Why Do People Rely on the Prophet and Not God?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why Do People Rely on the Prophet and Not God?

Post by Vile on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:51 pm

Last edited by Vile on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Vile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Do People Rely on the Prophet and Not God?

Post by Change on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:22 am

Vile wrote: I'm off the soap box now.

really? that's good, because there was NO need to make this thread.

just give it up now making this thread about YOU, it's ridiculous.

NOBODY is "pressing" anything.

NOBODY is trying to "choke information out of you..." that's a perspective problem on your part.

out of ALL the people on this site and other sites abroad, YOU are the only person i have ever seen take such self-centered offense at someone's inquiries.

you decided that you were going to be all "cute N' different" and come back with something snide and falsely assumptious like
"Why is it that people ask me what God says without asking Him themselfs?"

c'mon, you and i both know that was unnecessary.

your "bad day" doesn't matter once you decide to act like that.

something tells me this is not the first time you've acted out this way, well i really don't care and you seem very much underqualified for this supposed 'gift' you talk about for these very reasons.

neither me nor anybody else has begged or tried to force you to do anything so stop acting like a victim and learn how to relate to people.

i was done with you, but then i came in here and saw you had made this silly thread.

NOW i'm done.

Change

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:25 am

I am reading this thread asking myself.....How does this edify the church. It would be most appreciated if we could do just that. To berate people because they do not understand all the ways of the Lord is to injure them spiritually. Please, if you have a problem with doing interpretation for some reason, then do not interpret, but please do not criticize people for their lack of understanding. We are all on a different maturity level with the Lord and I believe that each person will grow with the Lord in His perfect timing. We are to help each other grow in the Lord and to set an example of His love for us. This thread is not doing that.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vile on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:29 am

Last edited by Vile on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Vile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:48 am

I think Vile's heart was in the right place but maybe the execution wasn't fully considered. It's like trying to win souls to Christ by telling them "You're going straight to hell if you don't start acting right!" There's no good news in that message, nothing edifying.

At the same time, if we peel back the layers of the message and get back to the core maybe we can state the same message in a way that's going to be received by others and (hopefully) edifying as a result.

Why do people seek out prophets when they have God? Because they believe (or were led to believe) that prophets have a special "connection" to the Lord that they can/will never have. Paul tells us in 1Corinthians 14 that everyone should seek the gift of prophecy, because that gift reaches everyone, thus God can reach more people because He can speak through more people and more people are edified.

Unfortunately, I can't go into more detail as I have to leave to run an errand. I'll try to come back to this topic and edit.

Overall, though I think the answer to Vile is that we send people back to God. God wants to be in relationship with ALL of us. There is no hierarchy with the Lord regarding this although some in the church would love for us to believe there is. I hope I was able to get my point across, again more later... flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:17 pm

I see what you mean Lola. Thanks for bringing into a new light. Vile, so sorry I did not have a clear understanding of what was really being said. Please forgive me.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:09 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top