House dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

House dream

Post by seekingone on Sat May 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have never posted here before and I am going to give as little background info on this dream as possible because I am concerned that if I give you too much of my opinion or thoughts it might just lead you to an interpretation based more on my own thoughts about it than directed by God. I have awesome Pastors and friends who interpret for me and I pray and get interpretations of my own, but there is something I am grappling with at the moment that I feel I need outside interpretation on. So here it goes . .

House dream—May 1st

I was looking at a backyard, inside of a house and front/side yard as if I were buying it. There were lots of trees surrounding the grounds. Some neighbors were acting as if I’d already decided to purchase it and was moving in. They were welcoming and also were removing things from the home they said had been theirs, while also bringing things like cake to welcome me and my family. The backyard had a body of water in it of some kind on a lower level of the lawn. I wasn’t thrilled about that. I am not fond of water on property due to the lack of safety with young children (I have two young boys). There was an enclosed sort of tent/gazebo thing and I liked that and thought Tom (my husband) would like it. I got the impression in the dream that Tom was with me, but I didn’t see him. It was like he was beside me, but I wasn’t looking at him because I was taking in my surroundings. The area the house was in was like someplace a little more removed from society. I wasn’t sure I liked that either. Inside I liked the living room well enough. It had a nice view of the backyard and the curtains were blowing nicely and were pretty, etc. I could see a bedroom off of that room, or at least I think that is what it was. Most of my memory was focused on the kitchen where there was a stove and island and then it was like I transitioned to the outside and there were two loungers facing a television or something like that and there were two cooking pits—like a fancy sort of barbeque. Back inside there was a bedroom off of the kitchen that had blue carpet and was rather small. I thought to myself that this house wasn’t bigger than what I currently have, nor was it much newer, and this bedroom was small, so why would we buy it? Then there was a room off of that bedroom that had a glass door or plastic door you could see through and I opened it and it was like a basement/storage area. It was all cleaned out, which I thought was good. It was long and narrower than I’d like—not really like an extra room, more for storage. I went outside and our neighbors to the side in the front turned out to be two men. They were cleaning their cars I think. I had in my head that the house was built 55 years ago or that it was built in 1955 or something like that and I was worried it was too old.

Overall emotions I felt in the dream ranged from excitement about possible change, curiousity about things present in the dream, concern (like about the water or the size of the home and bedrooms), happy the storage area was empty, anxiety about the fact that at least one person in the dream, the woman who came into the house to drop off cake and welcome us and take something off the wall she said she'd given the previous owner, thought we had already made a decision about the home and I didn't want to commit to the home yet, even though there were things I liked about it.

Okay, I'll stop there and leave it at that for now. What do you all think?

Me

seekingone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: House dream

Post by lola21st on Sat May 02, 2009 11:45 pm

Are you considering a change in ministry or church and you're evaluating your options now? Are there some who see your interest and have assumed that you're ready to commit when in fact you're still in the 'fact finding' stage? Are you currently involved in the church (or would like to be) in a role that involves a direct involvement with people, e.g., teaching, pastoring, evangelism, missions?

There are several concerns:

- You might not grow in the role as much as you'd like in this ministry
- it is important that you and your family have quality time together while in this new ministry, you're seeking a balance (the enclosed tent/gazebo was a feature that you liked, but you didn't like that the bedroom was so small). It's not clear that you would have this at the new home
- Overall it doesn't appear to offer anything new that you're not already experiencing in your current situation nor does it really meet your needs.

On the plus side, your discerning spirit has shown you that there are no lingering issues in this ministry, no baggage. And you do feel the Holy Spirit's presence there (curtains blowing nicely and were pretty). Nontheless, this might not be the right setting for you.

Please pray on what's been said.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seekingone on Sun May 03, 2009 4:17 am

Thank you for the quick response. I won't get into details yet, but I will say that this is amazing. I think there is a lot of accuracy to this interpretation, however I will do as you said and continue to pray on it and seek God. I will also come back on to tell about how all of this plays out and give more details about what I believe this pertains to. Thank you again. I will say this--I am not considering a change in church, but a change in ministry of sorts.

seekingone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 03, 2009 8:12 am

If four is the number of the world, then it represents man's weakness, and helplessness, and vanity, as we have seen.
But four plus one (4+1=5) is significant of Divine strength added to and made perfect in that weakness; of omnipotence combined with the impotence of earth; of Divine favour uninfluenced and invincible.
The word "the earth" is Cr)h (Ha-Eretz).
Redemption follows creation. Inasmuch as in consequence of the fall of man creation came under the curse and was "made subject to vanity," therefore man and creation must be redeemed. Thus we have:

