Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LovetoworshipJesus

I had the meeting with the director

The meeting was about taking disciplanry actions if I dont perform better at work. she wrote up a letter In which I have not signed yet, because I have a few questions. The bummer part is my probation will up on JUne 1, ( I am thinking I almost made it without this.)

Truth is I really want to do a good job. I have left some jobs, not on good terms But If or when my task is done at this school.... I really want to leave on a good note.

I pray that this letter gets thrown out. I am tired of having bad comments made about me on this JOB. People of God. need your prayers Thanks

I am really going to step it up a notch in pleasing GOD>

hmmm sounds almost intentional wat shes done b4 ur probation,, bandaid bandaid bandaid am i rite???D

Guest Guest
Remember Daniel...there was a decree too..
Faith More than Ever Have Faith!!
Stand Still and see the salvation of the Lord

Do not allow the spirit of unbelieve to blind you...neither look at your present circumstances..trust the word of your Lord..Trust

Amen mbstudent!

LTSJ - Remember Cholette's testimony last week - lean harder into the Lord during this trial and don't let the enemy's tricks trip you up! Here's some scriptures to help encourage you during this time:

Psalm 37 (a personal favorite...:-) )
2 Chronicles 15:7
Matthew 23:12 (in these situations, the enemy loves to try to get us to fall into the sin of pride - say humble no matter how fiery the darts, keep your emblem of faith up and high)
Psalm 46:10

In the natural, follow the advice that was given in an earlier thread. Keep detailed notes of everything that occurs. Document conversations so that there's no "I never said that/meant that/intended that/etc." - that type of thing where a little time changes your foes "recollection" of what happened. Get clarity on directions she gives you, etc. Ask her to show specific examples of whatever issue she has as well as specific examples of what she would like to see. If she wants you to do a blue thing and you do only to find out "blue" to her is really turquoise, that's a problem but it will fall on you. If there are others around you who know your work (not sure how this works in a school setting), see if they're willing to write letters commending your work (this can get political) or at least a letter/email to you saying "Hey, thanks for your help on XXXX, it really helped me." Or thanks for the quick turnaround on XXX." Again, not sure how this works in a school setting, just trying to give examples....

Stay strong and follow the Lord's leading always (I know you know this already)! huggins Know that you're in our prayers and that the Lord is using this for your good!

Blessings,

Lurdys

NO MATTER how it looks, Lurdy's is right. It can only work out for your good, but you must believe and continue in your attitude of gratitude.

I have been trying to think exactly how to word my response, and still not sure as I type this. So please don't take offense to anything I'm saying, it's all meant in love.

