Water Park w/daughter??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Water Park w/daughter??

Post by Lori on Sun May 31, 2009 9:44 pm

I had this dream, several days ago, any thoughts, interps. would be greatly appreciated. flower

In my dream I was at a water park w/my daughter, a water park that had water slides and stuff. Anyhoot, It was a beautiful day out, sunny, water was lovely blue and I was going down the water slide w/my daughter (she's 2, and was 2 in my dream), she was sitting in between my legs so I could hold her as we go down, while we are sliding down she falls over face first in the water, but in the sitting position, I was trying to pick her up, but was having a hard time, because of the resistance w/the water, while I'm trying to get her up I'm thinking she's too young to be down this long, but I'm not worried or fearful, actually I think to myself she will be alright, if anything there is help here. Then the dream switches, and apprarently I'm taking her to use a public bathroom, and I say to my daughter well lets see how dirty it is first (you know public washrooms are dirty and gross, at leat I think so lol! ) At first glance it's real dirty, and gross but I have to let her use the bathroom (IRL she hasn't really potty trained because she is afraid of the toilet, we are working on that though hee hee ). So I see this stall that looks really big, and decide to use that one as I walk in it's really long and think we have enough room, I start to get ready to help her on the toilet and then I see this women kinda come in, and then I realize this stall is divided, and said to her oh, I thought this was a big stall she was like no, it weird set up, then I'm back to helping my daughter I start to get the toilet seat covers then there these two ladies there that are telling me what to do and trying to help me, I was like she just needs to go potty and they are telling me she needs a bottle, I turn around (IRL I wouldn't not pay attention to my daughter like in this dream) and I see my daughter sitting int he toilet (apparently it was a really big toilet bowl lol! ), I said Eew, your not suppose to sit in the toilet, your suppose to sit on it, now I think I have to give her a bath, then I'm standing w/these women by a huge dresser (a highboy), it's not the dirty bathroom anymore, they are insisting I feed her a bottle, and I'm telling them no, she is to big for that now, she's 2 and she eats food and drinks milk, she doesn't just drink from a bottle anymore, she needs more than that, they are still insisting and I'm getting upset, to appease them I think fine I'll give her the bottle, I look at the nipple on the bottle and it was weird (none that are made just different), then I see my daughter sleeping in a chair, she looks compfy, and they say see all she needed was a bottle, I was upset because I wanted to feed her then let her sleep in the car on the way home.

That night I was praying to God to help me w/my daughter so I can communicate and parent better w/her, I wasn't sure if understands somethings so I don't want to be too strict w/her if she's not comprhending things yet, but at the same point I didn't want to be to relaxed w/her. An example would be she is a picky eater, she only likes a few things, some people say well just feed her what you make for dinner and if she doesn't eat she will eventually realize if she wants to eat she will eat what you make. I agree w/this to a point, but I also don't know if she understands there's no food coming until you eat this, moms know all children are different. I know she won't starve, but I don't want her going hungry and have her feel like I'm punishing her, or not feeding her. One time I gave her a cheese roll up (she likes cheese sandwiches so I thought she should like this to then) she looked and it and cried, she wants food - she was hungry, it's sad to see your child cry like your not giving them anything, so I made her her chicken nuggets, and of course everything was ok then. She wasn't throwing a fit, it was like she really thought I gave her something that wasn't food to eat. So that's just an example of me trying to understand how best to deal w/some of these things. Hope this makes sense.

God bless you -and thanks again!

Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Water Park w/daughter??

Post by pwilso512 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:54 pm

In the beginning of your dream at the water park, I think you holding your daughter as you go down the slide symbolizes your control over her (but not in a bad way). When she falls face first into the water and you struggle to pull her back up, that to me shows that you feel a loss of control over her. But in the mist of that, you know she will be alright. With the bathroom part of the dream, it seems like you are relunctant to accept guidance from others in helping with your daughter. Although you will eventually give in to doing what others suggest, you will be upset that you didn't get to do things your way. Maybe God will send some people into your life to help you communicate with and parent your daughter better. Be open to the help. Just because you accept guidance from others doesn't make you a bad parent. You are right. Every child is different. I'm not sure if you have any other children. But even if you do, dealing with your daughter may require a new/different avenue, routine, way of communicating, etc. You need to be willing to open up to new things and not be afraid to go back to some of the things you use to do. Feeding your daughter the bottle in your dream could symbolize "taking a step back." Although she is 2yrs old (and is defiinitely no longer on the bottle), you may need to use some old routines or ways of communicating to deal with your daughter at this particular stage in her growth. Just a thought.

pwilso512

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:54 pm

Thanks 512, This is my first child. And I agree w/the first part of what you said, sometimes I do feel at a loss of control w/her and I do know she will be alright. Not that she's wild and unruly, she does what 2 y/o's do. Honestly, I didn't think I was closed minded to receiving advice on help w/parenting. I think I'm more relaxed than some other mom's, but I actually do seek out advice, from my mom, sisters, but they all say she's fine, but I have the runner and a stubborn one on my hands. My mom said we (her children) weren't anything like my daughter or her other grandaugther so she will offer suggestions, which in most cases I have tried. I read parenting magazines, but they never really seem to touch on the issues I have w/my daughter, or they some it up w/that's just how some kids are and it will pass. But I think I will re-evaluate myself to see if perhaps I have been unopen to advice, it may very well be. I thought I communicated w/her for the most part I always have, acutally people tell me I don't give her enough credit for how smart she is and how much she understands, that's because sometime when I talk to her, it's like nothing is sinking in..lol That's my struggle, I don't want to short change her and treat her like she doesn't understand if she does. But I like what you said, and what you have offered here! I will certainly keep an open mind with this.

Thank you so much!

God Bless you! flower

Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:42 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top