1. Father
  2. Son
  3. Spirit
  4. Creation
  5. Redemption

These are the five great mysteries, and five is therefore the number of GRACE.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 03, 2009 8:40 am

THE TABERNACLE

had five for its all-pervading number; nearly every measurement was a multiple of five. Before mentioning these measurements we ought to notice that worship itself is all of grace! No one can worship except those who are sought and called of the Father (John 4:23). "Blessed is the man whom Thou choosest and causest to approach unto Thee, that he may dwell in Thy courts; we shall be satisfied with the goodness of Thy house, even of Thy holy temple" (Psalm 65:4).
The Divine title of the book we call Leviticus is in the Hebrew Canon "He CALLED." It is the book of worship, showing how those who are to worship must be called by God, and showing how He wills to be approached. The book opens with the direction that if any man will bring an offering to the Lord he shall bring such and such an offering. The offerers and the priests are told minutely all that is to be done. Nothing is left to their imagination.
We have seen that Leviticus is the third book of the Bible. It comes to us stamped with the number of Divine perfection. The opening words are, "And Jehovah spake," an expression which occurs in the book 36 times (32x22).*

* Leviticus 4:1, 5:14, 6:1,8,19,24, 7:22,28, 8:1, 10:8, 11:1, 12:1, 13:1, 14:1,33, 15:1, 16:1,2, 17:1, 18:1, 19:1, 20:1, 21:1,16, 22:1,17,26, 23:1,9,23,26,33, 24:1,13, 25:1, 27:1.
Indeed, this third book is unique, consisting, as it does, almost wholly of the words of Jehovah. No other book of the Bible is so full of Divine utterances. It is fitting, therefore, that the number three should be stamped upon it.

• "I AM JEHOVAH" occurs 21 times (3x7).*
  • "I AM THE JEHOVAH YOUR GOD" occurs 21 times (3x7).**
  • "I JEHOVAH AM" occurs three times (19:1, 20:26; 21:8); and "I JEHOVAH DO" twice (21:15, 22:9), or five times together.

* Leviticus 11:45, 28:5,6,22, 19:12,14,16,18,28,30,32,37, 20:8, 21:12, 22:2,8,31,32,33, 26:2,45.
** Leviticus 11:44, 28:4,30, 19:3,4,10,25,31,34,36, 20:7,24, 23:22,43, 24:22, 25:17,38,55, 26:1,13,44.
Here then we have Divine communication, and the number of Deity stamped upon it. This might have been brought out under the number three, but it is well to have it here in connection with worship as springing from the will of God, and being founded in grace.
The Tabernacle has this number of grace (five) stamped upon it.
The outer court was 100 cubits long and 50 cubits wide. On either side were 20 pillars, and along each end were 10 pillars, or 60 in all; that is 5 x 12, or grace in governmental display before the world, 12 being the number of the Tribes.
The pillars that held up the curtains were 5 cubits apart and 5 cubits high, and the whole of the outer curtain was divided into squares of 25 cubits (5x5). Each pair of pillars thus supported an area of 52 cubits of fine white linen, thus witnessing to the perfect grace by which alone God's people can witness for Him before the world. Their own righteousness (the fine linen) is "filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6), and we can only say "by the grace of God I am what I am" (1Corinthians 15)—a sinner saved by grace. This righteousness is based on atonement, for 5 x 5 was also the measure of the brazen altar of burnt offering. This was the perfect answer of Christ to God's righteous requirements, and to what was required of man.
True, this brazen altar was only 3 cubits high, but this tells us that the provision was Divine in its origin, that atonement emanates solely from God.
The building itself was 10 cubits high, 10 cubits wide, and 30 cubits long. Its length was divided into two unequal parts, the Holy place being 20 cubits long; and the Holy of Holies 10 cubits, being therefore a perfect cube of 10 cubits. It was formed of forty-eight boards, twenty on either side, and eight at the end, the front being formed of a curtain hung on five pillars. These forty-eight boards (3x42) are significant of the nation as before God in the fulness of privilege on the earth (4x12). The twenty boards on each side were held together by five bars passing through rings which were attached to them.
The curtains which covered the Tabernacle structure were four in number. The first was made of ten curtains of byssus in various colours adorned with embroidered cherubim. Each curtain was 28 (4x7) cubits long and four wide. They were hung five on each side, probably sewn together to form one large sheet (20x28); the two sheets coupled together by loops, and fifty (5x10) taches of gold. The second covering was formed of eleven curtains of goats' hair, each 30 cubits long and four wide, joined together in two sheets fastened by loops and taches of brass. The third was of rams' skins dyed red, and the fourth was of tachash (or coloured) skins,* of which the dimensions are not given.