I agree w/what everyone is saying, but I really like what Lurdys pointed out to do in the natural. You and your Director may have a conflict on a spiritual level, and perhaps she doesn't like you and doesn't even know why -well we do obviously if this is the case. But while you are praying and giving this to God, standing in faith and on his promises it's important to try and keep a good working relationship w/your director. I get from your posts on this issue, that you two only deal w/each other when you have to. She maybe a very tough person to work for, she may have very high standards and even though you are doing a good job, it might not be good enough for her. If this is spiritual, and she doesn't like you she might even knit-pick about stuff just to ride you harder to have an excuse to write you up. Since she has written you up (the letter), there must be some validity to what complaints she has about your work performance (whatever they are exagirrated or not). Unless this letter is just complete lies, it might be time to look at yourself a bit. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she's right and your wrong. But look at your attitude, even your attitude towards her. I've been where your at, my job I worked for 8 years I was always a steller preformer, my last evaluation I had I got an exceeds (the highest you can get), then all of sudden one day not very long after this eval the attitudes towards me from everyone if the office changed. I couldn't figure out why, I was the same person doing the same job (btw my career was in HR), I knew I was no longer wanted there, I dont know where this great shift came from, I was always a Christian, and they were not so go figure what the issue really was, I too believe it was spiritual. My boss couldn't pick on me for my work, because I did outperform everyone, it was so hard to go to work, and I was praying the whole time, standing on Gods word, so everyday when I went to work I told God I was doing my job as unto him, and prayed for Grace and Favor on the job. I did have grace and favor though it wasn't from my Director, it came from the higher ups, as well as almost all the managment staff who enjoyed and appreciated my work. But this didn't make the everyday any easier, I felt my director and two other co-workers wanted to get rid of me, but I knew it would take great work on there part because I was a great performer, I had the most seniority except one co-worker. Instead of praying to keep my job, I actually asked God to find me another one, though the people I worked w/were probably the ones that should be let go, I said they have families and it wouldn't be easy for them to find jobs, at this point I knew my experience w/God's help would allow me to find a great job elsewhere. And you know what God did answer that prayer, he found me a job making almost 3x's what I was making (and what I was making was a good salary) this was just like WOW, then I started that job, and I couldn't seem to please that boss either, so I thought what is wrong w/me, so instead of getting upset, I met w/my VP who I felt like I couldn't please, and I talked to her about what she expected from me, and how she felt I wasn't meeting her requirements. It gave me great clarity as he expectations where, she was the hardest boss to work for because her standards where so high, it wasn't that I was performing poorly, any other employer would've loved what I was doing, but she expected more out of me. Since I hadn't worked for a boss like her before, it was quite a transition. Needless to say God came through here (no surprise there), but this time all it took was me speaking to the VP (course I was praying and seeking God on this too). In the long run I turned out to be one of her most valuable HR staff members she ever worked w/those where here words not mine, she gave me a bonus for my hard work, and after I resigned to be a stay at home mom (I got preggers w/my 1st while working there) she had called me back 3 times to come work for her again. Now being away from the job I left where I knew they wanted to get rid of me, I can see I had a bad attitude - yes I performed my work extremely well, I knew I knew more about every aspect of each of our jobs than anyone in there, and I always had to help everyone get there job done and my own, and it irritated me, I usually worked 15 hrs days, on several occassions I worked uptil midnight - I was burned out and upset, but I couldn't see my bad attitude because I was busy looking at how well I did my job, and I knew it was also spiritual that they just no longer liked me or had an issue w/me and I was tired of dealing w/these people who where working w/the enemy, so I wasn't doing my part acting like a real Christian and show them love, I was too busy been upset. There are two folds to the reason of these stories 1.) Sometimes while we are working and doing our best on the job, the other areas that God wants us to improve on, we aren't seeing because we are just seeing that we are being attacked, but sometimes we can be apart of the problem, and not the solution. 2.)Sometimes God will remove us from a situation and it will be turned around and used for the Glory of God.

I personally have seen people wrongfully terminated from there jobs, but in the end God turns that around for his purpose. And most of the time the person can look back and say, Oh - I see why God did that, but sometimes we don't see it as we are going through it. On the other side since my career was in Human Resources (HR) I delt w/everything from hiring to firing, all aspect of Employee Relations, and I have seen where people just don't get along w/there boss sometimes it their personalities, sometimes it's the boss's ego, and sometimes it is spirtiual conflicts. In almost all of these cases the employee really believe's in there heart they are doing the best job they can to the best of their abilities. And then you see the boss's (whether that's your supervisor, manager, director, VP who ever you report to) and you see where they have an issue w/the employee, most of the times it is a valid reason, especially when your putting it down on paper. Now please don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying you are a problem employee, or you don't perfom your work well, but like Lurdys pointed out if she wants you to do something blue and you think your doing something blue, it may in fact be turquiose to her. This would be a form of poor communication, which is also a result of a poor work relationship. While you seek God on how to deal w/this I would agree w/Lurdy about getting a real understanding from your boss what she expects from you. For example this letter she wrote you about you, what are the issue in there, do you disagree w/her complaints, have you addressed these particular issues sitting down w/her one on one to go over each. You may disagree w/what she is saying but if you sit down and talk to her and do it in a non-confronting way, as though you really are seeking her direction, you should understand what she truly expects from you and maybe she will start to understand why you did something one way and not the other, also keep in mind some bosses are particular how you do the job even if the end result is the same they may want you to do it their way and anything outside of that is wrong (stupid in most cases yes, but none the less we still have to obey our superiors). And try to build a good work relationship w/her, this could also open a door to witness to her. No matter where we work you will always have non-believers around you, and you will have to work w/them. I don't believe this is by accident she is your boss, perhaps God is showing you something about yourself, perhaps this is a test for you. A lot of times we as believer's think it's the non-believer's problem, when in fact in some cases God in working on us. And even times as we go through situations we hear from God, or from others that God has used and we hear what the person is saying, but it's just not that A-ha moment, we may actually see the results of the Lords work in a situation much later down the road. As in my case I didn't see what part of the problem I played in the first job I mentioned, it wasn't until about 3 years later that I realized my attitude was a big issue, and I think I had some pride issues at that time too, but I also believe God blessed me w/the new job that gave me a salary I couldn't have dreamed of in man's eyes, and I think part of that blessing was because I didn't want the other people in my office to not have a job, I knew they would have security if I left, and God removed me from the siuation that felt unbarable until the day I left. But the work wasn't done from the baggage I took w/me. So God in his wonderful mercy allowed me to see my anger towards them, even though I really had thought I forgave them, it was more where I asked God to forgive me for how I treated them. So w/all this said God is still working in this situation, and I know you know that, but I wanted to include some of my thoughts from the perspective of a person working in HR, and I also wanted to share w/you my story for your encouragement - How, Praise God, he works even though we may not see it while we are going through it. And while yes, we should pray and seek God as what to do, he doesn't always mean for us to sit back and wait all the time (I don't mean do it in your own strength either), sometimes we need to move in a situation, like taking the time to talk w/your Director (arrange a meeting w/her), if that is unsuccuessful you can go to her boss - using the chain of command if you still can't resolve issues w/your director, this isn't an unreasonable or un-Godly direction to go in either, and God will give you the favor and blessings.

