Connections with people

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Connections with people

Post by lovelywomanofvirtue on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:05 pm

I have a question. Do any of you have someone in your life, that no matter what the circumstances, they seem to just stay? I understand that some people are here for a season, some for a moment, some for a lifetime, but i guess my question is, why do some people just seem to always stick around? I have an ex that is like that. We have known each other for 9 years. We were friends for 5, actually had a realtionship for 1 and a 1/2 years, and then even afterwards, he still keeps up with me. Sometimes it seems like if he runs across my mind, or I his, he'll get in contact with me. Sometimes i wonder what the deal is with him, because we have a connection that is still so strong. I can finish his sentences and he mine....we know when somethin is wrong with each other just by the tone of voice, and we know each other so well, we know what to expect....How do you justify something like that? He hurt me so bad at one point, and I let him know, but he still continues to be around....i just have never had a situation like that before. How do you explain it??? Hope I made sense.

lovelywomanofvirtue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Connections with people

Post by Cholette on Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:16 pm

Yes, you make sense. I think there may be some things that you just can't explain because there could be a plethora of reasons why God has allowed him to stay in your life. It could be that he's a connection to something that God wants to do in your life or vice versa.

I have that issue, but for different reasons. I have ex's showing up and wanting to get in contact with me, but it's their own guilt and I'm just not interested because I've moved on. There isn't anything like what you are describing with yours.

Have you prayed and asked God why? He will tell you. It's always good to know the purpose of a thing or a situation so you can treat it accordingly. flower

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:04 pm

maybe theres still a future 4 u both,,wood u give him a second chance???he was a somethang b4 he became an ex rite???'' flower D

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:25 pm

I agree with dreamster.....a second chance perhaps???

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:23 pm

Add me to the second chance group! Perhaps you both had to grow in certain areas and/or the period when you were dating wasn't really your season to be a couple but a new season has arrived?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelywomanofvirtue on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:37 pm

You know, i wonder about that, but I have done my best to move on because I have a boyfriend now, and we've been together 2 years. I hate to say it, but i can't seem to shake the ex. The other thing is, he is not at the level I would like him to be at either, so I dunno. I will ask God. Thanks ya'll.

lovelywomanofvirtue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:16 am

yeah, pray about it. Sometimes ties to people aren't always Godly ties. Could just be a soul thing.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:48 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top