Knowing your husband/wife beforehand

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Knowing your husband/wife beforehand

Post by Virtuous on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:37 am

Lovetoworshipjesus,

My Pastor always say...New Level; new devil!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:07 am

I've heard the same thing from my former Pastor too Virtuous!!

Okay, so since the beginning of this topic on knowing your husband/wife beforehand...I've been listening out for the Holy Spirit to confirm some things to me regarding this topic because there are SO MANY naysayers that have been in my life when I first told family and friends WAY BACK when I first started dreaming of mine. I was like a "Joseph"...I told everybody and was persecuted to no end.

Virtuous recommended a book to me a while ago called "Women: God's Secret Weapon" and this morning the Holy Spirit reminded me of one of the chapters in the book where the author mentioned how he met his wife. He had seen her in a group picture and the moment he saw her, the Holy Spirit said to him that she was going to be his wife. Now, I forgot all of the particulars of how they hooked up, but the one thing I remembered was that he went to his pastor's house on a "spontaneous" visit and she was there. The awesome thing to this story was around the SAME TIME he saw her picture, she saw a picture of his youth group and the Lord spoke to her and said "the tall guy is the one I have for you". It took them awhile to get married because they were young, but they have been married for awhile now with four grown daughters.

This is a beautiful example of God speaking to BOTH people regarding the other. In my case, I know who he is because he is a public figure who "use to be" well, well, well known. He has pretty much fell off of the radar, but I still see him around in the media from time to time. It will be interesting to find out if God showed me to him in some way. I'm no public figure by no means, but maybe in a dream or a vision.

Just thought I would share. If I am shown or reminded of anything else, ya'll know I'm coming back here... hee hee

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:16 am

Just beautiful *sniff, sniff!lol

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:20 am

Cholette,
That chapter is one of the reasons that prompted me to start this thread!

He prayed and asked God to reveal his wife to him because he didn't want to go through dating woman after woman in search for the "ONE". God honored his request.

I'll have to go back and re-read it, but I think they were both attending a wedding party for a mutual friend or something like that.

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:28 pm

Cholette,
I love the new avatar!

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vile on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:09 pm

Okay, I'm wondering something now, but I don't want to fall into the same trap as I did before hand. I never got that one vision I had of a friend of mine answered. Guy is unsaved right now, but I've been given visions after this that the guy is going to get saved.

Another friend of mine who prayed for her husband told her that she would witness her husband get saved. After about two years, they have a beautiful girl named Noel and have done alright together.

Now... the last few times I "knew" about my marriage, I was all lovey dovey and writing love letters. I'll admit that I think about this guy a lot, and sometimes I wonder what it would be like to date/marry him because even though he's not saved he has a noble heart of service, but I'm like "yeah, whatever... not gonna happen". If I'm obsessed about him, it's about him getting saved because if he's got old school morals at 24, I wanna see what this man's gonna do with Jesus. I already know he's gonna change the world, but I'm starting to wonder about my role in his story... the fairy godmother or the princess?

In honesty, I don't care which one it is. I wanna know that man's going to heaven. Up there, it's not gonna matter if we're married anyway, just get the guy up there.

Vile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celestial.butterfly on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:57 pm

This is a great topic!

"Does anyone have any thoughts/answers as to why God reveal husbands/wives beforehand to some and not to others?"

I can answer for myself as to why I believe God has revealed who I am going to marry and this may be the truth for many.

Ever since I had the two visions (on two different occasions) of the guy whom I am to marry, it has brought me so much closer to God.

Because I tend to doubt, this revelation has been a test of my faith. I have had no other choice but to turn to God. Over the past year, I have really gotten to know God. He's so awesome, amazing, and he's really "Daddy."

I have grown spiritually and as I've been tarrying for these visions to manifest, God has been transforming and preparing me for marriage.

We must remember that it's not about us, it's all about God and His Kingdom. I now know that my marriage will be an act of worship glorify God.

celestial.butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:01 pm

Well said Celestial.butterfly!!

I too have experienced the same thing and God is truly amazing in every way!!!! :clap: praiseGod

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LovetoworshipJesus on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:21 pm

Well said Cele I am waiting too. Its good to know God trust us to know who our helpmates are. So we can pray for them.

LovetoworshipJesus
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:47 am

I don't know who my husband is, but I always find myself praying for him...I just can't call him by his name - only "my husband".

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadams on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:15 am

Virtuous, no matter what, God hears that and the prayers are reaching him regardless of who he is. God sees him...that's just awesome to me.

I've had a man show up in my dreams a couple of times, but I don't know if I can say that he is my husband or not. He's shown up lately...right after my boyfriend broke up with me. I was devasted and then I dreamed twice about this guy. He was with a lady with short hair...both times, but she had on a wig. That too me says that she may be an imposter or not for him...not sure!! I guess I will just wait on God and see if he goes any deeper with this.

Jadams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:19 am

Jadams, I'm holding on to that too. I've had a man show up in a dream. I wasn't married to him in my dream but I knew he was my husband. I didn't recognize who he was. I'm beginning to wonder if that's because I haven't met him yet.

We'll just wait together praying .

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:34 am

I want to join in in the prayer circle as well!! lol! One thing I do know ladies: when God shows us our mates, our hearts will be "throbbing and swelling with joy", just as the bible says. We won't be disappointed! It will be worth the wait!!!! AMEN! :clap:

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celestial.butterfly on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:46 pm

I know Cholette mentioned this earlier in the topic and I've read it in a couple of books-- "both" parties usually know. That's the one thing that baffles me-- does the guy in my visions know that I am to be his future wife? This has truly been a test for me and that's when I start doubting and immediately talk to God.

