Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Seeker38

Godly Mentor

I have been praying about a godly mentor. Someone I can talk to and pray with. It has always been a desire of mine to have that type of person in my life. Someone to mentor me in the different area's of ministry. What are your thoughts about that?

seeker

I'm seeking the same thing Seeker...I have been for years. I'm not sure if God really desires to give me that or not because I REALLY have been praying. Regardless, I will stand in agreement with YOU because I know where you are coming from.

praying thumbs

Yes, I have been also seeking Him about a mentor and at times, I wonder if that is His will or if He want us to fully rely on Him for everything we need. I am at a place in my life that is really hard and I really don't understand somethings but I know He will bring clarity to every situation. Thank you for standing in agreement with me. There is power in agreement

thumbs

Seeker38

If a mentor is what God thinks you need, then you will have one. Sometimes mentors are not just people we can talk to personally, it can be someone we see and can learn from by the way they live their lives. Have the two of you looked out among you to see such a person? Your prayers could have already been answered, but you are expecting it to come a certain why and it hasn't.

I had a mentor in my life at one point, but she moved away to the east coast and became a pastor. Since then, I haven't spoken to her or anything. I believe God was saying that it was only for a season. Many things she taught me, even though they were hard lessons, have stuck with me. There are some things she used to do that I though were crazy and silly, but now that I've matured a little more, I realize she was right.

Hang in there...God hears your prayers, just make sure you are not overlooking the answer.

Ladies, I was just sitting here thinking that I could totally identify with what you were saying. I have to add my, "Me too." Here's a question for you: Is a mentor different than an accountability partner?
I am wondering to myself, "Am I desiring a mentor because I want to be like Paul and Timothy, the older teaching and refining the younger, or do I want a mentor because it has been TOUGH lately???"

Honestly, as I am sitting here typing this, I am thinking that maybe I just want someone who has "been there, done that" to come alongside help me find my way out and make the walk easier. I have accountability. But what I want is easy. Thanks for helping me understand why God has not answered this prayer for me. I had the wrong motive.

see I had a mentor but she passed away 3 years ago and it was very difficult for me. when i was growing up i use to hang around the older saints and kept to myself basically. never hung out with the in crowd because the Lord did not allow me to. i was poured into by my pastor and my mentor both of them much older one 87 and the other 82 much wisdom. I miss that. I could talk to them about anything. when I look among me cholette I don't know, I don't feel a connection or discern anyone in particular that the Lord is saying that's the one. I am being very careful to listen to Him because I don't want just anyone pouring into me. does that make since? So I am going to keep listening and keep my eyes open for the answer.

huggins

This turned out to be a good topic.

Seeker38

Seeker38 wrote:
I have been praying about a godly mentor. Someone I can talk to and pray with. It has always been a desire of mine to have that type of person in my life. Someone to mentor me in the different area's of ministry. What are your thoughts about that?

seeker

I think it is always nice to someone you can trust who also, stands firm on the Word of of God and
understands you. The Holy spirit will help you understand the Word of God. Be sure you try to understand what is being said in the Bible and how it speaks into your life right where you are.
My daughter is a wonderful friend and mentor to me. I am very blessed by my daughter.
Hope you find a good Christian friend, someone who is an intercessory prayer warrior and stand firm on God's holy Word.
God's joy to you