another rescue dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

another rescue dream

Post by awesomegod16 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:48 pm

Last night I dreamed and I think the two dreams go together, the one I told you about rescueing the two women. In the dream last night I was helping this woman who was a prostitute. I dont know if I was in a school setting or a work setting. At one point it seemed like I was in a school, my old elementary school, and then at work too. I knew she was a prostitute by the way she dressed. I mean, she dressed quite different, maybe seductively, either way, there was something that she did that I knew.
And some man must have been trying to get us because the next thing I knew was we were going into the ocean on a raft. And this is where it gets kind of strange, because it seemed like the woman might have turned into a baby i was trying to rescue. But I remember being on this raft and the waves were huge. And even though they were, I didnt sink. I kept riding the waves even though they were flowing over the raft and at times it seemed like when a wave came it would capsize the raft but it didnt. I was standing up on the raft all the time. This guy who was trying to get us was there also following us. Then I dreamed that I was at this place where I was writing down these thoughts about how I felt about God. I dont know if I was in a church or not, at one time it seemed to be. My good friend was there. She was with someone else or these people.She said to me that I should not write down my feelings but what God's word says.
Then I was in this hallway and these students were sitting at this desk taking this test. It was their final exam.
Then I was trying to help my friend dig this hole in the ground to put these plastic tubes. I started digging up the cement blocks over the place and then I got to the dirt and was digging it up for him to put the tubes in.
Thats all the dream I had an amazingly enough I remembered it all.
I woke up singing this song: God is the strength of my heart, and my fortress forever.."

Blossom

awesomegod16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: another rescue dream

Post by sunshine2 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Someone telling you that you should not write down your feelings but what God's word says represents a religious spirit to me. Religion puts more value on "living by the book" than on relationship. This could be the same spirit that was chasing you. The religious people in the Bible were always trying to entrap and accuse the prostitues and "sinners" and they hated when Jesus reached out in love to the prostitutes and broken.

I honestly feel that God has given you mercy and compassion giftings to reach out to the broken and helpless (babies, children). This seems like a warning that as you step out into these giftings it will probably make some religious people pretty mad and they may even try to stop you. HOpe this bears witness. You hit the nail on the head when you called it a "rescue" dream. You're a rescuer :)

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomegod16 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:45 pm

thanks sunshine for your input. i had another dream before this one in which i was helping two women, one was a very good friend of mine and the other one was a handicapped woman i didnt know. i had to carry them on my back and they put their arms around my neck. and i had to walk holding onto this railing through deep water. when we would get to the deeper water, i had to make sure their heads were above the water. i had this dream before the other one i posted. it seemed to fit the new dream i had just last night.
funny i dont even see myself as a rescuer. seems i m the one who always needed rescuing. perhaps god is changing that.

blossom

awesomegod16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:04 pm

Just because you're the one needing rescuing doesn't mean that this is how it will always be. It's ok to be weak. In our weakness God can be strong on our behalf. I believe that you have strength in you and that you will come out of this season and into a place of God given authority to rescue others. thumbs

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomegod16 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:49 pm

you know Sunshine2,
Many years ago, I used to dream that I was rescuing children and babies. I remember the dreams so vividly and wondered what they meant. I sort of thought they might be just symbolic dreams and not to be taken literally. I had them so many times and children were constantly the subject of my dreams. Perhaps because of my past having been given up and placed in foster care as a baby might have something to do with it. and perhaps being a victim of abuse too. maybe its just a natural thing for me.

blossom

awesomegod16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:18 pm

Many wise people have said that the area of our wounding is the area that God gives us great authority in. If God brought you through trauma as a child and has rescued you and given you a safe place then you have the authority to bring that to others because you walked through it. He first rescued you. That was the greatest rescue of all. It's only natural that you would walk in your Father's footsteps. :smile:

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozes on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:15 am

amen..thats exactly what it is...step out into your calling today

Rozes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomegod16 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:18 pm

one thing i would like to ask, since the subject was brought up about
the area of our trauma or wounding. is that the same as the areas of struggles also? the reason i am asking is in reference to those who have come out of a homosexual background. and which areas of wounding does God use if there are seeming so many?

blossom

awesomegod16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:31 pm

God makes beauty from ashes.

