GETTING TIRED AND WONDERING....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GETTING TIRED AND WONDERING....

Post by dreamer7 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:55 pm

people of God,please tell me,does any of you ever get tired of dreaming of the same thing or person and not really knowing what its all about?i cant say i havent prayed about this seriously yet the dreams keep coming without an interpretation..
i have been asking God to take away these dreams of the same person if they are not from Him yet the more i pray,its like the dreams come even more.i desire to walk as one who is wise and not foolish,yet i dont seem to know whats going on.i have even wondered if God has spoken and i havent heard Him...
honestly am feeling bewildered about this now and i need your prayers for God to show me the way out.either He gives me an express answer or if these dreams are not from Him He causes me to forget about them completely.
isnt it scary to keep dreaming of marrying the same person or something along that line yet IRL there is nothing happening between us?i desire to get married in due season and i do not want meaningless dreams(if thats what they are)to cause me to miss my man just because i was busy thinking about another one who is not mine..
some Godly insight and prayers from you all is coveted. praying

in Christ's love and service,
Dreamer 7

dreamer7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GETTING TIRED AND WONDERING....

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:03 pm

Would you mind sharing some of the dreams? I've had a similar situation I have gone through, AND ALL OF THE DREAMS HAVE BEEN FROM GOD!

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:17 pm

ditto.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:13 pm

I was going to ask if you shared them, maybe your to close to the project (so to speak)

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer7 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:23 pm

thank you all for responding.
let me share briefly about these dreams;they are about a certain man with whom i am in minstry in my church and they started late last year.they all seem to be talking about marriage between me and him.so i have wondered what they are about since he is dating someone else-though they had broken up and just got back together sometime in april. and its not like am holding my breath waiting to date him or anything reason being that i have always been afraid of dating men who are popular or in the limelight coz many times they end up being mixed up by many women and i would not want to get hurt in a situation like that.i have also felt like i dont want to want someone who is out of my reach-why should i do that to myself?
to some extent i feel like i have an idea of what it could be and i have prayed about it and felt peace in my heart.it is about relationship and marriage but i still wonder what it has to do with me.i have been very deliberate in avoiding falling for this man lest i get hurt coz as i said earlier,he is in a relationship.maybe the reason am curious about this is because in all the dreams i was very involved-as in-i am the one either preparing to go get married to him or him saying that we are getting married in a certain month.there is also a lot of physical contact like holding hands,him holding on very tightly to my arm and even at some point he kissed me.as i write this,am set to speak to the man in question sometime next week to share what i feel the Lord has laid on my heart-and its nothing like 'the Lord says you are to marry me',rather it is for him to walk in obedience to the Lord and the Lord Himself will give him a wife in due season.my question is;if i believe i have the interpretation/word of what a dream is about,shouldnt it stop coming? since the time i got a word about this,the dreams still come like every night.i dream about this man wearing a certain apparel,and the very next day i meet him wearing the same garment or atleast something in the same colour from the dream.i keep bumping into him at every odd place and its like my sensing of him has become very sharp.i will just be thinking 'so and so is here' and sure enough when i turn or walk,i'll meet him or i'll get on to a bus and at the next stop i look up and who do i see getting on to the same bus?the same man in the dream-its like he's everywhere i look,or it is my imagination.i also wonder if sometimes God gives me dreams about some trivial matters-like the man wearing a certain colour of clothing-so that i can believe He is the one who also gives me the dreams about marriage to this man..
in conclusion,let me say that i am surrendered to the will of God.if He wants for me to marry this guy,then i will do so very gladly.but if this is not from God,i desire that i may close that chapter and walk away.its just been a long and anxious seven months and i just want a clear end to this..
please pray with me some more for wisdom and direction.

*PS:-i hope my explanation above makes sense-am kind of overwhelmed by all this.. thinking

Dreamer 7

dreamer7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:41 pm

Would you feel comfortable posting some of the dreams? Sometimes a marriage just means a union in a dream. It could be a union of many kinds, and without seeing the dream it is very hard to tell if God is actually saying this is the man you are to marry, or if it's something different completely.

I will say this, though, God has not given you a spirit of fear and anything He says you can do, you CAN do. God doesn't look at our ability to be able to carry something out, rather He looks at His ability in us to carry something out and He cannot fail!

