 2 u,, thumbs D....i didnt see any pizza giveaways??? bandaid

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:47 pm

For you dreamy, all the pizza's you want on me! Yes, it does witness to me crying . Thanks - it really wasn't about pizza. lol!

praiseGod kiss :thankyou:

Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:15 am

um ok :clap: :cute: um tru flgt theres some pizza 4 u if u want it,, rofl happy dance

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:59 am

When I think of pizza I think of variety and choices (you can chose whatever you like on it and how you want it). You paid for something that you didn't get. You were mad because you didn't get what you thought you ordered and even though the pastor was trying to pay for it for you, you didn't want him to. The pizza girl was confused at what was going on.

So I say wait this is the wrong thing, I ordered a large pizza the pizza guy (who is a girl), just kinda looks at me, I'm upset because this isn't what I ordered, and kinda feel stuck w/this as I already at some of the toppings

Is there something in life that you feel "stuck with"--this is not what you ordered at all? This is not what you thought it would be? You were "trying" to pay for the pizza but what you wanted to pay with wasn't there--and it was like you were searching frantically for it but someone else was trying to "take the load off your shoulders" and help you out (possibly God?) but you didn't want him to? It makes me think like this: we ask God for things but even in the midst of that, we don't trust him completely to give us what we've asked for--we want to try to "fix things ourselves" or "Take things into our own hands", when God has already taken care of the situation--we just have to accept it. I wonder if its hard for you to accept people doing things for you--like you feel like you don't deserve the kindness? I understand the pizza is not what you ordered but you didn't pay for it even though you feel like you should or that you "deserve too". The bill is already taken care of. Things can be changed. Who's to say that if you had gotten that "large pizza" that you wouldve been able to handle it anyway? God knows what's best and has your best interest at heart--even though it may not seem like it at first. Let God give you your peace. Stop trying to figure things out and worry. Everything's gonna be okay.

please pray about what I said. Sorry about the sermon! lol!

smooches with love
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:00 pm

p.s. just realized I said almost the same thing as Dreamster here--must be God!!! thumbs

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:34 am

Oh Desi, you couldn't be more spot on! Yes, I feel stuck in life, my exact things I do talk to God about is where I'm at now in life, it is not at all what I wanted (excluding my family, husband & daugther), it's mostly more me and how I see myself and feel emotionally, my exact words to God are I never thought I would grow up to be this - it's not what I ordered. Not the mother or wife part, just everything else, finances, how I see myself, how I feel most days which is lonely and down, guilt for feeling like I have done nothing to serve God at all in my life. I do feel like I don't deserve anything from God, that I hinder my relationship w/him because I'm not doing more. I know this isn't a post your confessions, but these are the things I deal w/almost daily. I know what the bible says about this, I know God loves me, and I try to cast down these negative thoughts and feelings, but it's been daily for over 2 years and it's not easy to deal w/and I grow weak, somtimes I do sulk, I feel like giving up, and calling it quits most of the time because I can't seem to change no matter how hard I pray. But then I get better and I'm ok w/everything, but I still can't seem to change things - not that I want to do it in my own strength, I mean things I actually have to do like go to the gym, do laundry, clean house, balance the check book, read the bible more etc... So even on the days I don't feel doom and gloom there is still the no motivation thing, so everynight I go to bed, probably spend most of my time repenting, just to repeat it all over the next day. That's were I'm stuck, I want to change, I want to be free from this, I have tried to cover all the bases in my prayers but I'm still not getting anywhere. I know there I things I have to give to God, which I try to do. I don't have plan B for most the things I pray about so even if I wanted to do something I can't, I feel I have commited those things to God, but those things still haven't changed, which is mainly how I feel - it's a weird thing to describe because it's not like I want to feel like this, cuz I don't it's like it just is. So I still need help in this area because I'm not sure what the root of this problem is, it's just like it hit me out of the blue a few months after I had my daughter. Though I seem to get better at times it will still come out of the middle of know where, like this week, I was fine, going about my business like ladeda and then WHAM, it hit me like I just fell in a hole - oddly it was the same day of Michael Jackson & Farrah Facets passing, but at that point I hadn't hear about Michael. It took me a day and 1/2 to get out of it, I did more praying and Praising God. And if it's a chemical or hormonal imbalance I have asked God to heal me of this, I don't want to take prescriptions and I don't believe God wouldn't heal me and have me take prescriptions instead - no problem is to big for God, right?! I do have a problem taking/recieving from others, I'm not comfortable w/it - I'm ok w/a birthday present, or if someone gives me something they were gonna throw away, but for example when our money was tight and I couldn't buy groceries my mom did (I didn't ask), I really didn't want her too I felt like she shouldn't have to help support me, and it makes me feel like we are incompetent of taking care of ourselves, like a looser, and there were a few times when God told people to give us money - it was hard to take, again because I felt like we should take care of ourselves - I know God gave my husband his job, so I would've preferred it coming that way. I have learned that God does bless us sometimes not in the way we expect, so I had to repent for feeling that way and Praise God for using people to bless us - it is a testimony for sure!. But I do still prefer to give than recieve, I would rather do things for other people than need other people to do things for me. I would rather bless others because I have been blessed! There are things I think I don't believe God will answer for me, it sounds stupid to say I know, but I do feel like certain things aren't as important to him, and that he will fix other areas first, or not some others at all. And example of that would be my weight, I know we shouldn't be glutens (sp??), and eat junk food all the time but the first thing everyone says when someone isn't happy w/there weight they say go to a gym and eat healtheir, duh! But why would that be to big for God to heal, and that's how I feel about the weight, it's important to me to loose it, and I do want to and try to eat healthy and workout, but that's all done through your own strength, so my weight pray is one I pray but don't think God will answer unless I diet and go to the gym.

What you said is totally what I thought the dream meant, both mr dreamy and yours were confirmations to what I thought.

Sorry for my rambling, but I felt I would share what I'm dealing w/prayers are always welcome!

Thank you both so much, I know God is good all the time and all the time God is Good! I'm very much a work in progress! praiseGod
I just need to let go and really give it to God, and be grateful for all he has done for me, is doing and will do!

And Desi, I welcome sermons all the time! Preach on Sista!

:thankyou: :thankyou: :cmere: huggins

Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:29 am

lol! I know EXACTLY what you're going through--I've been there (I know its shocking right?!!lol) but what I've learned to do (and am learning) is to walk in what I know I am. WHAT DOES GOD SAY ABOUT YOU? It doesn't matter what others think. If you've repented, God has forgiven you. Turn away from whatever it is, and go forth. So what if you mess up--just keep doing better, take it one day at a time (which is all you can do anyway). REalize that just like you want to bless others, people want to bless you so take what they give as "help" not as alterior motives or wanting something in return (if they're true christians they wouldn't want anything back anyway); they want to be blessed to so accept it!!!

As you already know, God loves you! As mentioned: Quit beating yourself up because that's what Satan wants you to do. You're a work in progress and that doesn't happen overnight! You SHALL make it in Jesus name!

Be blessed and you're always welcome in Christ! :clap: kiss
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:57 pm

Desi, your so right!

:thankyou: :thankyou: - God Bless you! :bighug:

Lori