Please pray for me regarding this "not knowing" but believing. And I welcome revelations/ prophecies that God puts on your hearts. Thank you.

celestial.butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LovetoworshipJesus on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:11 pm

I pray God reveal the unknown to you about your spouse.... God will reveal your husband more then once....Also YOur husband will know too. I know I have had many dreams about my future helpmate for about almost 2 years. From the day I met him. I am currently not with him now... because of not being mature in the spirit at the time I met him... God used this very man to strectch my faith and mature in the spirit.. So trust me you will know ,,because the one thing i do I always ask God for confirmation when the enemy tires to throw doubt my way. Stay strong and pray for me as I pray for you for your helpmate to come. oK.... God bless her and give us peace concering our helpmate in Jesus name. Amen

LovetoworshipJesus
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:09 am

There was a time that I really wanted to know...only to use that knowledge to automatically turn other persuers away. Now, I'm not so sure that I want to know.

There are many on this site who know and have known who their spouses are and have been waiting years to unite with them. God must really trust them, because I don't think I would be able to know who my husband is and have to wait years before uniting with him. Knowing me, I would probably try to bring us together myself and that would be out of season and out of order.

THAT WOULD CAUSE SUCH A HUGE MESS IF I DID THAT! A part of me still desire to know but I don't think I'd be able to handle it right now.

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LovetoworshipJesus on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:02 am

Well you are not alone.because I know I tried to help God out and it was a distaster so i have and must be still. Knowing who your mate is godd but yet changelling... Sometimes I wonder if My helpmate no right now at this moment. Ok GOd tell if he knows Thank you Lord. Ok Virtous I pray your helpmate comes forth soon

LovetoworshipJesus
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:14 am

Thank you LovetoworshipJesus! So do I...So do I!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:58 am

I spent a summer interceding. I was in between schools and didn't find a summer job so I interceded, that was kind of my "job". Even though it didn't feel hard. I prayed for my husband that summer. As I began to pray day after day I would try to say the name "Brian" instead of "my husband" or whatever. I never did actually say that name because of course I had no idea if that was his name or not. Like I said, I was in a transitional place where I didn't have any roots and didn't know anyone my age at my parent's church. God had also promised me a trip to California (I had only ever lived in North Carolina) by the next year. I never had a dream of a future spouse.

Fast forward about 6 months and I"m at school of ministry and a I notice that I"m worshipping beside a certain guy at a conference two nights in a row. This is a MorningStar conference so it's HUGE....you have a slim chance of being beside the same person up front randomly two nights in a row. He caught my eye, thought he was very cute but out of my league. It just so happens that I am in the same class as this guy. I had never noticed him until that conference. He comes up to me at break in school three weeks later and makes small talk with me. I was very shy and had no friends at the school so he had to approach me to talk to me. We had to go back to class so I asked him very hurriedly where he was from. He said "CAlifornia" and by the way, my name is Brian. I went back to my seat and cried. I knew I had just met my husband.

Did he know I was going to be his wife when he came and talked to me? No. It was a different process for him because we all have a different walk with God. I'm going to tell you something else....we have had a very hard marriage. Even if God puts you together people still make their own choices. People will always let you down but God is the only one who stays closer than a brother. Just keep that in mind. People are still human.....only God is perfect.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:37 pm

hmmm yes S2 u make some sad but true points,,, bandaid :uhoh: there is also the possability that the person ur waiting 4 has the choice 2 not be ur partner even thouh they r gods choice 4 u,,ther is still this free will aspect that god doesnt violate,,i wood hate 2 see someone wait 4 years 4 someone ,only 2 have them go a different path,and the person waiting is devestated,,,it wood be earth shattering,, duh im devided on this issue,,i think it happens 2 a small number of ppl,,not an absolute,,i mean look at how many devorces ther r in christian marriage,,up2 50% split.. bandaid i kno u cant blame god 4 that,,im just saying,,well thats my Two Cents worf,, flower flower D

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:59 am

Sunshine2,
I hope your marriage is doing better. I mean...I don't know what to say. I am at a loss for words after reading your post.

Question...What made you all of a sudden want to make it a point to say "Brian"?

Just curious...

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:13 am

Virtuous...Well, it wasn't a concious thing. It;s like I was praying and I was just repeating the words that I would hear as I was praying and I would hear this name. AFter a while every time this same name would come up, I would hear it but I would never say it because I didn't know if I was hearing God or not. I was in fact hearing God, we have been married 10 years.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:26 am

Oh, okay!

It appears that a multitude of us, here on this site, are praying and believing God for our husbands/wives. It's almost as if there is going to be a domino effect of marriages taking place.

On the other hand, I have a deep feeling of urgency that God is also about to move mightily in those who are already married. Contrary to what others may think, marriage is VERY important to God and He has a purpose for and in them that He IS NOT going to allow the enemy to keep destroying them. I believe that with all of my heart and soul.

You and your husband be blessed in Jesus' name!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:39 am

Virtuous, thanks. I believe that too. It's something that just needs to happen. I can't wait to hear of other's testimonies and to have my own. :cute:

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:50 am

there is also the possability that the person ur waiting 4 has the choice 2 not be ur partner even thouh they r gods choice 4 u,,ther is still this free will aspect that god doesnt violate

Thats a point well made dreamster. We ALL have free choice--God doesn't push anything on us. If one door closes on one person, there is another better door that God can open for us! I think as Christians we sometimes limit God even in the choice of a spouse!

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:33 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top