As for the "word" you are going to give this man, I would really, really pray about that and get it confirmed by another believer. (Out of the mouths of 2 or 3 witnesses let every word be established. Matthew 18:16) The reason I'm strongly cautioning you is because I have walked with single friends who have had words from God about their husbands, and have taken those words to that man and it did not bode well. In fact, it totally blew up in their faces. Now, I realize you said you weren't going to tell him that you are "the one." However, if this word is from God, God will reveal it through someone else. If you get your hands involved in it now, even if God does reveal it to him later, he may question it because you came to him. Whereas if you say nothing to him, then it just leaves God to do all of the work. I would hate for this to be an Ishmael situation. When Abraham had a word from God that he would bear children, he got tired of waiting and took matters into his own hands and slept with his wife's servant. That resulted in Ishmael, and because of it, we have all this fighting today in the Middle East that never was the will of God. Now, I'm sure your situation would never become anything that big. But you certainly don't want to create a mess that God will have to clean up for you later, especially since it could delay God's plans for you. We wouldn't want that!!!

As for the continuance of dreams after you feel you've gotten interpretations....let me speak from experience. Many times they do STILL keep coming. There are several reasons for this. First, many times God will show you different aspects of the same situation, and even give you updates or status reports. Second, when that thing gets established in your heart you'll begin to have "heart dreams" about it. Heart dreams are just dreams about this going on in your heart. There certainly is a time when dreams will continue to come because we haven't received the message that God has sent. But then too, sometimes we receive the message, but not in full. Sometimes we only get part of the understanding from the dream, and there is more to come. It could be any, or all, of these things. However, God is not in the business of distressing you through dreams. But sometimes God IS trying to change your perspective of certain matters and He will use dreams to do it. Dreams are a great way for God to inject images into our hearts. If he can change the way we see ourselves on the inside, then those things can bring forth into manifestation in our lives. The whole parable of the sower sowing the Word in Mark chapter 4 talk about this.

Anyhow, those are just some thoughts. Would really like to see some dreams.

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer7 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:38 am

hey SprZano.thank you so much for the way you have been concerned about this 'concern' of mine.
ok,i will share the dreams as far as i can remember them and i hope this might shed some light into this situation..

so i go to church with this man who also happens to be the worship director and i also happen to sing in the church's worship team.we have been friends for many years but have never had any romantic inclinations towards each other.the first time i had a dream that i was in this man's house and we were in the kitchen together when he reached forth,held me and kissed me.soon after i woke up very shocked since i was not even thinking about this man in that way.in fact at that time i had been busy praying about another man who i believed that God was leading me to.i didnt take the dream too seriously until i started having more dreams about the same man.in most of the dreams it looked like we were around many people(looked something like church) and the man was always holding on to me.there also seems to be a lot of physical contact,i.e,hugging,holding hands,kissing...
the one that got me thinking was the night i dreamt that a pastor from another church sent a child to ask me for the phone number of this man.as i was walking to get my phone so i could retrieve the number,i bumped into the pastor who had asked for it.i stopped to say hallo and as we were chatting,the man(the one i dream about) appeared and joined us in the conversation.then the pastor from the other church(who is known personally to me) asked us why we were not together because we are meant to be.this man(the one in my dreams) reached forth and held me in a hug saying that 'we are getting married in March' (i dont know which year).in the dream i was a bit puzzled since at that time i had been praying and believing about the other man but in the dream i heard an answer in my heart 'dont worry,God will sort you out'.i have had many others where i dreamt that it was my wedding day and i was preparing to go get married to this man-i couldnt see him in the dream but i could sense it in my heart that it was him i was going to marry.i didnt feel fear,just a sense of excitement.the most recent dream i had;i was crying very bitterly about something in my life that had been destroyed and it was this man who was consoling me.it looked like i was sitting at his feet and leaning on one of his legs..another person appeared in the dream and talked to this my friend then looked at me and gave me a white handkerchief from his pocket(i guess he could see i was crying and i didnt have tissue or anything)
IRL this man is dating another lady who is out of the country.they had broken up but recently got back together.i am not dating anyone but am praying seriously about marriage and i do not want to be hang up on this man lest i miss my blessing(if he's not IT)
Now let me explain the word i felt God has laid in my heart for this man;it came to my attention that this man was abandoned by his mother when he was but a child.he had to be brought up by his father and a step mother and things were not exactly easy.he confesses that he does not have a relationship with his mother at all but is kind of close to his dad.later in life,he has been in two serious relationships that almost culminated in marriage but at the crucial moment the girls left and went abroad and never came back.he is now in the third relationship where the woman has gone abroad.she is supposed to come back soon but we are waiting to see that.so the word i got is that this man will not have a healthy relationship and marriage if he does not forgive and reconcile to his mother because there will always be an issue of trust.it is hard for him to trust women because the first woman who had influence on him(his mother) left him at such a tender age.then given the history of his relations with women,it appears they always leave at some point so it is hard for him to trust a woman.i felt that he needs to address the problem from the root and not just the symptoms.getting into a relationship will not heal his heart and it may end up in more trouble.unless he forgives his mother and reconciles to her,he may not enjoy a healthy marriage.
i get a feeling that my marrying him in the dream could just be symbolic of the fact that i am the one to help him to get to talk to his mother and forgive her so he can enoy the blessing of marriage in due course.the bible does say in Ephesians 6:2 and 3 that 'HONOUR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER....IF YOU HONOUR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER,THINGS WILL GO WELL FOR YOU....(NLT).
My friend has not been honouring his mother and he needs to do so inspite of what she might have done in the past.it is for the Lord to deal with her,not for my friend to do so.the bible does not say that we should honour parents only if they were good to us,it just says to honour them.it doesnt matter what they did or didnt do.so i am prepared to be used of the Lord in this matter,even if it means going with this man to see his mother and to repent and ask for forgiveness so that they may be reconciled.i have prayed for many months about this and this word came just about a month and a half ago and i feel peace in my heart about it so i know it is time for me to speak to my friend.
let me say that even if it turns out that we are to be married,i am willing to be obedient to God's will for this man's and my life since He is the best matchmaker.but that remains to be seen.so i keep waiting on the Lord...prayerfully praying
dreamer 7

