Overtaken by a river

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Overtaken by a river

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:50 pm

I dreamed last night:
I was driving up and down a hi-way I know in real life. As I was about to cross the Kansas River, I lost control of my white minivan (I don't drive a mini-van in real life) and went over the embankment/cliff. I was thrown from the van, but managed to land on my side on a ledge. Someone came over the edge and tried to reach out to help me, but before we could make contact with one another, the ledge gave way and I fell into the river. As I swept under the bridge, the scene sort of changed and it was more like a rock quarry or cave and I was trapped inside/under the bridge. I went to the rock wall and started screaming for help. I then noticed there were two other women also trapped underneath the bridge with me. They laughed at me for trying to cry out for help and assured me no one would hear me. I had this feeling that I was different and kept trying anyways. We did hear voices of rescuers and tried to yell back, but they could not hear me.
Then I looked around me and realized that under the bridge it was like a dry, rocky creekbed. The rock was was damming off the river. There were other people around. I was kind of amazed that for being trapped under there for as long as they had been, they looked very good. The women were wearing black pencil skirts and high heels!!! On the other side of the bridge was an outlet for water, but it was a high cliff. So, you could crawl out, but then you'd fall. Then, the people began to get ready for a flooding. On a regular basis, the rock wall would open and the waters rush under the bridge. There was immediate danger of either drowning, or being swept out to the cliff and falling to your death. Almost simultaneously, the rumoe amongst the trapped people was that the rescuers were coming, but no one knew if they would come before the opening of the dam and the river going through its flooding. 3 of the women who had heard the rescuers were coming crowded together. They had their purses and checkbooks. I was thinking, "Man, how'd they find their purses when their vans went over the embankment? It'd be nice to see mine, just cause it'd be a comfort of familiarity. But these silly women, those purses aren't going to do them any good. I'd rather have my hands free so I can hold on to something, cause the flooding's coming before the rescuers can get here!" I found tree roots or the like and braced myself. I could hear the roar of the flooding waters coming. I woke up.

I have prayed about what this dream means. I haven't had anything from the Holy Spirit. I have tried to analyze the dream on my own, but just really not sure. Any thoughts/leadings would be appreciated. The most significant detail in the dream was the woman who was not just clutching her purse, but her checkbook too and thinking to myself, "Man, Lady, that ain't gonna do you a bit of good down here." and the feeling over and over again that this shouldn't be happening to me. This kind of stuff happens to other people.

In real life, my husband was just passed over for a job that we thought would provide some financial stability for us. I trust that God will take care of us in his current commission-only job. In my prayer time last night, I prayed for guidance as to whether I need to go back to work, and if so, how much. I have 3 kiddos who are my passion. So, there is a chance that this dream was just me picking back up on all the real life stuff. But it really did seem like a divinely-given dream. Thanks for your time and prayers!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Overtaken by a river

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:21 pm

this is prophetic and should not be ignored. you are about to go through a trying time. you will feel trapped after going through the ordeal. people around you will try and get you down with there negativity. you are different because you are blessed and highly favored and God has given you the wisdom to help you in this situation. the others will think they can buy themselves out of the problem but you know better...hanging on to Gods Word will keep you secure! I will pray God will come swiftly to your aide to get you out of that trap. When the situation occurs, the rest of the details will make sence. dreams like this sometimes take a few months to come to pass. Pray about it and pray that God will remind you of this dream when it happens in real life. It was given to you ahead of time to encourage you during your time of need. blessings to you sister!
love,
Daph

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:59 am

Thank you Daphne. I was afraid that that was what this meant. I have been greatly worn down by some things that have gone on over the 2 years. The thought of going through one more thing is more than I can handle. But, I am learning to recognize that I go through these times so He can be made greater in my life. When I am weak, He is strong!
Can you help me direct my prayers through this? Prayer for perseverence? Patience? I know the Holy Spirit will perfect my prayers, but how do you pray for someting before it happens? Especially when you do not even know what "it" is!
It would be really great to see a posting/teaching lesson on how to direct prayer based on prophetic dreams!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:10 am

