Unexpected Desert Trip - Unprepared

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unexpected Desert Trip - Unprepared

Post by SheBelieves on Thu May 14, 2009 7:05 am

This was a weird dream and it has me baffled - especially in light of the dream about being unprepared for a trip last week. But, this one is really strange.

For some reason my abusive ex-husband was taking a drive to the desert and my girlfriend, Linda, and I went with him. But once we got out to the desert, it turns out it was not to be just a day trip, but a four-day mini-vacation. Many of his friends were there in this little Mexican village by a lake, with their boats and campers and 4-wheelers. Linda and I only had the clothes on our back and were totally unprepared for this trip. We had things to do at home and never would have gone if we knew it was going to be longer than a day trip. We wanted to go back home but no one would take us. We were stuck in the desert.

We went into the village to try to buy some clothes, sandals, bathing suits and toiletries. We went to both of the only two stores in the town. Every pair of sandals I tried on either did not fit or fell apart. There were no shorts or sundresses in my size, nor any bathing suits. We didn't know what we were going to do. Then I woke up.

In real life, I have not been with my ex in over 10 yrs and I am very happily married now.

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unexpected Desert Trip - Unprepared

Post by lola21st on Thu May 14, 2009 10:21 am

Just thoughts...

Is there an area in your waking life where you might feel like there's not a good fit (you don't fit in)? You may feel like things are out of your control, you don't feel effective in this setting? And if you knew then what you know now, you might not have made a decision that's now causing buyer's remorse?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top