* Probably of a sacrificial animal.
The Entrance Vails were three in number. The first was "the gate of the court," 20 cubits wide and 5 high, hung on 5 pillars. The second was "the door of the Tabernacle," 10 cubits wide and 10 high, hung like the gate of the court on 5 pillars. The third was the "beautiful vail," also 10 cubits square, which divided the Holy place from the Holy of Holies. One feature of these three vails is remarkable. The dimensions of the vail of the court and those of the Tabernacle were different, but yet the area was the same. The former was 20 cubits by 5 = 100 cubits; the latter were 10 cubits by 10, equaling 100 cubits also. Thus while there was only one gate, one door, one vail, they each typified Christ as the only door of entrance for all the blessings connected with salvation. But note that the "gate" which admitted to the benefits of atonement was wider and lower (20 cubits wide, and 5 cubits high); while the door which admitted to worship was both higher and narrower, being only 10 cubits wide, half the width, and twice the height (10 cubits high); thus saying to us, that not all who experience the blessings of atonement understand or appreciate the true nature of spiritual worship. The highest worship—admittance to the mercy-seat—was impossible for the Israelites except in the person of their substitute—the high priest; for the beautiful vail barred their access. Yet this vail was rent in twain the moment the true grace which came by Jesus Christ was perfectly manifested. And it was rent by the act of God in grace, for it was rent "from the top to the bottom."
It is worthy of note, and it is a subject which might well be further investigated by those who have leisure, that the Gematria of Hebrews 9, which gives an account of the Tabernacle, yields the number five as a factor. Taking each letter as standing for its corresponding figure, the value of Hebrews 9:2-10, describing the Tabernacle and its furniture, is 103,480. The factors of this number are all full of significance, viz., 5 x 8 x 13 x 199; where we have five the number of grace, four the number of the world, the sphere in which it is manifested, while in thirteen we have the number of sin and atonement. (See under Thirteen.)
In like manner the second section of the chapter (Hebrews 9:11-28), which relates to the application of the type to Christ and His atoning work, is a simple multiple of thirteen, viz., 204,451 (13x15,727).
While the important digression in verses 16, 17, and 18, amounts to 11,830, which is 132 x 14 x 5, where we have the same great important factors. THE PREPOSITIONS CONNECTED WITH SUBSTITUTION

used in connection with atonement, expressing Christ's death on behalf of His people, occur also in multiples of five:—
uper (huper), which means on behalf of, in the interests of, occurs 585 times, the factors of this being 5 x 13 x 9, i.e., grace, atonement, and judgment.
peri (peri), a word of similar sense and usage, meaning about or concerning, occurs 195 times, of which the factors are 5 x 13 x 3, or grace, atonement, and divinity. THE HOLY ANOINTING OIL (Exodus 30:23-25)

was composed of five parts, for it was a revelation of pure grace. This five is marked by the numbers four and one. For four parts were spices, and one was oil.
The four principal species:—

1. Myrrh, 500 shekels (5x100).
  2. Sweet cinnamon, 250 shekels (5x50).
  3. Sweet calamus, 250 shekels (5x50).
  4. Cassia, 500 shekels (5x100).

And olive oil, one hin.
This anointing oil was holy, for it separated to God; nothing else could separate. It was of God, and therefore of grace; and therefore the number of its ingredients was five, and their quantities were all multiples of five.
Seven classes of persons or things were consecrated with this holy oil:—

1. Aaron and his sons.
  2. The Tabernacle itself.
  3. The table and its vessels.
  4. The candlestick and its furniture.
  5. The altar of burnt offering and its vessels.
  6. The altar of incense.
  7. The laver and its foot.