What a great idea! i will let Mia know that about the teaching. I want to let you know that the Lord had me pray for you in the middle of the night last night. I kept seeing "RnestseekR" in my head and couldnt stop repeating the word. I had a very strong urge to pray. i read so many dreams that by then i had forgotten it was you that had the river dream. sorry! but the Lord knew and He knew you needed prayer! So when i came online and saw it WAS you that posted this dream, I knew why I had been praying! The important thing is not to let dreams put fear in your life. The Lord gives them to us to encourage us. What i do is keep an online diary (its easier online) and when im going through something i'll find the dream i KNOW pertains to the situation. I look for the encouraging things God has already promised me in it. Prayer is SUCH a good idea! If you EVER have a warning dream the BEST thing to do is get on your knees. God is faithful! He will not let the righteous fall even if 10,000 fall to our right and to our left!
when i read your dream i was encouraged by your attitude and your faith. You KNOW God will deliver you from the situation.
blessings to you,
Daph happy dance

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:59 am

Boy oh boy, that dream gave me chills!!! I will be praying with you as well.

Cholette

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:19 pm

Thank you online family. I am crying at the moment - feeling so blessed in the way that Jesus cares for me through you. Your prayers are coveted. I am trying not to be afraid. "Back to the Bible" today taught on what the Isrealites missed out on because they did not believe God's promises. If Jesus says He's gonna' rescue me from a trap under a bridge and a river of icy, flowing water, I better be believing Him!!!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:57 pm

Amen to that ! I would be happy to pray in agreement with you. I will add you to my prayer journal. God bless and just remember that God never gives us more than we can handle and that he knows the exact time it needs to happen. Hang in there and put your full trust in the fact that he will show his glory and amaze you with how he will help you.

Last year my apartment got hit by a tornado and the Lord showed it to me a few weeks in advance. When it happened I knew right away what was going on and I had so much peace about it. We were given 24 hours to vacate our 2 bed 2 bath apartment and I am a working girl, so that meant about 12 hours to move. I called my church for prayer and the next morning about 6 able bodied men showed up and 4 trucks with trailers. They had me totally moved in 2 hours, the apartment complex got me another apartment right away and we helped 4 other families move the same day. I am living example of what God can do! Trust Him in all you do and you will not be disappointed.

I will keep you in my prayers,

Connie praying praying praying praying

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Here's a scripture for you that popped into my mind concerning you!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11

God loves you and this is NOT HIS DOING because he doesn't do ANYTHING to harm us, but what He does is use circumstances to show us who HE IS and to give us hope. Like Daph says, sometimes these warnings come well in advance. He's such a loving God that He didn't allow the whole thing to take you off guard...He told you AHEAD of time so you could prepare yourself....WHOA...HE IS SO GOOD!!!!!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:09 pm

Amen and I could not agree more! I so love that verse. One I think I will put on my wall. The Lord showed that to me in a dream about a week ago. He is so awesome! My Beloved talks to me in my dream and I am speechless. I would love one time to be able to tell Him in my dream......I love you so much.......I need you and want to be so near to you all the time! Nothing matters to me but you.....You are my everything!

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:20 pm

Thank you all!!!!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delaine on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:05 pm

RnestseekR,

As I read your dream and the interpretation, it reminded me of me. You talk about trouble! I remember that in 1996 I had a dream that I was in a big house and I was running from room to room. Each room had a different scenery, and I didn't actually see the person that was pursuing me, but I knew it was the enemy.

Since that time, I have been in a veritable tornado. When I get out of one situation, here comes another. I remember one dear sister saying to me 11 years ago, "you're stronger than you think." She was absolutely right, because I had the Holy Spirit living on the inside of me!

I want you to know that life sometimes comes at you HARD, but greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. Everything that Satan sends to destroy you, God will turn it for your good! You are not alone. Daniel 7:25 said that Satan will "wear out the saints of the Most High."

