On a Trip with An Old Friend

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On a Trip with An Old Friend

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:37 am

Hello all! I had a very interesting dream and would appreciate any interpretations you feel led to give. Thanks ahead of time!

I dramed that I ended up on a trip with an old friend named Rick. (This guy actually was a VERY good friend of mine growing up and we have quite a history together, but currently we have little to no contact.) I was driving a large white vehicle in the dream and picking him up. He got into the back seat. But, I had a hard time driving the vehicle and it made me look bad to my friend, Rick. But then he got into the driver's seat with me and I sat between his legs. When he did, now I was able to drive the car with ease. He asked where I got this car and I told him that it was actually my car. He was shocked because his car was exactly like it and this pleased him very much. As we drove down the road, he kept being very affectionate with me (nothing sexual.)

Next scene -- I arrived at an apartment I used to live in about 15 years ago. The apartment was empty when I first came inside to look around. I came down from looking around upstairs and the whole place had been completely renovated and made new. Now it was the model apartment for the apartment complex!

Next scene -- I was with Rick again somewhere outside with people he knew in the dream, but I did not know them. They were eating something that they said was peanut butter sandwiches and they looked really good. One of the ladies there told me to go get one. While they did look good, I was not yet comfortable enough with the situation to eat one right now. Later I was more comfortable, though, and went to get some food. They had many ingredients spread out and I made myself 2 burritos (I love Mexican food) from the ingredients available, but I was the only one who thought to make this dish out of these ingredients. Everyone else was eating it exactly the way it was laid out. Then I grabbed one of the "peanut butter" sandwiches. But after one bite into it I immediately recognized it as tuna fish (and I HATE tuna fish) and spit it out.

Next scene -- Rick was mad over some stuff and I thought it was strange because I had NEVER seen him mad before. The stuff he was mad about had nothing to do with me.

Next scene -- I was in a bathroom and I had showered and was getting dressed. Rick came by and needed to shower and get dressed now too. So I told him to take the bathroom and I would put my make-up on somewhere else, and that I would bring him his clothes and a bath towel. So I knocked on the door and brough him his stuff. I was in a trusted position to help him and to bless him, but I did not look upon his nakedness.

Next scene -- Later Rick asked me if I still knew how to dance. (In college I used to go out country dancing a lot, and he would go with us.) I was his date and this was very important to him. I said "yes" but I'm rusty on some dance moves, while others I still remember very well. However, I was concerned about doing some of the moves well. He was relieved when he found out that I could still dance. End of dream.

Back to top Go down

Re: On a Trip with An Old Friend

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:39 am

I noticed that no one has ventured a guess at interpreting this dream, so I'd like to try again. God has given me an interpretation, and really, I'm just looking for some confirmations. I would REALLY appreciate any input that everyone has. THANKS ahead of time!

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:33 am

There is a LOT to this dream. How did you feel about Rick in the dream? Do you feel he is symbolic? I don't feel like he represents the LOrd. Could he represent himself? He is a main player in this dream so that makes it tricky to really bring an interpretation.

The food scene to me speaks of you "being yourself". Having the freedom to be who you are and not to follow the status quo. It seems like God has made you as one who will "stand out from the rest" and the Lord is trying to encourage you to be who you are even if it doesn't look like everyone else. If you try to just "follow the crowd" it will be so distasteful to you that you'll have to stop as soon as you try to start. Being who you are, who God made you to be is the only way :)

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:56 am

Thanks, Sunshine! I feel very positively towards Rick in this dream. I do believe he is a symbol for a friend I have been praying for, and I do feel he is key to this dream!

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:16 pm

OK, well I don't want to get into too much "life direction" stuff. But I will say that "driving a car together" and "dancing together" are pretty easy metaphors for a life partner. Again, I"m not trying to give direction I'm just saying that all these symbols seem to point one way to me.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:35 pm

Thanks, Sunshine! I'm laughing so hard right now! lol!
There's no way you could know this, but I'm married :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:05 pm

whoops...well, toss that one out! :) :oops:

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:09 pm

You are such a sweetie! I REALLY thank you so much for all of your input :-) Seriously, I can totally see why you would've come to that conclusion!