I get the feeling that you do want to keep this job, but have you asked God if this is where he wants you? Just a thought?

I just wanted to give you a few of my thoughts, and they are my thoughts, though I did feel impressed to respond.

I pray you receive this response well, as it is intended w/good intentions and love. I will continue to pray for you and your current job situation, and I ask in Jesus name that Heavenly Father you reveal to Lovetoworshipjesus what Your plans for her in this job is, and that you give her grace and favor on the job. Place in her Father to understand the role she plays and that you continue to use her in this job for Your Glory, Comfort her Father in this time, place peace and joy in her heart that it will be Your outcome for this situation, and that she may continuely rest in You and on Your Word. We know Father there will be times of trials in our lives, but you said to cast our burdens on you, so Father we cast Lovetoworshipjesus's burden of this job situation on You, and we know Father you already have taken care of the this situation, so we Praise you and thank your for Lovetoworshipjesus's testimony for her Job/Director situation. All the Glory to you Heavenly Father, in Jesus Name, Amen!

WOW Hillobeans...you said what I was trying to form the words to say all this time.

Each time I've read the posts about your director LovetoWorship, my first thought was to say "make sure you take a look at yourself before getting upset". Just like Hillobeans, I'm not saying that you are the problem, but I've learn over the years that whenever there is conflict, the first person to look at and deal with is self...not the other person. Could it be that God has allowed this person in your life to press out some things that are inside of you so you can go to the next level in your life? You seem to be in the "press"...that place where all those imperfections or unproductive things are inside that God wants out.

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but please look at self to make sure you haven't slacked off in some areas and when or if everything is fine...according to the Holy Spirit, then you are in a warfare.

I hope you receive this in love.

hillobeans18 -

THANK YOU for providing good advice and sharing your wisdom!! Ironically, I'm in HR too... lol! Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go into more detail earlier so thank you for being obedient and sharing knowledge...

LTWJ, I hope you receive this in love as well! Let us know how it turns out and if you need more help, you have an HR team of advisors behind you! thumbs huggins huggins

Blessings,

Lurdys

A lot of times we as believer's think it's the non-believer's problem, when in fact in some cases God in working on us.
AMEN!! (My mouth is my problem!!! lol! WORK ON ME LORD!!!)

WOW! GREAT GODLY AND SOUND ADVICE FROM EVERYONE! I definitely wish that I could have wrote down everything in my past jobs!!!

