Pardon the interruption?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pardon the interruption?

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu May 21, 2009 8:58 am

Working at this quaint mom and pop store-front restaurant with a woman with blond hair who looked similar to Agent Skully in the hit television series "the X-Files". She had a baby in her arms (maybe a little older than a newborn) and she was switching the baby from arm to arm as she was preparing the meals. I thought the lady was amazing at what she did--especially doing it with a baby! lol! Her food mustve been good too, because there were alot of customers. I was just so impressed when she placed a big plate of grits out on the table. Suddenly, this older woman comes in complaining--in her hand is a cupcake with extra high swirrled pile of white icing on top. She is looking for some "blue salt"--which I have no idea what that is. I guess the woman is expecting me to look for it (since I'm new?) and she looks questionable and disapproving as I walk to an older gentleman to ask for help. I ignore her gestures and confidently approach the man. He tells me to look in the cabinets and that the product should be towards the front. After unsuccessfully searching in two cabinets, i find what I'm looking for. The salt is infact in a dark-blue shiny resealable bag and there's the "Morton's woman" (the woman with the umbrella and yellow dress?) on the front. (In this case, she doesn't have the umbrella. lol! ) Anyway, the salt looks like its blue crystal; I place the bag on a table in front of a window. The woman who inquired about the salt, sees it but goes back outside and returns to her vehicle! what WHy did she go through all that trouble just to go back to her car? I hate when people do that!!! People in the restaurant were discussing the blue salt and how its used to put in some foods to determine if a spouse/partner is unfaithful or not. :huh: what a day! lol!

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pardon the interruption?

Post by Guest on Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 am

Season all your grain offerings with salt. Do not leave the salt of the covenant of your God out of your grain offerings; add salt to all your offerings.
Don't you know that the LORD, the God of Israel, has given the kingship of Israel to David and his descendants forever by a covenant of salt?
You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.
Blue is always a representation of divine conexion,God's presence
The salt is God's covenant with his people.
Though evil is sweet in his mouth and he hides it under his tongue
Stolen water is sweet; food eaten in secret is delicious
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Thu May 21, 2009 9:50 am

Salt is used throughout the Bible as a symbol of loyalty and friendship, of hospitality and faithfulness. It also has antiseptic and cleansing properties.
Salt is a necessary ingredient in our food - it makes it more palatable. It's easier to get through a big plate of food that is seasoned and has some flavor than one that's bland.
Maybe this is a person who wants to see your evidence of being Christ's salt; I have seen older Christians get animosity for younger or baby christians because God is using them differently. They doubt the validity of the spirit, and they want to hold onto the familiar things. It's like she was saying, ya'll have this restaurant and all this food-but is it tasty? do you have salt? that baby is the ministry, and it is a thriving one. There is a lot of information that I see. The woman with the baby, is she someone who you are learning to train your spiritual gifts, maybe that has gifts alike, and she is well-balanced, like the proverbs 31 woman?

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu May 21, 2009 10:33 am

Thank you both for your responses. Mbstudent, can you give me the exact passage of those scriptures you mentioned?

I realize that I am the salt of the earth in my walk with God--I try to make sure that i am exhibiting Jesus Christ in my daily life. Sometimes it feels awkward not being able to do what others do because I have a new mindset now, but I know that in the end, taking a stand for Jesus will be worth it!!

Hislightbeam:
You brought up some interesting points. Food doesn't taste all that good without the proper seasoning (ie: salt) and in the old days, salt was a perservative so that meat could last months at a time. After waking from the dream, I thought about: blue salt being the holyghost/Jesus. I just knew that the salt in the dream was significant and maybe you're right--this lady wanted me to prove that "I knew what I was doing" and that "my life was lined up with the word of God"--we're living epistles being read of men daily so people ARE looking, even though they may not mention it!! The lady obviously wanted me to "prove myself" because she left after I found the salt.

The lady in the dream seemed very "multi-tasked" (if that's a word!!Lol) and I was impressed at how she could juggle running the restaurant, cooking, and the baby. I couldn't understand why she had to bring the baby to work but nevertheless she held it down!!Lol...I do believe that the baby was something new in the upcoming future that I will have to work with possibly--we'll have to see.

Keep me in prayer that I will continue to do the Lord's work and feed his flock and help out where I can!!

smooches to you
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 21, 2009 10:48 am

Leviticus 2:13
2 Chronicles 13:5
Matthew 5:13
Job 20:12
Proverbs 9:17
Isaiah 5:20

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu May 21, 2009 11:18 am

thank you flower

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Thu May 21, 2009 11:30 am

LOL, this girl is so sunny cool

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu May 21, 2009 1:13 pm

lol! smooches! I try to be--can you feel the sunshine?! rofl

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Thu May 21, 2009 3:32 pm

happy dance lol, yes, and we all need sunshine to grow and be happy. We are getting Vitamin Desiree!

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu May 21, 2009 5:45 pm

Vitamin Desiree

...you're too cute!!! :clap: rofl Where can I get it?lol

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Sat May 23, 2009 5:47 pm

hee hee LOL!!!Ohhh God...I just signed in today, but you are making me roll immediately

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sat May 23, 2009 6:09 pm

lol! rofl

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile