Roller Coaster Dreams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roller Coaster Dreams

Post by ThisIsSparta on Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:27 pm

i've heard these are very common and i know i've had many.

the reoccuring theme i've noticed is where i'm on a REALLY tall ride and just want down.

ThisIsSparta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roller Coaster Dreams

Post by RnestseekR on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:52 am

James Dobson, in his book, When God Doesn't Make Sense, has compared the emotions we encounter in life to a roller coaster ride. He said that we all would really like peace, but rarely do more than 2 weeks go by than SOMETHING happens. And so, we constantly race back and forth from up to down and back again. But it is our faith that keeps us grounded. Also, God uses the roller coaster experiencing to cause us to desire and yearn for Heaven. As it should be, we are foreigners to earth, this is not our home. If life were too good here, we wouldn't want to leave.
For me, I literally hate roller coasters. It's not the speed, or the going up, or the loops - it's the fall. HATE that part! Figuratively, I also hate the free-fall moments of life. No control, no promise of how the landing is going to turn out. Just FAITH that God's got me. I can identify with the part of your dreams where you are on the really tall ride and just want down. If you never get on the ride and it never goes up, then you never have to come back down either. But some would ask, "Where's the fun in that?"

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad on Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:13 pm

Just having a word picture come to mind, not intended to offend or insult:
Maybe there are things in your life where you know you are way off (way out there) but don't know how to get a grip on it (come back down). It could be an emotion, an attitude, whatever.
Just a thought ... Glad

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:02 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top