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:35 pm

Overall, I think this is a very positive dream!

Scene One - The fact that you and "Rick" (you mention that you think he's symbolic for someone else) have the same exact car tells me that you two have very similar lives. He's able to help you drive because he knows how to handle the car since he has one just like it, he's been there too with similar struggles/issues/triumphs/etc. He's very supportive of you (sitting behind you to help you drive) and it seems like there's a good fit, you care about each other (again sitting and being affectionate).

Scene Two - You're not the same person that you were in the past. You've grown alot and changed. Now you're the model person, people look to you as the benchmark/standard. Is there anything significant that happened to you 15 years ago, e.g., were you saved around this time or moved into a closer walk with the Lord?

Scene Three - There are two messages here to me. One, you have your own way of doing things and that's good, you can take what's given to you and create something new out of it, not just accept things the way they are. Two, you have the gift of discernment and should always exercise it. This piece has two aspects to it as well. First, regarding the sandwich. I don't know why, I always think of peanut butter reflecting something that's "sticky" - perhaps there's a situation/relationship that has a sticky aspect to it that has to be handled carefully? Second, you (correctly) knew there was something about the peanut butter sandwich that wasn't right and eventually when you did take a sandwich and bit into it, it turned out to be something you detest. It wasn't what it represented itself to be. That's deception. I think the dream is telling you to trust your discerning spirit and don't waver from it even when you feel pressure (directly or indirectly) to do so.

Now for me, when I dream of food, it's usually connected to spiritual food. So I'm wondering if there's something that "Rick" and/or his friends are involved in a church or ministry where there is bad teaching (if not full blown deception) and they don't question what they're being served? For example, churches that don't use the bible during the service or preachers who misquote the scripture. There is a well known televangelist that I've stopped watching because too many times I've written down a verse that this person quoted in their sermon only to find out that it was wrong either because it was a misquote that changed the context of the real scripture, the chapter/verse didn't exist, or the verse was simply wrong, it wasn't what they said it was. Again, I think the dream is telling you to be confident in your discerning spirit.

Scene Four - Your discerning spirit may come in handy in your friendship with "Rick". Maybe there are unpleasant qualities about him that you haven't seen before that will surface? You may learn something about him that shows that he's not "perfect"? (How did you feel about seeing this side of him?)

Scene Five - You both are being cleansed spiritually and may even support each other as you both go through this process. You feel comfortable enough around each other to be vulnerable and you don't/won't judge each other when this happens.

Scene Six - When I think of dancing I think of happiness/worship/fun/etc. With the changes you've been through, do you still know how to have fun? In some ways yes, in other ways eventually - you just need an opportunity or willingness to try. Being that you were his date in this dream and you would be dancing, he needed to know that you still had the skills. IRL, he may be wondering if you have the qualities he's looking for in a partner and there are some key ones (like dancing) that are deal breakers, he won't move forward if certain qualities aren't there. He's relieved to find out that you do have them....cool!! thumbs

Ok, so here's my attempt to link the scenes together...you both have similar lifestyles and are a good fit. You've grown a lot over the years and he's is going through a profound period of growth right now. You both support each other well because of your similarities. You're someone he could see as a life partner.

Things are developing and coming together well but situation isn't final though. What I mean is that the dream didn't end, it's just that you're finished with this "chapter". Go to sleep so that you can tell us about the next installment... lol! flower thumbs :cute:

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:36 pm

ok, I thought it was related to marriage too! bandaid

Ok, if not marriage, maybe ministry or business?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:57 pm

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!! I think it has to do with ministry! So right on in sooo many ways. I'm going to have to read through this a few more times to really get it because it really ministered to my spirit. This has to do with the same person God gave me the dream about him "murdering" his wife. God is still at work and I'm excited to see how this story ends, because I know that God will have His way!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:12 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top