You may not understand everything right now, but the Lord is making something so beautiful in you that you won't recognize yourself when He's finished! Know that your on-line family is praying for you. After you have suffered a while, He will make you perfect, strengthen, stablish, and settle you--and you will be a tremendous blessing to many!

Praying fervently for you!

Delaine

Delaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:13 pm

Thank you so much for encouragement Delaine. I look most forward to the "settle you" part! The Daniel verse is new to me. I do believe Satan is doing all he can to wear me out! Thank you ALL for your prayers!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:10 pm

Remember that we are over comers by the blood of the Lamb and the WORD of our testimony. Stay blessed.

Connie

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:48 am

For all of you who prayed for me after I had this dream, I wanted to fill you in on it's meaning and coming to pass in real life. I felt absolutely called to bring my 87 year old Alzheimer grandmother into my home to care for here, as it turned out, with the help of hospice. Again, I was given a dream to help confirm this (but did not make the decision based on the dream). Throughout the month of November, I worked with her current assisted living facility and hospice to get everything done in order to bring her home November 30th. During that time, she contracted pneumonia which did not respond to oral antibiotics as it should have. As it turned out, the Lord's timing is perfect! I would have had to have brought her home with me anyways, b/c she could not have stayed in her facility of the pneuonina was not being actively treated, and she had a DNR which explicitly stated no IV antibiotics.
At the same time, my other grandmother also came down with pneumonia and ended up in a hospital. I was torn between whcih grandma to help each day!
On the day we went to go pick up the Alzheimer's grandma, I said to my husband, "I feel like I am walking the plank, and giving my life away." Immediately, I was reminded of this dream, especially the part where I am losing control of my van and going over the embankment.
I did feel trapped. I knew in my heart God heard my pleas for help. I did not know how I was going to provide 24/7 care for my Alz grandma and still get my kids to all the places they needed to be. But I felt so strongly that God had called me to bring her home that I knew if He had called me to do the task, he would also provide the resources.
On that day, my eye was struck by a number of women in pencil skirts and the cheetah print that I saw one woman wearing in the dream. They were reminders to me that God was with me. And they were everywhere!
Hospice thought we'd have 4-5 weeks with Grandma. We had 36 hours. While planning the funeral for this Grandma, I got a call telling me to come back home as the other Grandma was back inn the hospital and non-responsive. I prayed, "Lord, I cannot do 3 funerals in the same week (I had a cousin pass away very unexpectedly also)." Again, the cheetah print started catching my eye everywhere. I knew God saw me and was with me!
Last week was the funeral. It was a stressful week. My dad died 8 years ago on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. My grandmother died the same day, the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. So I had personal pain I was reliving. Plus new pain. Plus, "family issues" with Grandma's sister. Again, more cheetah print!
The highway I was driving up and down in the dream was a highway that connected to another highway, which lead one way to one grandmother's house in my hometown and the other way, to my other grandmother's house in the same town. This signified to me being torn between which Grandmother do I tend to? BTW: I'm an RN, so being with people when they are sick is my core. Especially when it came to 2 people I so dearly love!
The purse part of the dream became apparent to me, also. It was a personal significance that I would like to keep to myself. But through all of the intensity of the situation, I clung to my roots in Jesus.
Oh yeah, the river in my dream was icy, with chunks of snow in it. We brought Grandma home during the first snow of the season!
God is so good! I give him my praises and thank him for his love for me!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:55 am

One more symbolism interpretation from the dream:
the two women who laughed at me for calling out for help and believing that someone had heard me and was coming to rescue. One of my dearest friends and my grandmother's sister both told me, in not-so-many-words, that I was CRAZY for bringing Grandma home to care for her.
She was given a few minutes of absolute clarity the night before she passed. I think that in those moments, she knew she was at home, with family, and it was enough for her to relax and let go.
I was NOT crazy. I called to my God. He heard my cries and rescued me! And Grandma too!
Thank you for letting me share all this with you! My faith, not in my dreams, but in My God has been strengthened!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top