dreamer7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer7 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:27 pm

@Sprzano..
i realised that i forgot to tell you how i came to the conclusion that this message is to be shared with my friend.just last sunday i was talking to another sister who shared what they were told in a meeting they had attended the previous day (i was to attend the said meeting but something came up at the last minute and i had to miss).the pastor who spoke to them was talking about the importance of honouring one's parents.how one needs to repent and reconcile to their parents if they have wronged the parents or even been wronged by the parents and they have harboured bitterness and anger towards the parents.the sister said that the pastor farther shared that if one expects to be blessed,and especially in marriage,then they need to honour their parents in this way.
that word just resonated with exactly what i feel God has laid on my heart for this brother.i have carried and prayed about this issue for the last seven months and i believe time has come for it to be shared.
please keep talking with me,i feel encouraged.God bless you! :thankyou:

dreamer7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:14 am

Dramer7, you have to do whatever you feel in your heart God has told you to do, and I support you completely. We all have to do what we do in faith, as unto God, with our whole hearts. And when we do that, God will honor it and make it well with us! I pray all goes well for you and I'm so glad you're encouraged!

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:03 am

Sprzano,
I couldn't of said it any better!!!

When Abraham had a word from God that he would bear children, he got tired of waiting and took matters into his own hands and slept with his wife's servant.
Though you're right about how Ishmael came along, it was actually Sarah that grew impatient with not having her promised child and told Abraham to go to her maidservant. God in turn told Abraham to do as his wife asked:
"Now Sarai, Abram's wife, had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian maidservant named Hagar; so she said to Abram, "The Lord has kept me from having children. God sleep with my maidservant; perhaps I can build a family through her." Abram agreed to what Sarai said. He slept with Hagar and she conceived. When she knew she was pregnant, she began to despise her mistress. Then Sarai said to Abram, "you are responsible for the wrong I'm suffering..."..Then Sarai mistreated Hagar." (Genesis 16:1-2;4-6)

Look at how powerful our influence as women can be (remember Delilah and Samson? Adam and Eve?)!!! If Sarah just had waited a little while longer (instead of taking matters into her own hands) we wouldn't be having (as you suggested sprzano) "fighting in the middle east". Sarah was the one that stepped out of God's will and she blamed her husband for the matter--isn't that just like some of us to not take responsibility for our own actions when something goes against plans?