Let's say that in real life (which is not true but a good example) I became an alcoholic. After drinking for a while I came to the Lord and He delivered me of alcoholism. Even though it was nothing that had been "done" to me and in essence I had "done" it to myself God will still take it and use it in my life to set others free from addictions. To alcohol or anything else. What was once my great weakness now becomes my authority in God to set others free. Does that make sense? YEs, there are many people who have come out of a homosexual background who are now completely delivered and have a ministry of reaching out to those who are still trapped in that lifestyle. God LOVES us all so much!! God will use it ALL if we will trust Him and let Him!! I hope this was helpful, blossom.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomegod16 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:46 pm

yes it helps a lot. it's just that i had been praying for such a long time maybe more than 10 years about what i am to do with my life. and i felt that god had a calling on my life, but i didnt know what he wanted. as i said in the hello part, i always dreamed but just in the last two years did i realize how important my dreams were and how god speaks to me through them about issues in my life.
i used to hate dreaming cause all i dreamed about was being chased and being a victim and monsters. they were more like nightmares instead of anything i ever wanted to remember. at one time i wondered if my dreams were pointing to the past issues and childhood areas, but alas, to this day, that area is still closed to me much like a lot of dreams that i remember and slip back down into my memory. much of that is closed but i ask god to open it up and he does in my dreams. sometimes i am reluctant to really remember my dreams as i have in the past, not wanted to face things so i pushed them back down much like memories. at one point i couldnt recall because of much of my pushing things down. now, i am more like placing these things in God's hands.
What I wanted to ask is that what you said Sunshine, about my first dream about rescuing others? does God ever allow you to see people that you have never met in dreams?
blossom

awesomegod16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:24 pm

I am not one to put God in a box, so even though I have never "met" anyone in a dream before meeting them in real life I believe that it is completely possible.

I can tell you one thing, you have a great high calling on your life and I know what it is. Fall desperately in love with Jesus. I know it sounds too simple but believe me when I say there are things you can know about Him when you get to know Him as a lover and a friend that would take forever to know otherwise. I didn't know how to know Jesus a few years ago and then He took me on a journey where I learned the most important prayer I could pray was "teach me how to love you". You pray that prayer and I guarantee you that He will show you the depths of His love for you. If all you ever "Did" in your life was just fall more and more in love with Him you would be walking in a true high calling. Works that don't flow out of relationship are just that...works. Relationship is the true high calling. He loves you eternally and I sense that what He really longs for is your love and your time. Not for you to serve Him, but just to be with Him.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomegod16 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:24 pm

when i would do my devotions sometimes i would pick this scripture in Genesis 15:1 "After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision saying, Do not fear Abram; I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great".. and then I would read on about how Abram told God what would He give him seeing he had no child. And when I would read that scripture I would think Lord, what reward? But in other translations it said "I am a shield to you your very great reward.." which is saying God was his reward. I hear you saying the same thing Sunshine2 in what you wrote. so actually perhaps that is why I keep hearing my name called. I hear it sometimes in the morning and I think my friend is calling me but she isnt. I heard it last night and also this morning. The calling never sounds rough but very soft voice.

blossom

awesomegod16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:24 pm

Oh my goodness this reminds me of a couple of Bible references. When Samuel rises from bed and goes into Eli because he thought Eli was calling his name..but it was God. And also in the Bible where it says that there was an earthquake, a fire, etc..but God wasn't in any of those things. Then there was a whisper and God was in the whisper. He is calling your name. What a sweet sweet invitation from the lover of your soul to be with Him. Ah, how beloved you are! Next time you hear Him calling your name try answering back and see what happens :)

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomegod16 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Yes I continue to ask that as I always remember that story in the bible. On and off Ive been hearing my name called yet when I ask the Lord I dont get any answers from it. I 'm not sure if its because I cannot hear him or connect with him?

blossom

awesomegod16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:45 pm

YOu can obviously hear Him if you're hearing someone call your name :) Next time instead of trying to "hear" just close your eyes and think of Him. Just relax and put some worship on and just think about how good He is and how much He loves you. You will feel His presence and you will probably hear something or either He will show you something. Sometimes when we try so hard it can trip us up. Hope this is helpful!

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomegod16 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:10 pm

yes it does. i think possibly i wasnt always thinking it was the lord who was calling my name although i dont know who else would have been.
blossom

awesomegod16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:08 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top