PROPHECY QUESTION

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PROPHECY QUESTION

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:04 pm

We all know that there are some dreams that aren't from God. In addition, there are also some prophetic words that aren't from heaven's pearly gates. That's why we should continuously pray, seek, and acknowledge God in all that we do to make sure that HE is speaking through us.

My question: WE KNOW THAT THERE ARE SOME PROPHECIES THAT COME TO PASS THAT AREN'T FROM GOD (Deuteronomy 18:21-22), HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT PROPHECIES ARE FROM GOD AND WHAT AREN'T?

Just a random question to get you all thinking. WHERE MY BIBLE SCHOLARS AT!??? rofl kiss

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PROPHECY QUESTION

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:13 am

My first thought is that every word we get from another and every prophecy that come to pass should be confirmed in God's word. That is our guide to all truth! The undeniable word of God.

Love you,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:05 am

AMEN CONNIE! I was just thinking that: God doesnt contradict himself, so whatever he says is confirmed in his word!! thanks for the response
smooches
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:06 pm

Good question!!!!

My other question would be this...I've received MILLIONS of prophecy's over the years from different prophets. Most of them usually prophesied "things" or "material wealth" over me for some reason. I know that God desires us to have things, although he doesn't want things to have us. Those prophesies of me having things line up with God's word, BUT what if the things they prophesied for me to have ARE NOT God's will for MY life even though they line up with God's word?

Hmmm...I think I already have the answer after typing that, but I want to see what you will say anyway. lol!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:08 pm

Good question to you too!!!lol

My thing is, this is when you have to seek God and have a personal relationship with him to know what he wants/doesn't want for you. You know the scripture that says, "all things are permissable, but not all things are beneficial for me" (1 Corinthians 6: 12)? This was Paul speaking that, even though there are some things that aren't necessarily 'sinful' or bad, they can still be a weight and drag us down or keep us from experiencing God's best for us (possibly even destroy us.) For example, God says that in his word (Matthew 6:33) to "seek first the Kingdom of heaven and his righteousness and all the other things shall be added" (meaning that if we seek God first in everything, he will take care of our needs and some of our wants (the ones that He knows won't have us distracted and 'out of his will' that is.) We are not to seek the stuff because the stuff can run out and we can be seeking for fleshly gain (instead of what God wants for us). All the THINGS come from Him who is our source. God never runs out of supply for each and every one of us!! I'm learning that everything that God gives us (things included) is to advance the kingdom-to help it prosper. So lets say I want a car. Lets say though that the reason I want a brand new car is just to show it off--is this helping the kingdom? Probably not, because I am not glorifying God. I'm bringing attention to myself, just trying to show everyone that, "ha, ha-I got a new car from God and you don't." But, I begin to glorify God when I can use that brand new car that God blessed me with to pick up saints for church who don't have a vehicle and who want to fellowship with the other saints (The bible says, "Dont forget the assembling of yourselves together (Hebrews 10:25)" because coming to church and fellowshiping with the saints helps to exhort one another and glorify God) You can't do this when you're missing church! God wants to do good things for us and when you have that intimacy with God-you know his heart and you know what he would want for you (I just can't explain it any better). When you go to ask God for things it won't be out of selfish motives but it will be "to bring God glory". There are specific things that line up with God's word and as I've mentioned earlier "GOD WILL NOT CONTRADICT HIS WORD"; so he won't say one thing and do another and vice versa-but if you don't know his word how can you tell what is of God and what is not (general question)? God wants us to "prosper even as our soul prospers (3 John 1:2)" so if those things aren't prospering (helping to grow) you or bringing you "peace" in God-its probably not of God! All promises that are from God are "yes and amen" (2 Corinthians 1:20). Again, you just have to pray about the other things that he tells you if not SPECIFICALLY mentioned word for word in the word. DEEP QUESTION!
smooches
desiree bubblegum

Last edited by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:16 pm

Uh huh!!! My point exactly, that's why much of what I received from the prophets have been placed on the shelf because IF it's God, it will show up anyway. I'm not a "things" type of person. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy them, but I don't seek after them so when people/prophets tell me that God is going to bless me with this or that, it's like "praise God" and I move on.

Everything that I have right now in my life is enough and when God feels I need more, then HE will give me more. You are so right when you said that God blesses us to bring glory to HIS NAME and not our own. A scripture in James popped out at me when you mentioned that. It says that we are never to ask God for wisdom out of selfish gain...it's just not the "things" that get us in trouble, it's the wisdom, knowledge and all that other good stuff that takes us "there" in our minds where we become pompus and arrogant.

I love this question and answer stuff...REALLY!! Can you tell I was the student in class that always had my hand raised? LOL!!!!

:cute:

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:26 pm

CHOLETTE
you are so cute-ditto!! I was probably not too far behind you raising my hand myself saying, "can you explain it one more time??!"
smooches
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:50 pm

OK hold on! It says in the word that He has thoughts and plan for us, thoughts to prosper us and to give us a future and a hope, not plans to harm us. That sounds like the direct will of the Father over my life and I claim it in Jesus name!

Thank you Lord!

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top