Dreamer7, I too have had MANY dreams of the same person over and over again and all I can say is to be patient and try to see what God is telling you from this. Also in terms of advice, I would agree that you should fast and pray on the serious decision of whether or not to speak to the man in your church about marriage. If someone is meant for you, nothing or noone can stop it from happening--it will happen in God's timing. Dont try to make it happen. Let things flow and let God direct you--because He will lead you and guide you into all truth. Take this time to get really close to God and more intimate with him and he in turn will show you all you need to know (HE DID IT FOR ME). The dreams that I was having soon became clear and all the answers that I needed were there! God always confirms his word (that's why it is important to get confirmation from two to three people/places). Also I've learned that if you have the same dream in different forms that means that its going to happen. Remember Pharoahs dreams in Genesis 41?:

"Then Joseph said to Pharoah, 'The dreams of Pharaoh are one and the same. God has revealed to Pharaoh what he is about to do [God gave Pharaoh the dreams so that Joseph could interpret them and help the land of Egypt prepare for the coming famine]...The seven good cows are seven years, and the seven good heads of grain are seven years; it is one and the same dream. The seven lean, ugly cows that came up afterward are seven years, and so are the seven worthless heads of grain scorched by the east wind: They are seven years of famine. It is just as I said to Pharoah: God has shown Pharaoh what he is about to do...The reason the dream was given to Pharaoh in two forms is that the matter has been firmly decided by God, and God will do it soon." (Genesis 41: 25-28;32)

Even God confirmed two times to Abraham that the promised child would come: To Abraham personally (Genesis 17:17-19) and with the three visitors coming to him and Sarah's tent (Genesis 18:9-14). Remember how Sarah laughed because she couldn't believe it? Then finally in Genesis 21: "Now the Lord was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did for Sarah what he had promised. Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him." (Genesis 21:1-2)

Don't give up too soon. Just wait on God because he Is a promise Keeper (Joshua 21:45)

Be blessed
desiree (Starpop)

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:18 am

I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY with Sprzano and Desi. I've been dreaming about my mate since 1991 and the dreams were coming almost every night (not saying that he is your mate or anything)...I have journals and journals of dreams about him. Over the years things have slowed down, but they still come from time to time and they are more specific in the things that are going on in his life.

God is sovereign and you may not understand why he is coming so strong with the dreams about this man until later. Please trust me...it doesn't matter that he is dating someone right now...my dream man got married several years ago and I was shown that he would get married YEARS before he did. I also saw where he would divorce and he has done that. What God has for you is for YOU...no matter the decisions that are made in the meantime. You sound much like I did earlier own...on edge and a bit frantic about everything, but I had to settle down and when I did, I began to understand a little more. Allow God to continue showing you what he needs to show you...just record everything down and I PROMISE you things will eventually make sense. Keep working your ministry and being friends with him and let God orchestrate as he can so "awesomely" do.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer7 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:03 pm

hi y'all.thanks for this lively debate,i trully appreciate all your words of wisdom.may God bless you. praiseGod
let me just clarify one thing;am not going to talk about marriage to this man,just the fact that he needs to forgive and reconcile to his mother if he's going to be blessed in the area of relationships and marriage.even though it will touch on marriage,its not about him marrying me rather the fact that he needs to let go of the past if he is to have a good future.at least this much i believe to be true of the situation at hand. thumbs
as for whether he is my mate or not,that does not bother me much right now.as i said,he is someone i have not looked at in that perspective and i have not allowed my heart to get involved in this.unless and until God makes it clear that he is the one for me,i choose to guard my heart thoroughly where he is concerned.
i may not understand and i will not even try to understand how God works,i just want to be in His good,pleasing and perfect will.He is too lofty for my human mind to understand,i have tried to ask Him why He would want to use me for such a purpose as this and the answer is that He uses anything He pleases to accomplish His purposes.i still feel very inadequate but i will step out in faith and trust God to do His thing.i have really prayed about this and i know God will give me the right words to speak to this brother-because it is for his healing and blessing,not anything else that i know of right now.
so keep praying for me good people and feel free to chat with me on this matter as the Lord may lead you. :thankyou:
In Christ's love and service,
Dreamer 7

dreamer7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:20 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top