Two questions...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two questions...

Post by Boscoe Jenkins on Tue May 26, 2009 11:32 am

I have two questions...In my dreams I have the ability to discern what a person is thinking I can hear it as if the person were next to me speaking...How come some people can do that in their dreams & not in their waking life? I know that Jesus was able to discern what was in a persons heart.

My other question is, I know there are prophets in the world. Some of them are truly gifted & some are false prophets. I honestly believe that the lord has given me such a gift.. the things I see are usually shown to me when I'm dreaming but I cant tell if what i'm seeing is a dream or something prophetic, & its spontaneous when things are shown to me & the events happen in time too late. How can I better prepare myself for something the things i see & how can I grow from having this gift??

Boscoe Jenkins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Two questions...

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2009 3:09 pm

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.
But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
but he who prophesies edifies the church.
20Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults. 21In the Law it is written:
"Through men of strange tongues
and through the lips of foreigners
I will speak to this people,
but even then they will not listen to me,"[f] says the Lord.
22Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers. 23So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and some who do not understand[g] or some unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind? 24But if an unbeliever or someone who does not understand[h]comes in while everybody is prophesying, he will be convinced by all that he is a sinner and will be judged by all, 25and the secrets of his heart will be laid bare. So he will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, "God is really among you!"
Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 30And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop. 31For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged. 32The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets. 33For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue May 26, 2009 9:33 pm

Raye:

for your first question, I wonder if God is showing you that you really DO have the gift of discernment and in time he'll show you how to use it? I knew that I had the gift of discernment when I would know what others would say (or feel what they would say) before they'd say it. Also, when I would have dreams about others/other things, they would take place days or weeks later. I thought that was dejavu but realized later that it was just the holyghost "leading me" to know certain things before they happen! One thing that I've learned: God will never send you out without preparing you. Spend some time in prayer and God will show you some things. HE ALWAYS protects his children--so in little ways he will show you when danger is approaching etc (don't just look to God to speak in one way because he can speak through many avenues, you just have to be open to that and don't limit his movement!)

It takes time for you to grow in your gift and being on this site--stepping out in faith to help others with their dreams, etc, will also help you to better develop in your gifting! As I've said, spend some time in prayer and ask God to show you what you need to know so that you won't be confused. Let him show you what the difference between "false", your own imagination, and Him is!

It will get better! PRasie GOd that there's always hope!
smooches
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boscoe Jenkins on Wed May 27, 2009 1:40 am

Wow, Thank you That was really helpful I did not know what I was seeing...Thank u Jesus huggins That's so cool your blessed with such a gift.

Boscoe Jenkins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed May 27, 2009 3:54 am

I give God all the glory--its Him and TOTALLY not me!!! lol! :clap: you're totally welcome! kiss

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top