thanks to everyone! Blessings
desiree

Wow!! Thank you all for your profound wisdom, love and knowledge. Now I rcv all advice in Love. I except all. What I realize is this is both a me battle. meaning yes I can use a attitude adjustment and also this is spirtual battle. While we had the meeting I admitted to somethings I need to changed(like ask more questions and not try to avoid her..... and she allowed me to really be myself and tell how I feel about her and her professionalism. After we got out the nitty gritty. I was able to tell her what really upset me, in which it was how she handle the students and how did not come across very professional. I told her I expected more out of her as a director. I mean I really spoke my mind but I did in a decent way. I realize that we are both pretty head strong women. I think with me I want to be right and make sure things go Gods way. I admit I was very angry with her and I have my guards up because I do not want her to hurt me again. So I decided to perfect my job and do it well. This director is also new at being a director. So there was alot power struggles between us. I have a good discernerning spirit I can tell when she was lying or being spiteful. So knowing this made it worse. Sometimes people perception of us allows one to assume we would agree with certain tacky morals.... My director thought I would and thats were the conflict started. I was against every file thing she tried to throw my way. I mean she had alot unclean spirits coming out of her.... I mean one time she hit my buttocks and I was like Lord I pray that was an accident but it wasnt I can tell the way it felt it was not. So underline issue is I was angry at her. This was before I offically became a teacher So again I say its both spritual and sometimes my flesh gets in the way. I realize ther are some people I am not going to get along with. I realize as a prophtess of God I will have many challenges, and I believe I was sent their to help pur things in order with the director and also too perfect my weakness with ungodly leaders. I need to learn to remain professional and humble no matter comes my way So I am praying that God help me to accept the things I can not change. I must admit it felt great to be at school today because she was not there. I was told she was sick. I mean I have a lot to say and explain, but you know I going to work on me, because i must pass this test and learn to still be a servant no matter how people treat me. I ask God to forgive and take this away from me. Also I been asking GOD is this the right job for me. I do like the job, although I can use more money but hey I am bless to have this job. So I decided to adjust my attitude and try to do much better no matter what she tries to throw my way. I notice after the meeting we both were relieved. So I think we got a resolution here. So everyone I love you and I am moving foward. thumbs I pray the next time I post.. I will be making more money or getting a promotion. Thanks again everyone. God please bless everyone who took the time to minster to me,it was well rcv. I continue to pray for my director that she excepts Jesus Christ and worship God in spirit and truth Amen

praiseGod , I must say when I wrote my book lol! to you I was praying you wouldn't be offended by what I said. When I saw there were responses I was actually shaking - so now I am relieved and praiseGod , again and again. When I was going through my situation w/work I had other things going on too, and another Sister in Christ told me that the Lord told her to tell me to check my attitudes, I was like what , do I have multiple personalities lol! ? I knew what an attitude meant, but when I would look at my attitude I would encompass it as a whole, so I had to actually look the word up in the dictionary, and then I realized Oh-I do have different attitudes towards things. So now I always say I have to check my tudes hee hee . We know the flesh is weak, but Glory to God he is showing you what to work on. I noticed you said there are people you aren't going to get along with; you should be able to get along w/people - you don't have to agree w/them or condone what they do, but like you said if you remain professional and humble in the work place people will respect and you will get along w/them. The bible says we are to love one another, so when you see these unclean spirits, that's God also showing you that's not the person at work here, but the enemy. Praise God for the wonderful Gift he has given you - how awesome!

I will continue to pray for you, and may blessing of favor and promotions be upon you!

God Bless You! Flower Power

This is so beautiful!! I am glad everything worked out well for you LTWJ..God is good!! I'm glad you stayed and didn't run from all of this. I've seen it happen to often...people running and end up in a different place only to find themselves back facing the same situation with a different person. Pass this test Woman of God and WATCH GOD!!!!

Hillobeans...you are a jewel!!!! flower

Aaahhh! That really ministered to me, hill-o! Gracious. Pass the test, and get ready to meet your destiny, Kimie Kimie. Us too.

Aaahhh! That really ministered to me, hill-o! Gracious. Pass the test, and get ready to meet your destiny, Kimie Kimie. Us too.

praiseGod Lightbeam, I'm so grateful I obeyed God on responding, I was so worried and didn't want to do anything in my own strength. God is awesome how he works, what you think is meant for one, is a gift to many!

Glory to God!

Amen!! will do Love you all!! I will stay focus... I will pass this test. BY the way I made it through probation period as of today!! man it was challenging but I made. Director tried to get me to quite so many times but I wouldnt.. Thank you all for your continued prayers. Jesus is so beautiful!!

praiseGod , Yahooooooooooooooooooo! thumbs

Hi everyone so I signed the pip plan even though I did not get clarity on the Performance Plan for me. I just want to work and move on from this!! I am trusting God that I made the right decision and that everything gets better and I can a promotion!!

Jesus is my reason for living! He is so awesome and so kind! Thanks to Lord for your grace, wisdom and favor.

Love in Jesus,

connie