The word for "consecration" and the act are so misunderstood that it may be well to make a passing note upon it. The Hebrew is )lm (Mah-leh). It means, to fill, fill up, complete. Its first occurrence is Genesis 1:22, "multiply and fill the waters in the seas." So 21:19, "she filled the bottle with water"; 29:21, "My days are fulfilled"; Exodus 15:9, "My soul shall have its fill of them"; 28:41, "Thou shalt fill their hand." This has been translated consecrate, which is a comment rather than a translation.
When this word is used with the word dy (yad), hand, it means to fill the hand, especially with that which is the sign and symbol of office, i.e., to fill the hand with a sceptre was to set apart or consecrate to the office of king. To fill the hand with certain parts of sacrifices, was to set apart for the office of priest and to confirm their right to offer both gifts and sacrifices to God, Exodus 29:22-25, 28:41, 29:9, 32:29. (See also Hebrews 5:1, 8:3,4.) A "ram of consecration" (or of filling) was a ram with parts of which the hands of the priests were filled when they were set apart to their office.
Whenever the word refers to official appointment, or separation to a work or dignity, it is the sovereign act of God, and the accompanying symbolical act was the filling of the hand of the person so appointed with the sign which marked his office. Hence the verb means in this usage to invest with an office, to communicate a dignity. It is needless to say that no man can do this for himself. It must be the act of God.
When the word is used of what man can do it is followed by the preposition l, which means "to" or "for," as in 2 Chronicles 29:31, to fill the hand for one, i.e., to bring offerings (to Jehovah), which is quite a different thing altogether. There is no idea here of what is called today, "consecration." It is a simple offering of gifts, which the offerer brings in his hands.
Only Jehovah Himself can invest a man with the privilege of any office in His service. "No man taketh this honour unto himself but he that is called of God" (Hebrews 5:4). Hence the Lord Jesus is specially called "the Anointed," which is in Hebrew Messiah, and in Greek CriostoV, Christos, and in English Christ. Those who vainly talk about "consecrating themselves" should read 2 Chronicles 13:9.
At the consecration of the priest under the Old Covenant in Exodus 29:20, the numbers three and five accompany the act of Divine grace. Three acts, each associated with five. The blood, and afterwards the holy oil upon it, was put—

1. On the tip of the right ear, signifying that the Holy Spirit would cause him to hear the Word of God, and separating his five senses for God;
  2. On the thumb of his right hand (one of the five digits), signifying that he was to do and act for God;
  3. On the great toe of his right foot (again five), signifying that his personal walk was to be conformed to God's Word.

Thus it is now that the Holy Spirit consecrates all who are priests unto God. It is a Divine act, an act of sovereign grace. A grand reality when done for the sinner by God the Holy Ghost, but a worthless vanity when presumptuously done by a mortal man.

Back to top Go down

Post by seekingone on Sun May 03, 2009 7:10 pm

This is a very detailed response. Thank you. How would you say this applies to the dream? (of course I realize it directly connects to the number 55 in the dream, and that 5 signifies grace). I also read that 50 means : Pentecost; Holy Spirit; jubilee; liberty; freedom.

seekingone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sun May 03, 2009 7:17 pm

To God be the Glory!

I look forward to hearing your story and how this dream manifests.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

House dream

Post by seekingone on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi there,
I haven't been on much at all since I first posted a dream back in May, but I promised to come back and reply, so I am doing so now. I just wanted everyone who helped to know that much of what was shared was accurate. I was on the fence about taking a new job. I am a teacher and I have been teaching out of state for 10 years now and the commute was about 45 minutes to an hour each way every day. I wanted something closer to home and was interested in teaching at a local private Christian school about six minutes from my house. In many ways the job will be the same--teaching is teaching and you can try to take God out of schools, but you can't take God out of the Christian, so I was always who I am whether in public or private school. However, I knew that an added benefit to working in a Christian school would be the freedom it would allow me in speaking about God with my students daily. I was concerned because I didn't think my Pastors were in agreement that I make the change and I was also worried because my pay would go down significantly. So there were pros and cons and that dream seemed to have been a working out of them. My Pastors actually told me when I spoke with them further that they felt I made the right decision to leave my other school and take the job at the Christian school , they had just been concerned because they knew my pay would decrease and wanted to make sure I'd be okay. I was also worried that my son might have to do without in some areas because of less money coming in, but I think the fact that his tuition is covered and he'll get a Christian education is going to be worth it in the end. Anyway, it was amazing how accurate the interpretation was, that I was making a decision and wasn't sure whether it was worth making the change. The holy spirit was in it, and there was no baggage, but the concern was that I might not grow there. The "house" I was looking at was actually the job at the Christian school. The gazebo did, in fact, represent more family time because I will be working so much closer to home and the hours are so different that I will gain lots of family time this way. So that was a big consideration. I just wanted to throw those things in as reminders for those that responded originally so that it can jog their memories if they can no longer find this message strand. Anyway, thank you!
Malissa

seekingone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top