Jamaican Countryside

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jamaican Countryside

Post by lola21st on Fri May 22, 2009 9:39 pm

Unfortunately, I lost a lot of this dream, but here's what I do remember...

Some friends and I were on vacation to go to Jamaica with a tour group (IRL my family is from Jamaica). The only one that I recognized was my friend P. Some in the group talked of needing to go back to P's city back here in the US because they needed to get something that they forgot. We went back to P's city so that our friends could get the stuff they forgot and several of us were passing time chatting in the bedroom of someone's house. Halle Berry and her daughter were watching something grow - it was something they got from a scavenger hunt in the neighborhood. :huh:

I went to a Party City store apparently to buy stuff for this trip. I noticed people at the end of the aisle running and realized it was because of a fight that had broken out. By the time I noticed the commotion and following the people, they were fighting at the top of the next aisle. I decided to pay for my stuff and leave.
In the next scene, we were now on a tour bus or van in Jamaica. We were driving through the countryside on our way to the beach and pulled up into this old estate. I made a comment to P that it felt like I'd been there before although it was the first time that I'd been there. He had the same feeling. On the estate there was a colonial home (which sat on a small hill maybe ten feet high) and in front of the home at the bottom of the hill, there was a wooden bench that was broken (the seat slats had separated from the base due to its old age). We all got out of the bus and walked up this hill in the front of the house (these hills were rolling hills and not that high maybe 5-10 feet high). The area was sunny, green, beautiful and peaceful. Although it was hot, there was a nice gentle breeze. P and I felt drawn to the area and we were on the top of the hill looking down on the meadow. He said he wanted to take a picture of us lon this hill later when we were dressed up. In my mind, I was worried at first because I'd gained some weight and I wasn't sure about what clothes I brought and if they still fit (IRL, I have gained some weight). Then I remembered I had a whole bunch of sundresses and had just bought a really beautiful one so I felt comfortable know that I'd be ready to take the picture with him. Then I woke up.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jamaican Countryside

Post by lola21st on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:46 pm

bumping this back up...same as a repost....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:20 pm

I don't have an interpretation for the whole thing. There were a couple of things that stood out to me and I"ll share those.

First of all the Halle Barry thing intrigued me. So I looked up the name Halle and it's a Nigerian name that means "unexpected gift" which I thought was really interesting espcially since she was watching a gift that she had gotten in a scavenger hunt. I feel like she symbolizes something fun and unexpected.

When you talk about Jamaica it feels like this is a place where you have influence from God. It may be about inheritance and things that God wants you to walk in from your family line. The fact that you were drawn to an old home and the fact that you felt a familiarity with the land tells me that it's something important for you. YOu were worried that you wouldn't feel comfortable or at ease but then you remembered that you had everything that you needed. Don't worry about "how you will fit" there (the fitting of the clothes) because God has called you and you are already supplied with everything you need!

Hope this was encouraging!

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:12 pm

Thanks Sunshine2, your interpretation was both encouraging and confirming some things in the spirit! I was still mulling over the Halle Berry symbol so especially appreciate your thoughts there, will take that to prayer! thumbs

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top