Disturbing dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disturbing dream

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu May 14, 2009 11:31 pm

Sleeping but awaking suddenly in the middle of the night as if I was alarmed. I tell my mother, who's laying down, that there's animals (ie:dogs) in the house! I see a dark brown cockerspaniel with its pup and a taller blue dog (possibly a great dane?) with fuzzy hair (almost like that of a poodle), walking in the den. How did they get there? I don't mind dogs, but in this case, it seemed like they were "mangy" or "off the street"--the visit was unexpected so I panicked! They were harmless, but I didn't want to take any chances! I get up and run to my parents room trying to hide from the intruders! I close the door, making sure that they didnt come in and touch me--ewww!! :eek: (I'm shaking in my boots as I write this because it seemed so real!! lol! and I'm kind of a "germaphobe"! )I kept calling my father (who was asleep) and when he woke up and sat up in the bed (he had on a white t-shirt by the way), I told him the dilemma. He asked if I had called the "animal services" or the "puppy pound" etc? Of course I said "no" because I was so startled by seeing them, I wasn't thinking to use the phone--I felt being in my parents room would keep me safe. My mom has gotten up and dressed in a nice outfit with a petty coat (which IRL she owns; she I remember her wearing this same outfit and her hair being the same way, some time last year for a picture we took together). It was dark outside and raining. My siblings were now in the living room with me and my mom was urging them not to go anywhere with her (I'm assuming she didn't want to wait for them to get dressed, and that she was coming right back). I guess my mother had let the dogs out!! WHEW! I felt better!

side note: I JUST had this dream a couple of hours ago, so when I awoke, I was definitely looking around my house for unwanted visitors!! rofl

thanks for listening
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disturbing dream

Post by dreamster on Fri May 15, 2009 12:22 am

hmm my first thoughts were of homeless men,,, duh duh um the ''off the streets '' phrase sent me there,,i mean the dogs wernt angry,,um ur reaction seems a little intense,,is there a fear of ''dogs'' i dont wana go any further till i kno im on trak sweety,, :uhoh: thumbs ok flower D

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 15, 2009 1:02 am

My brothers, as believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, don't show favoritism. 2Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in. 3If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, "Here's a good seat for you," but say to the poor man, "You stand there" or "Sit on the floor by my feet," 4have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?
5Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? 6But you have insulted the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? 7Are they not the ones who are slandering the noble name of him to whom you belong?
8If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself,"[a] you are doing right. 9But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11For he who said, "Do not commit adultery,"[b] also said, "Do not murder."[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.
12Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 15, 2009 1:05 am

james2:1-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Fri May 15, 2009 7:28 am

I do have fear of dogs when their vicious, but in this case I was just "startled" because I didn't know how to react!

I try not to show favoritism to anyone and I don't mind helping out those in "need"--I love it actually. Dont know, but I just assumed the dogs were some "unwelcome visitors"--I think the one dog being blue was significant in this case

Thanks for the scriptures MbStudent and the comments Dreamster

smooches
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 15, 2009 8:51 am

The teaching is not personal Desiree..It was designed for the body of believers..
Sorry..

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri May 15, 2009 9:08 am

I wonder if maybe you will have visitors pop in who make you feel uncomfortable?

These breeds aren't vicious per se - the great dane has declined in popularity but I remember when I was little people used to be afraid of them as they are these days about Pit Bulls and Rottweilers - but it felt like Great Danes were more bark than bite, it was Dobermans that were the real "terror"....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Fri May 15, 2009 9:55 am

I wonder if maybe you will have visitors pop in who make you feel uncomfortable?

I believe you're right about this one. I felt the same way! An unexpected guest that will make me feel uncomfy--we'll have to see!

thanks

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri May 15, 2009 2:53 pm

hmm i was thinkin about it later and that scrip frm rev came 2 me about the nu city,,and outside r the dogs ..and unclean ,,,im wondering if there are gonna be 2 ppl that r unclean will make a visit,,,perhaps ur seeing somethang b4 it happens,,, bandaid thumbs unpleasent i kno,,but ur fore warned,,thats good,, thumbs flower flower flower D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Fri May 15, 2009 6:06 pm

I ALWAYS see things before they happen!! lol! You've made some interesting points--where's that scripture located?

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri May 15, 2009 7:13 pm

hmmm i thought u wer the brainy one.. idea lol! ok i'll find it,, :whew: :whew: :whew: ohh lordy ...help me jesus,, :roflx: :roflx: its ok ,,u just :manicure: :manicure: ....um here it is,,rev 22;15,, :HiBye: huggins D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Fri May 15, 2009 9:01 pm

I still am!!Lol...just needed a little help!lol...thank you, will read it later!

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri May 15, 2009 10:44 pm

oh how silly of me 2 think otherwise duh lol! um no charge,, :clap: thumbs flower

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun May 17, 2009 4:27 pm

I wonder if the dogs represent people who have lots of potential, but have let themselves go....does that make sense? and maybe it seems like they want to hang around you..

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sun May 17, 2009 4:46 pm

As in, "they're not doing anything with their lives" yet still want to be in my company?

I figured the dogs were some "undesirables" so to speak--but I wasn't offended, just startled.

I will definitely pray

thanks for your help--we'll just have to see

desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:53 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down