Painting class

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Painting class

Post by Lisa4 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:04 pm

I had this dream the other night that my youngest and I were taking painting lessons. I had painted a picture that had a pretty back ground of rolling hills and the foreground had a woman looking up at the sky and one hand up close to her face like she was pleading or going to pray on I was looking at the picture and the other arm had a chain on it. I was proud of my painting and thought it was really good for a first one. But my mother kept pointing out the flaws in it. I got upset because she couldn't just see how good it was.

Lisa4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Painting class

Post by lola21st on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:09 pm

Does this dynamic with your mother occur in real life? That she doesn't appreciate your achievements/accomplishments, always has a critical, cynical eye?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa4 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:25 pm

yes, it does, it even came out this weekend with a simple thing like putting up a small pool, all she could do is tell me that it would kill the grass. She is a good mom but getting encouragement or compliments from her isn't easy.

Lisa4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:32 pm

perhaps this dream is manifesting that dynamic...the painting itself is interesting...a woman praying but part of her is still in bondage...was she someone familiar or was she a stranger?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:12 am

I actually thought about the same thing as Lurdy's said, in reference to the picture--do you feel like that painting was possibly a "self portrait"?

I know how it is to have a critical parent and I've found that that behavior is usually "generational"--all you can do is pray and not replay what is negative in your mind. You know who you are as a person and what God has created you to be--what someone else says about you doesn't matter (as long as you're pleased with yourself and God is a-okay then that settles it!!) Speak/think positive things! Critical behavior/negative words is used to "Break down your self-esteem"--and sometimes the person (s) doing it don't even realize the impace that's being made!

Be blessed
desiree
p.s. you seem like you're a creative person. Do you paint or are artsy IRL?

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:26 am

I thought the girl in the picture might have been you and that the chain directly relates to your mother. It could be symbolic of always trying to win her approval and never really getting it. It could symbolize an unhealthy tie to your mom that actually keeps you in bondage rather than setting you free. Is she controlling? Do you allow her thoughts and opinions to control your life? These are just some of the things that pop to mind from the picture.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:03 am

Yes, I was actually thinking the same dynamic...that the woman in the picture might be you and the chain is a tie to your mother...the "stuff" that you're dealing with in your relationship with her (particularly how you may be handling it or reacting to it) is holding you back in your walk with the Lord. And this is revealed in the self -portrait, how you see yourself...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top