Ministry troubles?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ministry troubles?

Post by Faith Joy on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:27 am

I was on my way to rehearsal (for a praise and worship band/ministry that I'm a vocalist for) and got a call from Minister Michelle (one of the leaders of the ministry). When I answered, Min. Michelle said that she needed to speak with me because it was urgent. She told me that Min Reggie (her husband who is the leader of the band/ministry) got into some trouble. I asked what kind of trouble. Michelle said that Reggie's "weapon" was found and he would have to serve 19 months in jail and the band/ministry would have to be put on hold until he was released. I got to rehearsal and Min. Michelle then told me that she was worried about Nicole (one of the vocalists). I asked why and she said that the way Nicole was "dressing" was giving Lynnette (another vocalist) a bad influence.

Last edited by Faith Joy on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Faith Joy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ministry troubles?

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:02 am

Sounds to me like God is giving you insight into the ministry that you are involved with. He often will give us insight regarding our areas of influence -- or the things and people we are involved with. I see this is a straight interpretation. I too was involved in my church's music ministry for many years and God would give me dreams about the leaders and the people on the music team so that I could pray. Some things I was able to pray and change. Some things I prayed and people still made bad choices and those warnings came to pass. If it were me, I would be praying specifically for your leader's husband because it seems like he could be involved in something that's about to be revealed and explode and cause him some trouble for a period of time (possibly 19 months). God says in His Word that there is nothing hidden, except that it should be revealed. (Mark 4:22, "For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.
Luke 8:17, "For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.")The Scripture that comes to mind is Galatians 6:7, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." The thing I'm learning right now is that this is the season where God is dealing with His church and preparing for the return of the Lord Jesus Christ. He's not angry and sending judgement out, but there is a spiritual law in effect that what we sow we MUST reap. However, if there is repentance then God has the right to intervene and cause judgment not to come forth. Judgment begins in the House of the Lord. (1 Peter 4:17, "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?") God is preparing His church/His Bride to be holy, and without spot or wrinkle. I know that it is not God's desire that your music minister have to go through a hard time. God is so merciful that He is revealing it to someone ahead of time so that you can pray and affect change so that this will not come to pass. The great thing about prophetic dreams is that they are the prophetic potential. In other words, these things can be changed with prayer. It seems like you have been given an awesome assignment by God! I pray all goes well for you :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Joy on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:08 am

Thank you, sprzano.

If anyone else has anything to add, please do. I'm also interested in knowing what the last part (about Nicole and Lynnette) means.

Faith Joy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:18 am

It looks to me like God is revealing to you that there are some bad "influences" within your music team. It has to do with something that is being "worn" which is just something that you put on -- in other words you choose to do this certain thing. So this could even be an attitude that is being displayed. Many times those attitudes are infectious and will spread throughout a music team. I have seen this firsthand. Are you aware of anything, or have you discerned any behavior firsthand that may have grieved your heart? If not, you might be "watching" for it. Now that it's been revealed to you it may become quite obvious. The people who were used in the dream (Lynette and Nicole) may be the actual people involved, or they may just be examples God used in the dream. Something to pray about!

Back to top Go down

Post by delight68 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:46 am

Hi. Im new here but really enoying the site. God seems to be teaching me about dreams and visions and interpretations, but I just want to say these are my thoughts and not necessarily of the Lord, so please pray as always about them. Having been on the site all day, God has been speaking to me a lot and I have to really agree with the interpretations that have been given here and these are warnings and insights for you to be praying and interceding on. The first that struck me was the leaders, I do not think this is physically into jail, but an imprisonment of the soul of some kind which would cause him as said to be out of the ministry for some time, the word "weapon" keeps hitting me, but I am not sure why, but I keep feeling it is do with words. In respect of Lynette and Nicole I do feel that it is a warning to pray especially for Nicole first that she is being influenced by something coming from Nicole and of course for Nicole too as I dont feel that she is aware of it. But I have a sense of it is pride that is being put on, but pray about that one.

Am very wary of giving you these as Im new here and dont want to put anything on people, so please pray carefully, about all these things as what I have given you seems to be more than interpretation maybe Ive just been on here too long today.
Anyway, God bless, would be interested to know any outcomes, results, if you ever find any.

delight68

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Joy on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:10 pm

I will definitely be in prayer about these matters.

If anyone has anything to add, or a word from the Lord, please feel free to do so.

Thank you, delight68 and sprzano.

Faith Joy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:13 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top