church banquet,,,,,,

View previous topic View next topic Go down

church banquet,,,,,,

Post by dreamster on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:05 pm

um i was at a large church function,,in a hall or church dineing room,,tables wer set,,ppl wer hungrey and anticipating,,,then all the children got up ,,me included,,and went 2 the kitchen,,we broughjt out hot plates of food 4 everyone setting them on the tables..i was thinkin 2 myself why am i doin this???im the only one adult serveing,,??the food was ssooo good i kood smell it,, :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: i almost hadda homer simpson moment :snicker: : :snicker: : :snicker: : stand clear everybody,, :snicker: : :snicker: : ,,im wondering if i shood offer free lunches 4 the first 4 interps,,,, hee hee :eek: :eek: :eek: huggins huggins huggins

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: church banquet,,,,,,

Post by sunshine2 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Hmmm....do you feel a call on your life to mentor/lead children?

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:14 pm

lol! no praiseGod praiseGod :eek: :eek: flower D,,,, maybe ppl who r still on ''milk '' so2 speak,,,i wasnt serveing the children ,,rather serveing wiv them,, duh lol! t u S2,,, huggins

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdream on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:34 pm

I thought when I read this was that scripture about coming as children.
Mark 10: 14-15
"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

You were with the children and you were serving. You were serving yummy good things God's word? Serving food from the kitchen, the word in your heart. then I came apon this from Rest for the Weary in Mark 11: 25-30
25At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.
27"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

The NIV notes say this about little children in this scripture,
Little Children. The humble followers of Jesus.

Just some of my thoughts :bighug:

sweetdream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdream on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:37 pm

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

The people were hungry & anticipating

sweetdream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:52 pm

I tend to be a bit short on words when I speak but I hope this makes sense.
Your serving the Lord with the heart of a child.
Yes, I agree with Sweetheart.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:12 pm

I agree with True Flight and Sweetdream and would add that it is that you SHOULD serve the Lord with the heart of a child...you were questioning why you were doing what you were doing, why were you the only adult doing this in the midst of children...the answer is twofold:

1) Matthew 18:2-4
2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, ďAssuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Humble yourself in serving the Lord.

2) Phillipians 2:14-16
14 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

Sometimes you just have to trust God to do things that you've been asked to do (in this case serve others) even when it doesn't make sense....not that you were complaining but you were unsure of your role why you were doing something that only the children were doing....God knows why, just trust that you're in the right place at the right time doing the right thing...

I think that you will experience something soon where you have these same thoughts....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:20 am

t u sweetdrm ,,ur a sweetheart indeed, huggins .. t u T Ft,,,breif but good,,spoken like a man,, :cute: ,,t u lurdys very comprehensive,,great scrip,, :cute: flower flower flower D,,, i feel like gideon,,,alotta tha time.. :freezing: :snicker: : :snicker: : :thankyou: :thankyou:

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:53 pm

um repostg.. :clap: thumbs

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:55 pm

This is my Two Cents . The thing that sticks out to me with this dream is that you asked yourself the question, "Why am I the only adult doing this?". What I think is the children represents the maturity levels of other adults...maybe pastor's. Those that serve food (spiritual food) to the people are Pastor's. I think there may be a time where you may feel that you are alone in what you are preaching or feeding the people. I remember you saying a while ago that you have a different type of anointing than what's in your country right now. You said you have a liberating word that will set the captives free. Since that is something that is NOT going on in your country now, you will be the only one doing it and you will feel alone.

PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!!! You KNOW how I don't like interpreting, but I had to say it because it was on the tip of my tongue/fingertips... :whew:

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pwilso512 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:41 am

I agree totally with Cholette. You will "stand out" in your annoiting, but don't let "being different" discourage you. thumbs

pwilso512

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:04 pm

um wow..thats amazeing..t u,,cholette,,hmmm theres not mucxh happeng here almost a famine of the word of the word of the lord.. bandaid i sense ppl r hungrey and r waiting 4 god 2 come an move,, :clap: ,,,,i went 2 church 2day,,the ppl who were ministering wer young,,i kinda felta tug 2 be giveing somethang,,[ i kno im gonna regret sayin that wiv my ''bossy'' sistas lol! ]the church is run by a team,,um there waiting 4,,,,???,,,,t u sweetys,,, :clap: huggins huggins D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:58 pm

mmmm hmmm! I don't need to say anything because you already know!

Signed,

One of your bossy sistas whistle

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:04 pm

lol! t u sweety,,, lol! i love u soo,, lol! that musta been hard 4 u ,,not sayin anythang,, :zipit: rofl happy dance ,,, im wonderin how many sistas i got,,hmm be afraid,,be vey afraid..D.. :babymonkey: , :blushing:

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:30 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top